Confirmed with Link: Report: Ottawa Senators to Bring Back Old Logo in 2021

Oct 10, 2010
From the link:

ottawa-senators-new-logo-compare-old-2020-2021-sportslogosnet.png
Would have never known the difference without being told.

I'm happy we are going back to this old school logo.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Yuck.

If they have to simplify for whatever reason, just go with the heritage O. Don't take a detailed design and whitewash it.

It is probably objectively better from a design theory standpoint, but it looks too strange after seeing it a certain way for decades.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They’re definitely using a different shade of gold judging by the leaked Merch and the twitter profile pic. Curious to how it’ll look on the jersey.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
The new jerseys won't be complete until the accompanying scoreboard reads Sens 7 Leafs 0.

In seriousness, I like the gold trim over the wings. I still think they should go for a solid red arm bar as opposed to two red stripes on the sleeves.

THis but in Sens colours.

FGL_332707800_99_a-Philadelphia-Flyers-adidas-Mens-Authentic-3rd-Jersey-DN0581
This is buttf***ing hideous. Agree to disagree...

Reactions: SABUMANIA

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
They are exactly the same jerseys. The Flyers jersey is orange and black and the Sens is red and black. What are you guys looking at?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
They are exactly the same jerseys. The Flyers jersey is orange and black and the Sens is red and black. What are you guys looking at?
They aren’t the same. One is Reebok one is adidas. The Sens ones have laces, and the bottom striping is not the same. They look a lot classier. The flyers looks like a third jersey.

look at the black Sens jersey. To match the flyers jersey you would have to take away the bottom black stripe.

Reactions: SABUMANIA

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Okay fair enough. My original point was that I liked the solid red arm bar better than two thinner red stripes on the sleeves. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Reactions: Icelevel

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
They aren’t the same. One is Reebok one is adidas. The Sens ones have laces, and the bottom striping is not the same. They look a lot classier. The flyers looks like a third jersey.

look at the black Sens jersey. To match the flyers jersey you would have to take away the bottom black stripe.

That and the fact the Senators logo adds colour and style compared to that boring and unattractive Flyers logo.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I am so pumped for these New Jerseys. This logo bring me back a lot of painful memories (powerhouse with 1st round exit) but also bring a lot of GOOD memories( Stanley cup run + powerhouse years) can’t wait for them to be out!!!!!!!!! Oh and that jersey remind me of the good old days with the PIZZA line!!!!

#50in06
#50in07

Reactions: NB613

extra skater

Hockey Webcomics
May 9, 2015
I prefer the red outline over the gold but I'll take it any day if the week over the awful cartoon version, the 3D version or the O.
I like the O.
But the 3D version, to me, was even worse than that of the Binghamton.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If it wasn't for Covid we would have them. They were planning on unveiling them at the draft.

Which would mean they likely have some produced or would have without covid, if so I was hoping we would have seen a true leak instead of a description from an artists rendition....I believe that's what the athletic references right? A design and not an actual physical Jersey right?

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad