Confirmed with Link: Report: Ottawa Senators to Bring Back Old Logo in 2021

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
A change I wouldn't mind would be the sleeve numbers above the stripes like in this mock-up. Looks perfect.

bzkvn2u4rua51.jpg

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The thing about the =O= to me is that it’s just so generic and uninspired. I know it’s the original but it looks so blasé I just find it hard for the fanaticism to come out.

If that had been our logo as a franchise in the 90’s when I was a kid, and the early 00’s when I started caring - we’ll I don’t think I’d be a fan of the Senators.

And that makes me very sad.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
^^ I like that jersey too. It wasn't the zero aspect specifically that I didn't like but the logo as a whole was boring. A bit of work to the O and that could have made an amazing jersey even better (imo). We have a weird history with jerseys - a few amazing ones and a few terrible ones.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That will always be my favorite version of the Sens jersey....with the inaugural season all blacks in second place.

I know some folks talk about the O turning into zero, but really, that's like talking about the habs logo being a toilet seat...it's nothing. Everyone knows the O is for Ottawa.

The Habs logo being called a toilet seat is just rival fans finding a clever way to mock it. The average or casual or even a random sports fan will never look at the CH and see a toilet seat, let us be honest now.

Even then it is not merely the letters C and H side by side with no colour, the Habs logo actually had an attempt at using the letters in a, albeit low standard, creative way of embedding the H into the C, and even the C has a unique font.

The "O", is just an O and even the colour is inconsistent from jersey to jersey. One letter on it's own cannot make a logo creative, and as I posted above even the Bruins "B" appears to be sitting in some unique tire spoke type design.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The Habs logo being called a toilet seat is just rival fans finding a clever way to mock it. The average or casual or even a random sports fan will never look at the CH and see a toilet seat, let us be honest now.

Even then it is not merely the letters C and H side by side with no colour, the Habs logo actually had an attempt at using the letters in a, albeit low standard, creative way of embedding the H into the C, and even the C has a unique font.

The "O", is just an O and even the colour is inconsistent from jersey to jersey. One letter on it's own cannot make a logo creative, and as I posted above even the Bruins "B" appears to be sitting in some unique tire spoke type design.
Are you saying it is a letter on it's own?

Reactions: montysens and NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lol wut?

This is the designer's nightmare version of the original logo.

The original designer apparently doesn't know how capes work, and nothing appears to be attaching the top part of the helmet to the rest of it, so I have to question the competency of the original designer.

While aesthetic appeal is largely subjective, I think the love for the original logo has a lot to do with sentimentality and nostalgia.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
The original designer apparently doesn't know how capes work, and nothing appears to be attaching the top part of the helmet to the rest of it, so I have to question the competency of the original designer.

While aesthetic appeal is largely subjective, I think the love for the original logo has a lot to do with sentimentality and nostalgia.
It's a sports logo. Not an engineering plan.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

8WsTL2tg.jpg

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Excellent, my late 90s CCM pro version will look new again. Mine even has the fight strap. Maybe I’ll finally put name/number on it.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I actually prefer the "before", the black outlines on the "after" version ruin it for me. I am sure this is just one artists rendition though and not the official release.

Yeah I think the original story said it was gonna be the original logo but less ornate, this guy just posted his thoughts.

Minor tweaks can make a big difference, I like both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad