Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Anybody know who Mia was rendered of? Looked up the cast on IMDB but it only has the voices listed.
I can only assume they modeled the character off of someone similar to Until Dawn.

Or maybe the voice actress is the body render too and the red hair is just throwing me off :laugh:

As for the game itself...i would have pegged it at probably a 9/10 if not for some very very dumb plot hole inconsistancies such as

[spoil] Why is there a choice to cure zoe if she is instantly killed by evelyn meaning the cure was pointless. Also, if the cure didn't work as some suggest (because its D-Series as opposed to E-Series) then why does it kill Jack but not cure Zoe? Also Mia magically landing near the ship if you chose Zoe is absolutely stupid. Finally, if you chose Zoe, you murder your wife one last time before ending the story.

Meanwhile if you choose Mia, Zoe is basically killed off-screen (lame), and instead of murdering Mia before the end, she pushes you out of a door before she fully "turns", a door that is there in the zoe version but is casually locked. Also, Mia gets "turned" in both endings despite a cure (probably never even worked) so how exactly is Mia fine at the end of the game, she was infected / re-infected by Evelyn. [/spoil]

But the game as a whole is pretty solid. Leaps and bounds better than the last 2 piles of **** they pushed out.
Solid 7/10 maybe an 8/10

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Anybody know who Mia was rendered of? Looked up the cast on IMDB but it only has the voices listed.
I can only assume they modeled the character off of someone similar to Until Dawn.

Or maybe the voice actress is the body render too and the red hair is just throwing me off :laugh:

As for the game itself...i would have pegged it at probably a 9/10 if not for some very very dumb plot hole inconsistancies such as

[spoil] Why is there a choice to cure zoe if she is instantly killed by evelyn meaning the cure was pointless. Also, if the cure didn't work as some suggest (because its D-Series as opposed to E-Series) then why does it kill Jack but not cure Zoe? Also Mia magically landing near the ship if you chose Zoe is absolutely stupid. Finally, if you chose Zoe, you murder your wife one last time before ending the story.

Meanwhile if you choose Mia, Zoe is basically killed off-screen (lame), and instead of murdering Mia before the end, she pushes you out of a door before she fully "turns", a door that is there in the zoe version but is casually locked. Also, Mia gets "turned" in both endings despite a cure (probably never even worked) so how exactly is Mia fine at the end of the game, she was infected / re-infected by Evelyn. [/spoil]

But the game as a whole is pretty solid. Leaps and bounds better than the last 2 piles of **** they pushed out.
Solid 7/10 maybe an 8/10

Yeah that whole situation was weird

[spoil]I chose Mia so didn't know what happened to Zoe, just assumed her and Lucas got picked up by "Redfield" and Umbrella. Although Lucas probably ran. I thought it was weird how Mia saves you by getting infected again and locking you out then you just don't see her until she's on the helicopter again[/spoil]

as far as "the cure"

[spoil]When Eveline is killed everyone is cured, so Ethan and Mia and to that effect Lucas and Zoe (if she's still alive, because if people pick Mia they don't know she's dead so its hard to tell whats canon and if she's alive or not...

They should have done more with Zoe, she helped you out throughout the game and then had like 5 minutes of screen time and either dies or is never seen or heard of again. I also just assumed that Jack was cured and would have turned back to normal but he did sort of cocoon or dry out as a monster... idk[/spoil]

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Yeah that whole situation was weird

[spoil]I chose Mia so didn't know what happened to Zoe, just assumed her and Lucas got picked up by "Redfield" and Umbrella. Although Lucas probably ran. I thought it was weird how Mia saves you by getting infected again and locking you out then you just don't see her until she's on the helicopter again[/spoil]

as far as "the cure"

[spoil]When Eveline is killed everyone is cured, so Ethan and Mia and to that effect Lucas and Zoe (if she's still alive, because if people pick Mia they don't know she's dead so its hard to tell whats canon and if she's alive or not...

They should have done more with Zoe, she helped you out throughout the game and then had like 5 minutes of screen time and either dies or is never seen or heard of again. I also just assumed that Jack was cured and would have turned back to normal but he did sort of cocoon or dry out as a monster... idk[/spoil]

[spoil] Lucas is immune to Eveline. They gave immunized him in exchange for spying on her at the baker house.

It's implied zoe is dead either way because you see her in the "dream" sequence with jack when you're about to play ethan again

and everyone being cured because eveline is dead would be a HUGE cop out

PS - Jack is dead because they zoe said he was "too far gone to be saved so the cure kills him rather than saves but then it doesn't work for anyone else, so dumb.[/spoil]

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Great game. A return to form for Resident Evil after the action borefest that were 5 and 6 (and the second half of 4 to a certain extent)

Did 2 runs so far. First on normal which took me around 10 hours as i explored everything and wanted to find all the bobblehead without a guide or a tutorial.

2nd run was a speed run on Easy for the unlockables. Finished it in 3h06 but i could have made it in 2h30 easy had i not made a few mistakes (forgetting some items in the box . backtracking for nothing etc)

Now ready for my third and final run on Madhouse with all the unlocked items. Will take a week off before though as to not burn myself out.

A solid 8.5/10 for me. Wish i could play it in VR but alas i sold my PS4 a year ago.Currently playing it on PC with a GTX 970. Runs great and feel great. Good job Capcom !!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kick a body at him, hit him while he's stunned, repeat. His attacks are easy to get away from. If you're gonna get hit, block.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Mia on Madhouse is destroying me. I read that it's the hardest fight.

Which seems weird, its not a very long fight but I guess you have to be on point with your blocking.

I have to try madhouse but I'd think Margarite would be the toughest boss fight on Madhouse, maybe the 2nd Jack battle

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Honestly the game length is turning me off... I think I will wait a bit and get it used or at discount... can't justify 80$ on 10hrs of game play

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Dlc is out for it now, been watching some game play of it and it's showing me I'm still a little *****

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The DLC was actually really cool.

- One is basically an escape room
- 21 is deadly blackjack and super fun
- Daughters shows you Zoe's perspective of what is happening to her family

Ethan Must Die and Jacks 55th Birthday are fun as well. I really liked Jacks 55th birthday

Apparently there is still a 3rd paid DLC coming and then of course the free "Not a Hero" DLC coming out later in 2017

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
10 hour game?

They should stop popping these out every year if they are putting no effort into them anymore. Can't believe someone would pay full price for this game.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
10 hour game?

They should stop popping these out every year if they are putting no effort into them anymore. Can't believe someone would pay full price for this game.

Yes, zero effort went into this game. Seriously?

10-15 hours is the perfect game length Imo. Past that it can overstay it's welcome (there's exceptions of course)

Uncharted 4 is a 15 hour game and that just won game of the on this board.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yes, zero effort went into this game. Seriously?

10-15 hours is the perfect game length Imo. Past that it can overstay it's welcome (there's exceptions of course)

Uncharted 4 is a 15 hour game and that just won game of the on this board.

Lets not try to compare Uncharted 4 with RE :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad