Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The appeal they said is friday lol... once everything is almost served lol

He already had the meeting. Gary needs to think for a week to make a freaking decision? What a freaking joke entertainment, non sports league. Just rename it to WWHLE.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It’s why this whole thing is a joke. If the appeal process was fair, they would expedite the decision. Instead it just tarnishes the nhls credibility.

I guess the real top tier hockey league is the AHL now, or Euro. NHL sold it's soul and is now just a gimmick on ice. They should strip the Stanley Cup from this league entirely, embarrassment to the tradition. Very serious about that.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The appeals process is mostly just for appearances. The NHL made Tom Wilson wait 20 days for his appeal and then upheld it anyways. He had to go to an independent arbitrator to get it reduced.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't know why Bettman's decision couldn't have just been announced the day of the meeting. This isn't the sort of thing that he needs several days to mull it over, and there's no new information still to come out

Reactions: Al14

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
What we should do is if they reduce we get to pick 1 player on the opposing team to suspend. So if it Vegas we get to force stone or hill to miss the game

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
If any reduction happens it has to be announced tomorrow, so the Leafs have a chance to set up their lines at practice before the game on Wednesday vs Coyotes.

If it doesn't happen by then, any reduction after he has served 5 games will just mean he recoups the salary loss for that game.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
4 games without Rielly, 4 wins and a GAA of 2, I don't think TO has a better 4 game GAA all year and 4 straight wins when TO was having to play without Rielly, coinkedink I don't think so. It even looked to me that Brodie was playing better but that might be a coach/GM issue, not enough righties. . The PP is also not appearing to miss Rielly.

Was it the quality of opposition, with Rielly TO consistently played down to the opposition, the Philly game was the only one where TO appeared to struggle and that was one period only, basically.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
How about in return, we get a suspension of Parros from getting involved in the next five suspensions involving the Leafs?

Many teams would envy us for getting this "settlement".

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
have they given any update on when we might hear a decision?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He already had the meeting. Gary needs to think for a week to make a freaking decision? What a freaking joke entertainment, non sports league. Just rename it to WWHLE.
Bettman is waiting for Jeremy Jaccobs to tell him what he wants to happen with Rielly's appeal. He likely wants the Leafs to miss Rielly for the entire 5 games.

Jacobs is likely pissed that it was ONLY 5 games to begin with. He wants the Leafs to be hurt by not having Rielly for the entire 5 games.

The CORRUPT NHL is just, well, CORRUPT !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad