Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I hope they uphold the suspension. I am pro player safety, I think these kinds of incidents should be penalized more harshly not less. Sorry.
That's a different discussion though. If you want to multiply all suspensions by two starting next year, or whatever it is, ok, but in the meantime the Leafs can't be operating in their own more severe system of adjudication.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Parros, DoPS, NHL and Bettman are a JOKE!

1708450934526.gif

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
next time the leafs get close on an empty net goal I want that player to turn over his stick and cue-shot it in the net and the skate away. If by Bettman's statement the slapshot is irrelevant then doing a pool shot into an empty net would be. If the opposing player cross-check our player it should be automatic 5 games and no appeal as Gary already set the precedent

This league is a joke cause of Gary. It will always be a minor league in terms of the big 4.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
next time the leafs get close on an empty net goal I want that player to turn over his stick and cue-shot it in the net and the skate away. If by Bettman's statement the slapshot is irrelevant then doing a pool shot into an empty net would be. If the opposing player cross-check our player it should be automatic 5 games and no appeal as Gary already set the precedent

This league is a joke cause of Gary. It will always be a minor league in terms of the big 4.

Gary is a joke, but this has nothing to do with that. It’s dumb players who think it’s ok to hit a player up high with their stick. Rielly is dumb and he cost himself a big chunk of change for his stupidity. Yea, the slapshot is irrelevant. Don’t go high with your stick because you feel like your team got disrespected.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Gary is a joke, but this has nothing to do with that. It’s dumb players who think it’s ok to hit a player up high with their stick. Rielly is dumb and he cost himself a big chunk of change for his stupidity. Yea, the slapshot is irrelevant. Don’t go high with your stick because you feel like your team got disrespected.
he didn't go high the guy leaned back to duck out of the way and Reilly stick got him high. Grieg mans up when he sees Reilly coming that cross-check is in the shoulder pad

Guy p***yed out after being a douchebag

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

Agree with this 100% percent and after the cue shot the players shoukd ride his stick to centre ice like a cowboy.
if Bettman wants a clown league who are we to argue

I guess next time Reilly should go for the ribs like players have done to Matthews……….that will fix things…….

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
As expected. You’re welcome for the publicity NHL and f*** us again later please. Should we make an appointment?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Or better yet maybe Reeves should have gone after him and pommeled him. I guess multiple hard Reeves rights to the head would have been much gentler then a half assed hit to the head with his stick..
im all for player safety but this is not about that, it’s about the optics of what happened not the severity of the hit

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

They need to do the Michigan on the empty net

• Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Yep, stick work is stick work. If you’re going to do something like this, at least make it for a worthwhile cause, like Knies getting dummied or Lily getting slewfooted.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Next cross checking penalty leading to a suspension of any sort will be in the biggest F*cking spotlight… Such inconsistency.

You set the bar Parros, you ugly POS.
Bettman you backed up the cu*k who lost brain cells years ago lying on the ice in his proper position as a bottom.

Let’s see what you guys do next. Prove to the league and the world you guys are chicken shits.
I’m glad there’s ample noise on this one.
These corrupt jerks need to feel the heat and earn their paychecks

Reactions: TMLife17

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I love Rielly and it was really nice to see someone on this team be visibly mad that we lost a game... and this is the right decision. I know he's a first timer, but he hit a guy above the shoulders with his stick long after scoring a goal in a game that was over. He earned at least five games for that and we've gotten (at least) four wins while he's out.

Honestly, that's kind of a win-win. We showed emotion, we would've taken serious flak for not doing a thing, and we stepped up big time in his absence. I wonder if somehow this galvanized us (cue the six game slide).

Reactions: Mr_Fun

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Agree with this 100% percent and after the cue shot the players shoukd ride his stick to centre ice like a cowboy.
if Bettman wants a clown league who are we to argue

I guess next time Reilly should go for the ribs like players have done to Matthews……….that will fix things…….
yeah or like when Chiasson did the same thing to Vesey and only got a game...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: