Redraft 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prucha73

montreal said:
He had 38 points in 27 games for CSKA-2.

Can you read Russian, you don't need it but it helps. Goto cska.ru and look under cska-2, it has a box score for every game.

I wrote this article, which has all of his stats,

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=369

hey I went to the russian site and this is what I found http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?hc-pic/kosticyn

no mention of any 25 goals in 27 games, so could you please find another site that has those stats, it is very strange that his organisation's website doesn't have the right stats.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Prucha73 said:
hey I went to the russian site and this is what I found http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?hc-pic/kosticyn

no mention of any 25 goals in 27 games, so could you please find another site that has those stats, it is very strange that his organisation's website doesn't have the right stats.

Your at the right site. Go where it says LCKA-2, then click on the middle botton, КАЛЕНДАРЬ ИГР ЦСКА, it lists every games box score. I don't know why they don't have any games listed in his profile, but you can check each game yourself. They had his RSL games in the profile but not his 1st league games.

Here's some examples,

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_25-09-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_04-10-03 (hattrick)

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_05-10-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_09-10-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_18-10-03 (4 pts)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
i said it before and ill say it again, i dont get exactly why parise shoots up to a top 10 pick after having a year that was worse then the previous. yes, i agree, he was picked late and deserved to go earlier, but he has done NOTHING to prove that he should be more highly touted then the year before, when he was drafted.

If anything, the place he was picked in 2003 was when his stock was highest. he didn't exactly make himself any better this year.

How did he have a worse year this year than last year? His PPG was second in the nation, he was a Hobey Baker finalist, and he was the MVP of the WJCs helping lead the U.S. the gold. He WAS better this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rabid Ranger said:
How did he have a worse year this year than last year? His PPG was second in the nation, he was a Hobey Baker finalist, and he was the MVP of the WJCs helping lead the U.S. the gold. He WAS better this year.

6 less points in less 2 games is worse not better, no? I assume that's what the poster was talking about.

Prucha73

montreal said:
Your at the right site. Go where it says LCKA-2, then click on the middle botton, КАЛЕНДАРЬ ИГР ЦСКА, it lists every games box score. I don't know why they don't have any games listed in his profile, but you can check each game yourself. They had his RSL games in the profile but not his 1st league games.

Here's some examples,

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_25-09-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_04-10-03 (hattrick)

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_05-10-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_09-10-03

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/?games-2/game-2_18-10-03 (4 pts)

Nice, I would have put him in top 15 if I saw the complete stats.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Prucha73 said:
Nice, I would have put him in top 15 if I saw the complete stats.

It's hard to get stuff out of Russia, and took some time to go through every game but in the last year or so, I've picked up a few words in Russian, and a very nice person in Moscow made some tapes of Kastsitsyn for me, which helps. If you've seen Alex Perezhogin (the stick swinger) think along those lines but bigger and more offensively gifted although much worse defensively.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
1.Fleury
2.Zherdev
3.Staal
4.Phaneuf
5.Horton
6.Michalek
7.Suter
8.Getzlaf
9.Parise
10.Vanek
11.Kastitsyn
12.Coburn
13.Carter
14.Brown
15.Bergeron
16.Stewart
17.O'Sullivan
18.Richards
19.Burns
20.Fehr
21.Jessiman
22.Seabrook
23.Stuart
24.Bernier
25.Kesler
26.Fritsche
27.Perry
28.Nilsson
29.Tambellini
30.Eaves

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
montreal said:
6 less points in less 2 games is worse not better, no? I assume that's what the poster was talking about.

Is it REALLY that big of a difference though? We're talking probably 4 points less had he played in those two games. Regardless, 6 points less in 2 less games is a meaningless detail. The only people who would pay any attention to that are those on the internet arguing over whose team has better prospects.

The goal for prospects is not JUST to put up a bunch of points, but to grow as a player and round out your game. As Rabid Ranger pointed out, Zach has accomplished a lot more this year overall as a player, which is much more important than 6 points (either way), IMO.

I know you are not the one who is arguing that point, so this is not necessarily directed at you.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
1. Zherdev
2. Staal
3. Fleury
4. Horton
5. Phaneuf
6. Michalek
7. Suter
8. Carter
9. Vanek
10. Parise
11. Kastitstyn
12. Richards
13. Kesler
14. Stuart
15. Coburn
16. Fehr
17. Getzlaf
18. Bergeron
19. Seabrook
20. Bernier
21. Fritsche
22. Stewart
23. Tambellini
24. Nilsson
25. Eaves
26. Hennessey
27. Brown
28. Burns
29. Jessiman
30. O'Sullivan

Guys who could have slid in, but are more likly second rounders:
Pouliot
Belle
Klein
Fritsche
Carle
Ehelechner

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
While I respect everyone's opinion, Bernier being in any top 30 in such a deep draft is ludicrous. I don't see anything in his game that could make him worth such praise.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm surprised how many people are leaving Pouliot off their lists, especially since he's better than a good number of the players on some of them.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Kostsitsyn was considered a top 5 talent in 2003 and top 3-5 in Potentiel. He was also considered the "most nhl ready prospect" in the entire draft but the only reason he feel is because of health reasons.

KOSTSITSYN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Parise,Carter,Seabrook,O'Sullivan,

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
O sulivan is so overrated in this board. Aside from his goal against Canada this guy didnt do much during the WJC. He's not a character guy and is nothing special offensivly but has solid skills and great instincts.

As for Kastitsyn its hard to rank a guy that youve never seen play.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Komisarek8 said:
Kostsitsyn was considered a top 5 talent in 2003 and top 3-5 in Potentiel. He was also considered the "most nhl ready prospect" in the entire draft but the only reason he feel is because of health reasons.

BLA BLA BLA....You are smarter then the 29 other scouts in the NHL then and you only post on HF. Quick, run to Montreal and ask for a head office job, they may actually hire you. I would really like to know how in the world Kastitsyn is better then Parise and Carter.

Parise's point totals went down a bit but his +- went up alot of this years team, he played much more on the PK also. He went from being a complete player to a two way force in college.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Komisarek8 said:

Have you got that dribble permanently on copy and paste?

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Komisarek8 said:

Dude we get your point that you feel he is a better prospect than these guys. Not everyone shares your opinion. It doesnt make you right and them wrong however. Most are being objective when they are posting thier opinions here.
Kostsitsyn has sparked plenty of debate and not everyone thinks he is going to be the player that some Hab fans and the Red Line Report make him out to be.
He has glaring weaknesses in his game and only time will tell if he will be a better player than the others.

But as of right now, it is foolish to suggest that he is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THAT much better than the players you listed because if that were the case he would have been drafted #1 overall without a doubt.

As it stands, Maffy (who seems to be the concensus choice for #1 in most of these lists) isn't even THAT much better than the players you listed.
If he IS indeed better (which is debateable) then it is marginal and not by such a huge margin as you seem to want it to be IMO.

And he was the "most NHL ready talent" according to whom? Kyle Woodlief?
Does that make it gospel? That is one man's opinion. I happen to disagree with that opinion (as I am certain, do a vast amount of people). If he was the most ready then he would have played in the RSL, or the NHL.
You are using one man's opinion (or an uninformed opinion) and stating it as a fact, which it is not.

You can think he is a great prospect and deserving of a higher draft ranking in this thread which is fine. But in doing so, at least try to be objective and not show such blatant bias.

The same reasons used to bolster and support your argument for Kos can be used by any number of players whom you claim Kos to be better than. His talents and abilities aren't unique to him alone, yet you use them as a barometer to strengthen an argument as if the same couldn't be said of the others.

Even the "NHL ready" line has been said about any number of guys in this draft.
Does that mean that each one of them was the MOST NHL ready as well (which would be impossible since the term "most" defines only a single entity)?

He is a unique and solid talent for certain. Yet he isnt so unique that the strengths he posseses cant be said about any number of quality players in this draft.

Try to be more objective in your analysis. There are others whom you have slighted which can have an equally empaling argument as to why they should have been selected higher in the draft. As of right now, all that has been proven is that Kos is easily a first round talent and that your analysis is quite biased.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jcpenny said:
O sulivan is so overrated in this board. Aside from his goal against Canada this guy didnt do much during the WJC. He's not a character guy and is nothing special offensivly but has solid skills and great instincts.

As for Kastitsyn its hard to rank a guy that youve never seen play.

Yeah, aside from the game winning goal in the gold medal game, scoring at will in the OHL, and playing great in the playoffs O'Sullivan did squat. Nothing special offensively? Are you sure you weren't watching Gilbert O'Sullivan?

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Why is Jessiman dropping into the late 20's and out of the first round?

The kid's 6'5 with soft hands and excellent speed. Gimme a break if you think if the draft was done again he wouldn't go first round or around the same spot he did.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
my 03 draft

1 Fleury
2 Zherdev
3 Phaneuf
4 Stall
5 Coburn
6 Vanek
7 Horton
8 Fehr
9 Suter
10 Stewart
11 Carter
12 Richards
13 Michalek
14 Kastitsyn
15 Stuart

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Some of these redrafts are ridiculous, putting absolutely no stock into potential and scouting reports and replacing it with "he was good at the WJCs" and other reasoning.

And while I agree with everyone else that Komisarek8's hype of Kastitsyn is a bit overboard, far too many people are going overboard in the opposite direction. I mean, bums like Corey Locke in the first round and Kastitsyn out of it? Come on, I know some people have a hard on for the prospects with flashy numbers that they see regularly on TV, but some of these lists are nonsense.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Hossa said:
Lets see how this goes. I'm sure I missed somebody, but that's the beauty of the edit button.

1) Marc-Andre Fleury
2) Eric Staal
3) Nik Zherdev
4) Nathan Horton
5) Ryan Suter
6) Dion Phaneuf
7) Thomas Vanek
8) Braydon Coburn
9) Patrice Bergeron
10) Jeff Carter
11) Milan Michalek
12) Zach Parise
13) Anthony Stewart
14) Andrei Kastsitsyn
15) Dustin Brown
16) Mark Stuart
17) Ryan Getzlaf
18) Eric Fehr
19) Patrick O'Sullivan
20) Mike Richards
21) Brent Seabrook
22) Patrick Eaves
23) Steve Bernier
24) Brent Burns
25) Danny Fritsche
26) Ryan Kesler
27) Corey Perry
28) Corey Crawford
29) Robert Nilsson
30) Igor Mirnov

I like this list, except I would place Michalek in front of Coburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->