Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The game looks good but to me it doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game. Code Veronica was the last true RE game, not counting the remake.

From what I've seen it looks like it's basically early Resident Evil in first person. Striking resemblance outside of being in a different perspective. RE1's setting with RE2's Nemesis chasing you around.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I was going to get it but read that it only lasts 10-12 hours which concerns me slightly.

Thats like average game length these days. Only games your gonna get that will be longer are RPG's. Your basic AAA title will be 8-12 hours.

It also depends on the player. I take in atmosphere and look around a lot so that adds time as well.

If I ever played this in VR, I'll probably get a heart attack.
Geeeez Mia.

Theres a lot of s*** where Im like this in VR would make me poop my pants. Terrifying. I'm playing in the dark with headphones and I'm scared, I couldn't imagine this in VR

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
So this game is a first person game.

I might give it a try. Resident Evil controls are what has kept me away permanently. Whether its the old school resident evil or RE4 and on they were just unappealing to me.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
[spoil]I am definitly divorcing Mia when this ordeal is over. I can deal with all the machete murder fetish, but I draw the line when it comes to chainsaws and my left hand (or lack thereof). That strange ain't worth it.[/spoil]

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I really enjoyed this game. It had a nice blend of action and horror. Had some difficulty to it at times, some fun puzzles and bad ass enemies. This will most likely be my game of the year.

Ending spoiler discussion..
[spoil]I didn't expect there to be some big boss fights like there was. It was cool leaving the Baker land and going onto the big tanker boat which then led to the swamps/mines which then led back to the old house from the demo/beginning of the game! Love that it all came full circles. When you find out in the emails that Granny is Eveline my jaw dropped. The fact that she watched and followed you through chunks of the game gave me shivers. [/spoil]

Hoping the DLC is good. A couple of story missions are going to be added to flesh out the story or answer some questions

Hoping RE8 follows in RE7's footsteps.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I caved and bought it because my Berseria order got ****ed up.

This game got decidedly less scary as soon as I got a shotgun. Since then I've basically been swimming in ammo and medicine.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm shocked there aren't more people in this thread talking about the VR experience in this game.

It's not just one of the best video game experiences of my life.

It's one of the best experiences of my life.

You are in that mansion.

I know I'll be accused of hyperbole, but I consider it one of the pinnacles of humanity.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If I were up for blowing $500+ dollars just to play the superior version of a single game, I'd pre-order a Switch and Zelda.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Feel for developers. You make a great product and so much of sales rely on how quickly the copy protection gets broken.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm shocked there aren't more people in this thread talking about the VR experience in this game.

It's not just one of the best video game experiences of my life.

It's one of the best experiences of my life.

You are in that mansion.

I know I'll be accused of hyperbole, but I consider it one of the pinnacles of humanity.

When that pinnacle becomes more affordable, I may be more interested. :laugh:

Unfortunately, 95% of what's available for VR essentially amounts to glorified tech demos. :(

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
My buddy has it with the PS VR and he says it's absolutely incredible in VR. I'm going over to play it Thursday most likely. Also apparently PlayStation VR is amazing for the price. It isn't the HTC Vive, but for the price it's the best value out there for VR apparently.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Haven't had a chance to play the game, but I can definitely see the amazing VR experience given the amazing first person perspective and mechanics in the game. Atmosphere would make it awesome.

Plus the fact that they seem to love to get in your face a lot in the game.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
The circular saw is crazy good. Hold down left trigger and attack with it. It allows you to walk around with a spinning saw blade.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
This game is hands down the scariest game I've ever played.
Got to the point where I had to turn up the brightness so I could see the entire room

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This game is hands down the scariest game I've ever played.
Got to the point where I had to turn up the brightness so I could see the entire room

The game started off scary but as you got a few more weapons it became a lot less scary since I was basically indestructible (due to the weapons) Although there was a few times it get super freaky and uneasy tho. A few rooms that had me worried. It was scarier when you were defenceless/weaponless and death was around every corner.

Outlast was probably the scariest game I've ever played.

Recent horror games I've played over the past couple of years
Outlast (the DLC was actually scarier than the game)
RE7
Alien Isolation
Until Dawn (only like 2 chapters)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad