Speculation: RHD available or potentially available

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Habs next year, if this happen:

312a50122ea624d0565f4d5b7c3478b4.gif
Well I am an out of the closet tanker.

But yes, I could see Hugjes bring ing in a vet, or keeping savard, and either going with 8 d or trading one of Kovacevic or Harris and keeping the one who isn't traded as the number 7 d.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Well I am an out of the closet tanker.

But yes, I could see Hugjes bring ing in a vet, or keeping savard, and either going with 8 d or trading one of Kovacevic or Harris and keeping the one who isn't traded as the number 7 d.

I dont expect Kovacevic to be moved that easily. Not only he's a big piece of man, but he's a way ahead everybody on + & - section. It would look strange the trade the only one good player on that section for something meh!

Reactions: hn777

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Is he that terrible? 2 years left, $3.25 per, 13 assists, +10 rating
90% of Oilers fans would move Ceci if a difference maker is coming back. Think some one like Parayko. There is always 1 or 2 players that get ripped by a few fans. Ceci is playing top pairing minutes and while Nurse has been very good since he got a puck to the head, knocked some sense to him. Let's face it Nurse's game isn't about helping his D partner. Ceci is probably a number 4 guy playing number 2 and he is holding his own. Put Ceci with Ekholm and he would look fantastic

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
90% of Oilers fans would move Ceci if a difference maker is coming back. Think some one like Parayko. There is always 1 or 2 players that get ripped by a few fans. Ceci is playing top pairing minutes and while Nurse has been very good since he got a puck to the head, knocked some sense to him. Let's face it Nurse's game isn't about helping his D partner. Ceci is probably a number 4 guy playing number 2 and he is holding his own. Put Ceci with Ekholm and he would look fantastic
All true. Only way Ceci going out makes sense is for a major upgrade like the above. He isn’t going out to be replaced by a David Savard.

Reactions: McSuper

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Me hitting left handed in golf, is unusual I’ve found, far more right handed out there
I once spoke to a guy at golf town who shared that the average in golf around the world is like 90/10 righties to lefties, but in Canada because of hockey it's like 75/25.

It's because we slap a stick in an uncoordinated child's hands and say does this feel comfortable, they don't know the difference and then they stick with it for the rest of there life.

Example, I'm right handed I golf and shoot left because as a kid I thought I was left handed

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
But they (righties) golf with right handed clubs. I guess i don't understand what's driving it.
I don't either. I shoot left in hockey but hit right in baseball and in golf. Just was what was natural when I started playing hockey. Hockey more than the others you need to use one hand on the stick fairly often, so having your top hand be your strong hand matters more. That's all I can think of.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Basically this, if you could put Ceci on a 2nd pairing that was just expected to go out and eat minutes without much fanfare you wouldn't hear many complaints about him. He worked super well with the corpse of Keith in that role in that very role a few seasons back. But playing with Nurse, on a pairing that gets a lot of offensive icetime with the top 2 lines, he just feels out of place and unable to contribute.

Imo his ideal partner is someone like Gavrikov, Marcus Pettersson or even Kulak. But that's part of Ceci's problem in Edmonton: Kulak-Desharnais have been outstanding in their role, so it's hard to justify taking Vinny out to put Ceci in his ideal spot.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But they (righties) golf with right handed clubs. I guess i don't understand what's driving it.

Dominant hand goes on the bottom in golf and usually on top in hockey. See below.

I don't either. I shoot left in hockey but hit right in baseball and in golf. Just was what was natural when I started playing hockey. Hockey more than the others you need to use one hand on the stick fairly often, so having your top hand be your strong hand matters more. That's all I can think of.

Top hand also does the finer movements, think like twisting a screwdriver. Which hand do you twist a screwdriver with?

There is a training method to get players to stickhandle properly - slide an empty toilet paper roll or pvc section down the stick and keep your bottom hand on it. The bottom hand should stay loose and slide up and down freely, the bottom hand is there to act as a fulcrum.

Reactions: lwvs84

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
From Nashville:

2nd pairing: Barrie, Carrier, Fabbro

Fabbro has been paired with Josi but never given 1st pairing minutes. Doesnt really fit the style that Brunette wants to take the team so his minutes have been dropping. More of a stylistic clash instead of an indictment of results as he is still better defensively than Barrie or Schenn.

Barrie lots of books written about him here. Lots of offense. Not alot of defense. Still true.

Carrier our best overall 2nd pairing dman. Gets paired with Lauzon alot. Gets hard assignments and lots of defensive zone starts. Trotz likely prefers to keep this one

1 retention spot left.
What's the stylistic clash with Fabbro?

What do the Preds need?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I’d want more than a 4th to take Ceci

Ceci isn't a dump. FFS guys. Ceci has a reasonable contract, short term, plays RHD and is a middle pairing defenseman. Lots of teams would welcome him in the right role.

For Edmonton to move him a better RHD has to come back. They have to replace the minutes Ceci plays on the right side which aren't insignificant. They don't have anyone in the organization ready to step in and take those minutes on. You see what I am saying? He actually contributes to the line up.

If the Oilers DO acquire a better RHD Ceci has to move out because of their cap situation. That's why he is included in proposals. I mean geez the takes on this site. If a guy doesn't score 60 points and play in the top pairing he's trash.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Hey Quiz guy you never lived up to the name, I always thought you’d be making interesting quizzes/polls on the polls section, maybe you still have plans to

Cheers
I thought he just liked toasty sandwiches.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Me hitting left handed in golf, is unusual I’ve found, far more right handed out there
can't speak to golf
my impression is, exceptions that prove every rule,
typically in baseball you bat based on your vision;
you face the plate w/stronger eye = better vision

how that translates as to catch and throw I can't say

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
From Buffalo:

RHD Erik Johnson could very much be available. 3rd pair guy, still great on the PK. Just don't ask him to log big minutes 5v5.

RHD Henri Jokiharju could also be available. 2nd/3rd pair guy. Not great on special teams, but can soak up minutes 5v5. Still has upside and is RFA, so you've got him for another year. A bit up and down.
Sabres fans are too quick to give up on Joki. He's a young RHD with second pairing upside who has a history of pairing well with Dahlin. Is he the ideal #2 D? Probably not but I'd still keep him.
Hey Quiz guy you never lived up to the name, I always thought you’d be making interesting quizzes/polls on the polls section, maybe you still have plans to

Cheers
I don't think it's fair to put the burden of expectation on someone simply because of their username.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad