Rick Nash vs Jeff Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

Bruins4Ever said:
You've gotta be kidding me right? He'll be at best a third liner? Come on, Carter is going to be a #1 centre capable of 80 points per season at least.

Common. You say that Carter, in his prime, will be good for AT LEAST 80 points per? Common. Some of the comments on this board absolutely baffle me.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in on the Flyers cap situation. Believe or not, the flyers will like be a very young and inexpensive team. Based on 24% rollbacks, they should have a payroll in the 30-32 million dollar range assuming that buyouts do not count against the cap. That leaves about 8 million to sign 2 or 3 players to fill the holes.

Gagne-Carter-Roenick (9 mil)
Knuble-Handzus-UFA (3.5 mil)
Kapanen-Primeau-Stevenson (7.5 mil)
Sharpe-Richards/Umberger-Radio/Brash (3 mil)

Pitkanen-Johnsson (3 mil)
Markov-Seidenberg (2.5 mil)
UFA-UFA
Timander (.5 mil)

Esche
Nittymakki (1.5 mil)

The flyers have a lot of very young and skilled forwards, their will be a lot of battles at camp for roster spots. But a big time goal scorer on the second line for 5 mil (Palffy, Demitra, someone like that) and 2 solid d-men for around 2 mil a piece, the flyers could field a very young, exciting, and competitive team next season.

Roger's Pancreas*

hattrickshockey2 said:
Re-read my post. It says that "Clarkie overpaid, offered long contracts, or traded for high income players..." which makes your question about who Clarke recently overpaid less than 1/3 of a rebuttle to why Clarke is NOT a smart GM. I just wanted to point that out real quick :sarcasm: And let me ask you a question? What do you view "recently" as meaning? It can mean a lot of things, but i am only going to take "recently" as overpaying a player on a contract that'll last past the last CBA. So here's your answer: LeClair ($9 mil? WOW!!!), Roenick (good player, but too costly), Brashear (already mentioned by another poster), Primeau ($5 mil on a 3rd line center? new contract better than his last one, however), and Ragnarsson ($3+ mil for a 3rd pairing d-man). So there you have it.

The first three contracts mentioned above also make Clarke guilty of offering longer contracts than he should have. Why do you think LeClair and Roenick signed with the Flyers? It wasn't just for the $$$, but also for the length of contract. That is why only 1 or 2 other teams were seriously in the running for either player; and Clarke offering longer contracts than a smart GM would is a HUGE reason why they signed. I mean come on, Clarke new the owners wanted a cap in a new CBA and yet he's willing to give only a handful of players a big chunk of a teams salary? Clarke is in the company of about 3 other GMs that played their cards pretty stinking bad...

I'm so tired of people saying that LeClair shouldn't be making what he is. He scored fifty goals for three consecutive seasons with Lindors. Everyone had the notion that Eric was much more durable than what he actually was. If John could have kept that touch he would be worth the price paid. Then there's the captain Keith Primeau who does whatever is asked of him. He plays a checking role because that's the role Hitch puts him in. Keith has proven that he is a capable goal scorer given the right ice time so I don't see any problem in signing your captain for 4.5 mil. Brash is a waste of salary no doubt though. Macus Ragnarsson was one of the top four defenceman on our team last year. He was solid on the penalty kill and could log a ton of minutes a night. Marcus was also a mentor to Joni, constantly trying to improve the kid's defensive play.

Your problem is with arbitration not Bobby Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad