Speculation: RHD available or potentially available

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
From Buffalo:

RHD Erik Johnson could very much be available. 3rd pair guy, still great on the PK. Just don't ask him to log big minutes 5v5.

RHD Henri Jokiharju could also be available. 2nd/3rd pair guy. Not great on special teams, but can soak up minutes 5v5. Still has upside and is RFA, so you've got him for another year. A bit up and down.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Bogosian - TDL - 3rd pair - $850k cap hit

Would hope we get a 2nd for him, but would probably be content with something like 3rd + 5th/6th.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In North American style hockey it is more common for Right handed people to shoot left.
In Canada, and most European countries, it is more common for RH players to shoot left. In the US, it is far more common for RH to shoot right, probably because of baseball, where RH batters tend to hit R, as do golfers.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
But they (righties) golf with right handed clubs. I guess i don't understand what's driving it.

The dominant hand is more useful to control the stick handling at the top of the stick, it also lets you have more power in a wrist shot etc.

I think it's similar to how right handed musicians fret with their left, despite how, logically, it would be the other way.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Yes they still have one left. Both Savard and Allen could be the last potential retention spot.

Savard is the more enticing option since his return would be much better and Allen would be used only to dump his contract, which we need to do.

Per Renaud Lavoie, Montreal is more about keeping the option for Allen.

Also Savard is probably the only good asset that would make Hutson arrival easier in NHL.

I cant see the Habs goes on Savard way without receiving a 1st rd pick

Reactions: Blueston

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In Canada, and most European countries, it is more common for RH players to shoot left. In the US, it is far more common for RH to shoot right, probably because of baseball, where RH batters tend to hit R, as do golfers.
I'm right handed. Shoot left in hockey, bat right, golf right. Batting and golfing are more related control-wise than stick handling and shooting.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Any RFAs? Could be sneaky targets if they are going to cost more than the team might be willing to pay him on arbitrartion or d deal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What would be the return for Hab's Justin Barron? I can see a Barron + Allen trade (with retention on Allen). Most Habs fans would disagree. But just curious what the return could be.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If the Canucks make a move to upgrade their defense—let’s say Tanev—I could see them make Tyler Myers available at 50% in a corresponding move elsewhere for the necessary cap space.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
One of Matt Roy or Jordan Spence could in theory be available. LA desperately needs a good goaltender. They're riding the hot hand between Rittich and Talbot, but that's been a nightmare scenario for the past month.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In North American style hockey it is more common for Right handed people to shoot left.
Moreso in Canada than in US. In Canada the theory has been that your dominant hand should be at the top of the stick for stick control and handling.

This is a bit less prevalent in the US.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Im right handed,

played hockey till early 20’s various levels, shoot left handed in hockey and golf. Catch left handed, throw right handed.
Left handed Hockey and Golf ?
Weird ...
Im left in Hockey and right at Golf, most people are or the other way around not both on the same side.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Left handed Hockey and Golf ?
Weird ...
Im left in Hockey and right at Golf, most people are or the other way around not both on the same side.
All my former teammates who were lefty in hockey golf rightie. Never could figure out why.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Peeke's available. We've been holding onto him in the hope that he could be an all-situations shutdown type, but he's retained too many gaps in his performance to be reliable as the "cover guy" for someone more offense oriented, which is a damned shame. Good at third pairing or as part of a strict shutdown pairing, but beyond that YMMV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad