Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
There was a time where Resident Evil meant a day 1 buy, no question.

After 6, it's gonna take something strong to get me back in. Hopefully the success of FFXV after FFXIII shows there's some hope for RE7 and it will actually be a good game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

After 6, it's gonna take something strong to get me back in. Hopefully the success of FFXV after FFXIII shows there's some hope for RE7 and it will actually be a good game.

Sounds like most of the game takes place in one location (a derelict southern plantation). It also sounds like it's much survival horror than action.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Sounds like most of the game takes place in one location (a derelict southern plantation). It also sounds like it's much survival horror than action.

Its very much a 1st person survival horror with classic RE elements. The horror elements is what sold it for me, being such a big horror fan and not an overall RE fan. It has some action in it but not to the extent of RE5 and 6.

Looks interesting, but am I the only one who doesn't find The Baker Family all that scary?

idk they have their creepy moments, jumpscares help. Creepy, possibly virus infected hillbilly family that wants to hunt you down.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
When you think about it, Resident Evil is a pretty lame name. :laugh:

It was a pretty lame name when the game was set in a mansion...now it's just stupid :laugh:

RE has the brand recognition that you wouldn't really consider changing it at this point, though, unless this somehow bombs critically even worse than 6 did.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I dunno, I always liked the Resident Evil name if only because you couldn't associate it with anything other than the game.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For some reason, I feel so unsure about this. I'm glad it's back to horror, like more like the original games, but I'm unsure about how to feel about the game and if it'll be good or not. I want it to be good, I really do.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If you played the demo and enjoyed it thats the basic overall tone of the game. It picks up like most games do but it shows off the gameplay and mechanics. From the videos i've seen and gameplay I've seen it looks promising. Looks like a good survival horror.

Story-wise is still unknown. Comes down to personal preference in the end tho. I too am hoping its good but will most likely be getting it day 1. I'm in desperate need of a new horror game and the demo was pretty scary (to me anyways)

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
6 was such a bad game. I cannot believe 6 lives on as a successor of RE:4. What the **** happened

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Tbh I'm surprised so many people **** all over 6 but have nothing to say about 5. I wasn't a big fan of either but I actually felt 5 was even worse.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
7 will be my first RE game. Its survival horror elements is what really grabbed me. Its somewhat of a stand alone in the series so I won't be lost playing it (i've watched and read what happens in all the other games so I know the backstory)

4 was decent 5 and 6 became full action games and strayed away from horror which is what annoyed people I believe. 7 is back to full on horror which is fantastic since i'm in desperate need of a new horror game

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
7 will be my first RE game. Its survival horror elements is what really grabbed me. Its somewhat of a stand alone in the series so I won't be lost playing it (i've watched and read what happens in all the other games so I know the backstory)

4 was decent 5 and 6 became full action games and strayed away from horror which is what annoyed people I believe. 7 is back to full on horror which is fantastic since i'm in desperate need of a new horror game

4 being decent is an understatement. :p

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
RE3 gets so unmentioned whenever RE is ever talked about. I enjoyed RE3 more than RE2. I also think Code Veronica is really underrated. It's a long ass RE game, but I find it to be good. The best knife out of any RE game ever.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is the best.

I'd say RE3 is the best out of the first-gen console RE games, but that voice acting has not aged well--at all. Played it again last year, its absolutely horrendous and it takes away from the overall feeling of fear and impending doom--especially listening to Carlos talk, ugh. RE 4 was personally my favorite. The setting, environment, music, voice acting was excellent. Ganados can be just as scary as zombies-- if they are used in the proper scenario like above. Did not care for RE 5, but loved Executioner Majini--he was the only scary enemy imo. RE 6 was very forgettable. Tempering my expectations for this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad