Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
next time the leafs get close on an empty net goal I want that player to turn over his stick and cue-shot it in the net and the skate away. If by Bettman's statement the slapshot is irrelevant then doing a pool shot into an empty net would be. If the opposing player cross-check our player it should be automatic 5 games and no appeal as Gary already set the precedent

This league is a joke cause of Gary. It will always be a minor league in terms of the big 4.

They should do it every single time there is an empty net. Without exception, it should be our teams thing.

Let em rip boys, don't hold back on them empty netters

That too. Or do a 360 spinOrama.
May as well just do a reverse Gudas and turn around in the crease after you put it in, flex and yell at their bench.

Happy Gilmore on Ice should be the Leafs goal.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Lucky Rielly gets to come back for Vegas, Avs and Vegas again. The hot takes will be out of control if the Leafs don't win 2 or 3 lol

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
It was unlikely for Bettman to use his time machine to make it 1 game suspension.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
One of the things that really bothers me is that Parros would have done the same or worse when he was playing.......hell, I think he would have done it if he strapped on skates today.

He knows the game.

Mr. Home run doing a dance after his bomb is getting beaned the next at bat. That aint gonna change......and it shouldnt.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One of the things that really bothers me is that Parros would have done the same or worse when he was playing.......hell, I think he would have done it if he strapped on skates today.

He knows the game.

Mr. Home run doing a dance after his bomb is getting beaned the next at bat. That aint gonna change......and it shouldnt.

If Jacob Trouba received the same kind of disciplinary treatment as Rielly for the stuff he does on a semi regular basis, he'd play 20 games a season.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
37-15 without Riley since 2016
The Leafs have a .500pt or better record whenever they've been without any one of the Big 4 or Rielly. This includes a >100 pt pace whenever theyre without Matthews or Tavares.

35-19-2 without Matthews
13-13-4 without Marner
46-39-12 without Nylander
8-2-2 without Tavares.

Obviously the solution is to get rid of the Big 4 and Rielly. It's obvious that our AHLers are better hockey players than our stars and we'd have a record breaking year if we got rid of all of them! Much more likely than the crazy idea that our players step up and play a more disciplined game when one or more of their stars are out of the lineup!!!

Reactions: Jmo89

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't hate that it's 5 games, I do hate how inconsistently the NHL applies suspensions.

Skip the appeal next time, do it through Social Media. Post the Chaisson and Edmundson cross checks on twitter, tik tok, etc.. throw in a few more examples like Benn/Stone and tag DOPS.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't hate that it's 5 games, I do hate how inconsistently the NHL applies suspensions.

Skip the appeal next time, do it through Social Media. Post the Chaisson and Edmundson cross checks on twitter, tik tok, etc.. throw in a few more examples like Benn/Stone and tag DOPS.

It really is the only answer. If that doesn't work, they would have to protest at the board of Governors level and call for the ouster of Gary Bettman.

They are obviously running a good racket though. Bet dollars to donuts if the books got audited the league would be exposed for high level corruption through vectors like Arizona.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Due to the results with Rielly out of the lineup, the rumor is that Trev is asking for a suspension extension, 5 more games?

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
The league has always liked to use the Leafs as an example. This is nothing new.

Looking forward to the next crosscheck to the head getting a fine.

Frankly, the team has looked great since this happened, so I guess we can thank those bozos in the DOPS.

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
What do you expect from a Bettman run league? That POS openly caters to American teams. I follow all Canadian teams and it's clear as day. All Canadian fans should boycott at this point. Winning the cup is not possible with that shitstain running things

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
The Leafs have a .500pt or better record whenever they've been without any one of the Big 4 or Rielly. This includes a >100 pt pace whenever theyre without Matthews or Tavares.

35-19-2 without Matthews
13-13-4 without Marner
46-39-12 without Nylander
8-2-2 without Tavares.

Obviously the solution is to get rid of the Big 4 and Rielly. It's obvious that our AHLers are better hockey players than our stars and we'd have a record breaking year if we got rid of all of them! Much more likely than the crazy idea that our players step up and play a more disciplined game when one or more of their stars are out of the lineup!!!
gotta watch the games. they play better defensively when he's out. Do they play better offensively when Matthews is out? Lol.. no. Context matters.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
If Jacob Trouba received the same kind of disciplinary treatment as Rielly for the stuff he does on a semi regular basis, he'd play 20 games a season.

Its alll a crapshow.

Theres a reason why the Sens vets didnt want to comment after the game or why even after the play, it was the Leafs that were still riled up while the Sens were trying to slink off to the dressing room.

Wierdest suspension in a while in that the villian was the "victim" and the guy standing up for the sport got the book thrown at him by clueless virtue-signaling management. There wasnt even an injury to complicate things here. Young punk got taught a lesson for acting classless by a vet and a 2 gamer or whatever would be easy to swallow as "they have to give him something" or whatever but this was a bad look for the league to go over the top here.

I think Rielly is the one who came out of this looking by far the best out of everyone and hes the guy who gave someone a stick to the chops lol.

Reactions: LeafEgo

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Lack of respect does not warrant the actions of Reilly. That being said, I hope the league hands out the same punishment for every similar hits to the head from here on. What frustrates people is the inconsistency in those decisions.

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes