Redraft 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kind of nice to see so many votes for MAF as the number one prospect out of that draft year. In a counter to the 'who the hell would pick a goaltender with a first round draft pick let alone the number one pick overall' threads that I have seen. I am convinced that when you have a chance at a franchise goaltender you jump on it. Not saying that MAF is guarenteed that success, but remain happy about the pick for the Pens and would not change it if given the chance. As a ps, they were not really in the opportunity to choose otherwise, I am sure that the agreement that moved them to the first position had them guarentee that the pick would be MAF. So was more like a number 3 pick plus, but as I said, even with that I would still have taken him number one even in hindsight.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
surixon said:
Agreed, im also shocked at the number of people who have Tambellini ranked so high, he had an absolutly horrendous season.

Agreed, but that hasn't stopped Andrei Kastitsyn from rising on many peoples lists.

I didn't have him on my list, he'd probably fall in the 35-40 range right now.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
QUestion like that.... how can you be proud and republican at the same time? It doesn't make sense for me and for billions of people around the world...

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
What has Horton done to drop? Before his freak injury, he came on strong and was making a sudden case for the Calder. HE was on a rampage and was carrying the team on his back for a month. Also, Vanek has definately risen. He was great at the WC for Austria. Parise is good but no way top 5.

The top 5 not in order should be

Staal, Fleury, Horton, Zherdev, Vanek.

Zherdev
Staal
Horton
Fleury/Vanek

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
My rankings

1 Staal
2 Zherdev
3 Fleury
4 Horton
5 Phaneuf
6 Suter
7 Vanek
8 Katstitsyn
9 Parise
10 Carter
11 Bergeron
12 Getzlaf
13 Michalek
14 Coburn
15 O'Sullivan
16 Brown
17 Fehr
18 Stuart
19 Stewart
20 Seabrooke
21 Jessiman
22 Erikkson
23 Richards
24 Bernier
25 Burns
26 Eaves
27 Pouliot
28 Nilsson
29 Perry
30 Egener

Thats my 1st round of the 2003 Entry Draft.

What do you think?

One guy I feel thats really under-rated is Erikkson. I think to have him out of the top 30 to have not been following him. He and Fehr I think will both be great players in the NHL.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Kafka said:
QUestion like that.... how can you be proud and republican at the same time? It doesn't make sense for me and for billions of people around the world...

Might make sense to the millions of Republicans in the country. It should make sense to the millions of Democrats, too, since the two parties have more in common than contrast.

Vote Libertarian. :D

Beakermania*

Herby said:
Agreed, but that hasn't stopped Andrei Kastitsyn from rising on many peoples lists.

I didn't have him on my list, he'd probably fall in the 35-40 range right now.

What was Horrendous about his season?? have you read the whole thread, especially MTL's posts?? Not every 18 year old makes the jump right away, but he definetely did not regress this season, he progressed and thats all you can ask of a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad