Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I thought it said somewhere bettman has 48 hours or something to make a decision so probably won't know until at least tomorrow... if not Sunday. He won't be playing tomorrow.

Doubtful they'll reduce it but worth a shot.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hilarious that people are conflating Zadorov mocking Walman with the Greig-Rielly incident. The idea that Mo or any Leaf should’ve just did to Grieg what he did to us completely ignores that the guy did his slapshot in the last game of the season between us. Guaranteed if the Leafs had done nothing and next season some Leaf clapped a bomb into the Sens empty net people would be chirping them for waiting months before responding and wondering why the Leafs didn’t do anything in the moment if they were so offended.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I thought it said somewhere bettman has 48 hours or something to make a decision so probably won't know until at least tomorrow... if not Sunday. He won't be playing tomorrow.

Doubtful they'll reduce it but worth a shot.
Bettman, he hates Canada and our teams, the guy has been a cancer to the NHL since him and his gleeky, smug ass face appeard as commissioner to this league, hence, no Canadian team expansions, clown

1000002762.png

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If the appeal reduces the suspension but not until it's been entirely served already you should get credit for time served on your next suspension if applicable. For example lets say he sits out 5 games and then Bettman reduces it to 4 after he alread ymissed 5. The next time he gets suspended then it's considered he served 1 game of it already

Pinkcat

Jul 4, 2013
They'll drag it for two weeks, reduce it post-mortem, and he'll get some $$$ back
And that is the whole problem. Everything about the process is so arbitrary. Five games for some, no suspension for others for the same infraction. I hope he does get money back but at the end of the day all that really has happened is the league punished the Maple Leafs and their fans. Five games for an accidental cuff to the head by a first time offender who has been a model player for many years in the league.
Can you imagine the chaos in society if the police upheld the criminal code to the same standard as the NHL?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
And that is the whole problem. Everything about the process is so arbitrary. Five games for some, no suspension for others for the same infraction. I hope he does get money back but at the end of the day all that really has happened is the league punished the Maple Leafs and their fans. Five games for an accidental cuff to the head by a first time offender who has been a model player for many years in the league.
Can you imagine the chaos in society if the police upheld the criminal code to the same standard as the NHL?

I hate that he's being punished for the goon's inability to protect himself. If you are so useless, your own hands redirect body shots to your head, keep them down.

I hope the rookie moron his name I already forget, eats many shots like this in his short NHL stint.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It’s ridiculous that it takes this long to decide on the appeal.
It's more about discouraging the appealing player and future appealing players than it is getting things done quickly. I'm sure relevant language will be added to the next CBA to prevent the league from these delay tactics and disrespect for the players and the Union.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
If the appeal reduces the suspension but not until it's been entirely served already you should get credit for time served on your next suspension if applicable. For example lets say he sits out 5 games and then Bettman reduces it to 4 after he alread ymissed 5. The next time he gets suspended then it's considered he served 1 game of it already

I think all Toronto wants is an explanation of the shitshow process and how it was leaked 1 hour before a game.

Reactions: Forgotusername

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad