Confirmed with Link: Report: Ottawa Senators to Bring Back Old Logo in 2021

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
Spoke with the Clubhouse (or whatever it's called) today. Some intriguing news:
- New jerseys will be in on Sept. 1
- There is another new jersey called the "power of 31" (possibly league-wide thing?) Arriving on October 1st. All he could say is there is new color scheme including grey and maple leafs (yes) involved somehow

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
- There is another new jersey called the "power of 31" (possibly league-wide thing?) Arriving on October 1st. All he could say is there is new color scheme including grey and maple leafs (yes) involved somehow

Sounds to me like the latter could be a fashion jersey rather than an actual on ice jersey. They tend to have lame names like that and all follow the same theme and have often been black or grey or something like that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Like new sets of NHL jerseys in general or Sens jerseys?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ehhhh not a big fan of new one. But hey if the slightly modified logo going to be the biggest letdown of the jersey then I’m happy enough

Don’t like thicker black border, border won’t show up on black jersey, stick with gold.
Leave the red trim all around on the 3 wings
Laurels like before .

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

From the link:

ottawa-senators-new-logo-compare-old-2020-2021-sportslogosnet.png

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I prefer the red outline over the gold but I'll take it any day if the week over the awful cartoon version, the 3D version or the O.

I basically agree, but we dodged a magnum calibre bullet if this is the final version.

They may have gone with more gold to offset the red they're going to use for the name in advertisements? It makes sense since the leaked hoodie sweater had this logo with a big "SENATORS" in red underneath and it looked really really nice.

Reactions: DJB

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
I prefer the red outline over the gold but I'll take it any day if the week over the awful cartoon version, the 3D version or the O.
Also dont get why there is gold trim around the red “helmet-thing”. Makes it too complex and more difficult to reproduce in smaller sizes for merchandising etc

other nit picky design thing - always has bothered me how the red “helmet thing”, that it doesn't line up with the gold semi-circle in the top. Its always been just barely off.

Wish they wouldve clean up the design more to make more simple, but 1000x prefer this logo iver the current one.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
The logo was supposed to be released at the draft in late June so it’d be out already if not for the pandemic and these products were probably all already scheduled to roll out at this time.

Reactions: variable26

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Maybe it's just me but as small as the gold trim change is I'd rather we go for more red or black than the gold colour.

Maybe the gold colouring should have been tweaked a bit.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The new jerseys won't be complete until the accompanying scoreboard reads Sens 7 Leafs 0.

In seriousness, I like the gold trim over the wings. I still think they should go for a solid red arm bar as opposed to two red stripes on the sleeves.

THis but in Sens colours.

FGL_332707800_99_a-Philadelphia-Flyers-adidas-Mens-Authentic-3rd-Jersey-DN0581

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad