GDT: Rico'll Be Home For Christmas: Ducks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
I know some people give him flack around here, but John Moore played one heck of a game. By far our best defenseman. I think he's taken strides defensively and he's much more aware and more physical. When he puts it all together like that, with his skating he can look so good.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I know some people give him flack around here, but John Moore played one heck of a game. By far our best defenseman. I think he's taken strides defensively and he's much more aware and more physical. When he puts it all together like that, with his skating he can look so good.

Wow, you just said Jehovah.... :D

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
All I will say is goal of the year for Rico. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Feel real bad that it happened against Vats. I’m sure the guys had fun with that one last night.

And very happy for the comeback and more importantly that secondary scoring were getting.

Just be ready for the Rangers. We don’t need to watch another comeback.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When talking about the crowd... let's remember it's a Monday night vs Anaheim... and that was one of the loudest crowds we've had in years. This season has just been awesome.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
All I will say is goal of the year for Rico. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Feel real bad that it happened against Vats. I’m sure the guys had fun with that one last night.

And very happy for the comeback and more importantly that secondary scoring were getting.

Just be ready for the Rangers. We don’t need to watch another comeback.

Rico made him look like LJ, flat-footed.

It was such a smooth play, move and shot by Rico.

For the Rags, huge game, just beat them whatever which way you can.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
because that’s what we do around here.

team is relevant for the first time since the 2012 run; complain.

If people want something valid to complain about, pricing for Saturdays game got jacked up high over the last week.

200 level is near $70 per seat.

Expect a lot of empties on a Saturday night holiday crowd vs the Chicago Blackjacks thanks to Scott ONeil Sellout Prevention 101.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I know some felt it was probably a bit much, but I thought everything for Rico was incredibly well done. Rico holds a special place in a lot of fans' hearts, and much of it has to do with how he was off of it. He was a real face for the franchise for a new generation as he was the first who really was able to take the opportunity to interact with the fans in a way that past players couldn't.

He embraced everything about it here and the fans embraced him back. He may not be anywhere close to the best player in franchise history, but he's certainly up there in my eyes as one of the most special for all that he did off the ice.

All of that said, I'm so happy we pulled out the 2 points.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Another good sign. The devils have won two in a row with Hall not on the score sheet, something that they have struggled to do all season.

Means secondary scoring is stepping up

secondary scoring has been the most pleasant surprise of the year IMO

Camille the Eel

The key is how the crowd engages the game or not.

And it sounded like it was locked in last night.

Thumbs up to the fans last night.
It's so important to the club's success I think. This is an overlooked factor generally. But engaging the club with filled houses, and a great electric feeling in a the house is a huge part of winning at home. It's an extension of the locker room. A big benchmark for team development. This is a of a piece with what we are seeing right now.

Great tying goal by Bratt.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know some felt it was probably a bit much, but I thought everything for Rico was incredibly well done. Rico holds a special place in a lot of fans' hearts, and much of it has to do with how he was off of it. He was a real face for the franchise for a new generation as he was the first who really was able to take the opportunity to interact with the fans in a way that past players couldn't.

He embraced everything about it here and the fans embraced him back. He may not be anywhere close to the best player in franchise history, but he's certainly up there in my eyes as one of the most special for all that he did off the ice.

All of that said, I'm so happy we pulled out the 2 points.

Rico's tweet said "It's over.....for now". He may change his mind, but he left here wanting to come back. He may yet return as a UFA. Now that he's been exiled wouldn't surprise me if he is a better player for it.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
As much as I'd like it emotionally, I don't see any realistic way that Rico comes back (at least now right now).

The impetus for the trade was that Shero wasn't going to re-sign Henrique to a market value contract. If the Devils do the Hradek deal for EK (or something similar) and are in desperate need of a 2C in a couple of years, maybe that changes. But until then, I don't see how $6+ million a year for Henrique fits into the current salary structure.

Btw, I also think Henrique puts up 30-30 in the next couple of years. He's got something to prove, and I think he's going to take his game to another level because of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad