Rick Nash vs Jeff Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Seeing as these two phenomenal young hockey players are only 1 year apart, i'd like input as to who will:

Score more goals in NHL - I have to say Nash with 41 goals already, watch out for 50 in the years to come
More points in NHL - Very close, Nash will outscore but Carter will probably get more assists
Better NHLer - great debate here but i'm going to have to go w/ Nasher

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
trahans99 said:
Seeing as these two phenomenal young hockey players are only 1 year apart, i'd like input as to who will:

Score more goals in NHL - I have to say Nash with 41 goals already, watch out for 50 in the years to come
More points in NHL - Very close, Nash will outscore but Carter will probably get more assists
Better NHLer - great debate here but i'm going to have to go w/ Nasher

Wow! Carter is getting mentioned in the same breath as Rick Nash by a Knights fan of all people. Colour me excited about the future of the Flyers.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
salzy said:
Wow! Carter is getting mentioned in the same breath as Rick Nash by a Knights fan of all people. Colour me excited about the future of the Flyers.

Yes but Carter is from London, Ontario j/k ...

I'm only asking because it seems to me that the hype around Carter after the past two years rivals the hype around Nash

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
How can you compare these two? Argueably the best scoring threat in the NHL vs a good prospect.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
NYRangers said:
How can you compare these two? Argueably the best scoring threat in the NHL vs a good prospect.

I agree. While Carter is looking good he is quickly becomign way overrated on this board.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm of the opinion that Carter is just a tiny bit overrated on these forums.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
nash would score you the game winner, carter would do all those things that ensure your team is in a position to score the game winner

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
trahans99 said:
Easy to compare, 1 year apart. I'm asking for comparisons on potential not this season obviously

Easy to compare? Carter will be lucky to ever have an as dominating a season as Nash already has.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Jeff Carter might never accomplish half what Rick Nash has accomplished so far so to answer your question : Rick Nash is leaps and bound ahead of Carter right now

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
easton122 said:
Jealous Rangers fan :p:

Jealous because I'm not willing to bet a prospect (no matter who it is) isn't going to be dominating with a preformance equal to a 41 goal season well before his prime?

Call me crazy.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
NYRangers said:
Jealous because I'm not willing to bet a prospect (no matter who it is) isn't going to be dominating with a preformance equal to a 41 goal season well before his prime?

Call me crazy.

I agree. If it wasn't for his WJ performance, Carter's fan club would be much smaller. Carter isn't even close to Nash right now. Even comparing the two is an insult to Nash (no offense to Carter).

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
Why is it that everytime a person says something that's not 100% fellating about a rival team's prospect, the first response from the prospect's team's fans are "you're just jealous". Geez.

I'm a Flyers fan, but there's no way in hell you can compare Nash and Carter today. None.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Lock this thread.

Flyers players and prospects are only allowed to be compared to Devils players and prospects.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
I'm of the opinion that Carter is just a tiny bit overrated on these forums.
Not really because you always have people like:
NYRangers said:
Easy to compare? Carter will be lucky to ever have an as dominating a season as Nash already has.
and
fredez said:
Jeff Carter might never accomplish half what Rick Nash has accomplished so far

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
NYRangers said:

Call me crazy.

Decent chance he never scores 41 goals, but he'll certainly put up more than 16 assists, and likely have a number of seasons of more than 57 points.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
John Flyers Fan said:
he'll certainly put up more than 16 assists, and likely have a number of seasons of more than 57 points.
I disagree that the former is "certain", and that the latter is "likely."

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
I disagree that the former is "certain", and that the latter is "likely."
You don't think he'll put up more than 16 assists as a center in the league? C'mon, I know that no prospect is a certainty, but he's a very safe prospect and would have been a flyer had their been a season. In addition, he'll be put in a position to succeed, likely playing with Gagne and Roenick on a line. That alone will get him well over 16 assists. With his speed, size, and hands, I think he's a very good bet to surpass 57 points during his career on multiple occasions, especially if it's opened up a little bit.

All that being said, this comparison's not fair to Jeff. He's a very good prospect, but Nash is a very good NHL player. He's a great gritty goal scorer already and i'm sure his all around game will evolve. I guess it's possible that Jeff can match him as a player, but not likely.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
fredez said:
Jeff Carter might never accomplish half what Rick Nash has accomplished so far so to answer your question : Rick Nash is leaps and bound ahead of Carter right now

I'm not talking about right now :shakehead I'm talking about potential and when they were drafted. Nobody expected Nash to score 41 at 19.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:
[/B]

I'm not talking about right now :shakehead I'm talking about potential and when they were drafted. Nobody expected Nash to score 41 at 19.
I should've added that Nash is far from have reached his potential and that Rick Nash's ceiling will always be higher than Jeff Carter's one.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Gags1288 said:
You don't think he'll put up more than 16 assists as a center in the league?
Yes. But I don't consider it a certainty.

I peg Carter as a 20-20 kind of guy.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
Decent chance he never scores 41 goals, but he'll certainly put up more than 16 assists, and likely have a number of seasons of more than 57 points.

Thats why I kept terming it 'as dominating of a preformance'.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
NYRangers said:
Thats why I kept terming it 'as dominating of a preformance'.
I agree somewhat. Carter will never come close to at least one number Nash put up: -35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->