Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings vs Jets - Fri Mar 2 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Should be a easy win ... I just hope PoMo does not play Wheeler and Scheifele 20+ minutes seriously best top 9 in the league there is no need to play them that much. The playoffs are coming no need to have a gassed #1 line.

Reactions: Kgame

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Would love to see a full Finnish forward line and defensive pairing playing at once one day, A la Detroit’s Russian connection during their glory days.

Last edited by a moderator:

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
The Jets have a 3rd line that is a 1st line on a lot of teams!

ESL = 69 goals, 143 points
PLR = 32 goals, 82 points

Which one is the 3rd line again? Even if Roslovic plays 60 it's not close. Laine & Ehlers likely have better numbers had they played with Stastny all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scheifelaine

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Looks like Copp with Tanev and Hendricks in today's practice.

It's very important the Jet's start to use Tanvev - "a lot" . The guy has wheels, he's blazing fast, and hits people, and is an agitator, and get's them off their game. He's also great on the penalty kill.

He's an ideal guy to use against rough teams like the Preds, but is good against anyone. Opposition doesn't like guys like Tanev, and he keeps them looking over their shoulders.

Tanev is a "very underrated" guy -- I know he doesn't have the greatest of scoring hands, but when he's in the lineup--we seldom lose. I hope he plays. The other thing is he plays with a 100% effort, and this inspires the team to give all they have.

I hope he's in the lineup--you need a lot of different type role players to win--and we have plenty of other scorers-"snipers" to put the puck in the net.

My preference would be to see Tanev, Copp --and Armia--and sit out Hendricks, but I think Maurice wants to sit our Armia ???- doesn't make sense-- Armia is younger and faster and great on the PK.--like he has glue on his stick.

Play Tanvev-- the guy is a hustler !!! :)

Also - I wouldn't mind at all to see Hutch in net--Helle has been slipping a bit lately, and could use a break--so Hutch has been hot this year--let's see what he can do. Either is OK though :thumbu:

Last edited:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
ESL = 69 goals, 143 points
PLR = 32 goals, 82 points

Which one is the 3rd line again? Even if Roslovic plays 60 it's not close. Laine & Ehlers likely have better numbers had they played with Stastny all year.

No doubt ESL is 2 and PLR is 3. But 2/3 is not a big deal anyways they both will always be around the same 13-17 mins, all of them
Play special teams. A few of them play both PP and PK which ups minutes. People read way too much into it. Don't see Pens fans crying when Malkin is on the 2nd and Kessel the 3rd line when they would be 1st on any other team. It is called three good scoring lines and depth, with all the complaining on here you would think people would be happy. These lines will likely change again at some point. We have a few forwards who I can guarantee will struggle in a playoff series, with a big wake up call..... things will change.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

It's very important the Jet's start to use Tanvev - "a lot" . The guy has wheels, he's blazing fast, and hits people, and is an agitator, and get's them off their game. He's also great on the penalty kill.

He's an ideal guy to use against rough teams like the Preds, but is good against anyone. Opposition doesn't like guys like Tanev, and he keeps them looking over their shoulders.

Tanev is a "very underrated" guy -- I know he doesn't have the greatest of scoring hands, but when he's in the lineup--we seldom lose. I hope he plays. The other thing is he plays with a 100% effort, and this inspires the team to give all they have.

I hope he's in the lineup--you need a lot of different type role players to win--and we have plenty of other scorers-"snipers" to put the puck in the net.

Play Tanvev-- the guy is a hustler !!!
Ya i like Tanev for the same reasons but it sucks that Armia would be scratched for Tanev . I guess that's what will happen though when all of our forwards are this good , someone good is going to be in the press box .:nod:

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ya i like Tanev for the same reasons but it sucks that Armia would be scratched for Tanev . I guess that's what will happen though when all of our forwards are this good , someone good is going to be in the press box .:nod:
I don't mind Tanev coming back in but I think Hendricks should be sitting.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Habs beat Isles in an uneventful game. Ladd without a goal the entire month of February. Ladd has not scored now since sometime around mid January. That contract is looking worse and worse to me.

As I said when Ladd left--"the best thing Chevy did"--was to let Ladd walk--he's finished, and Chevy saved us about $ 6 mil per year over the next 4 years or so.($24mil) That's huge, and you have to know when to say Good Bye.:razz:

Note--I'll bet Ladd get's around 30 points next year-"tops" and Ehlers, Laine, and Connor will double his production or even more. What a bad contract the Isles are stuck with !!!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
As I said when Ladd left--"the best thing Chevy did"--was to let Ladd walk--he's finished, and Chevy saved us about $ 6 mil per year over the next 4 years or so.($24mil) That's huge, and you have to know when to say Good Bye.:razz:
Note--I'll bet Ladd get's around 30 points next year-"tops" and Ehlers, Laine, and Connor will double his production or even more. What a bad contract the Isles are stuck with !!!
Ladd signed a 7 x 5.5m deal and I think most of it is signing bonuses.

If Crawford doesn't steal a win the Jets win 4-1.

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
So, little is apparently under the weather.
Strange, last PGT had me convinced he had suddenly turned into an awful player that we should ditch at any cost. :P
That makes the in-game line management even worse. Little is under the weather, performing badly and still plays more than 3rd line which was on fire. My personal opinion is that Little contract will be a burden, too long and quite expensive.

Reactions: SoChill

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Why would they scratch Armia --he's great on the penalty kill, and can steal pucks. Why not play Armia or Copp at center on that line, instead of Hendricks ?? I'd prefer that !!

Reactions: ImGoingNucks

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Why would they scratch Armia --he's great on the penalty kill, and can steal pucks. Why not play Armia or Copp at center on that line, instead of Hendricks ?? I'd prefer that !!
I agree but i think Maurice wants Hendricks in the lineup for the PK .

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't mind Tanev coming back in but I think Hendricks should be sitting.

I totally agree with Ducky here--why don't they sit Hendricks ? and have Copp center Armia, and Tanev--that's what I'd like to see. I guess Maurice is really hung up on old veterans. To bad for us-- but lucky we don't have many for Maurice to play.

Reactions: 204hockey

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Enstrom is still out Friday , Maurice has to change the D pairings . Myers has to be with Morrissey otherwise we may see another awful game from Myers . It is amazing how good Morrissey is , talk about underrated . Not to us Jets fans but around the league .

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ladd signed a 7 x 5.5m deal and I think most of it is signing bonuses.

If Crawford doesn't steal a win the Jets win 4-1.

Ladd got away with one of the biggest white collar crimes in the history of Hockey. What an outrageous "overbucked" contract. He just stole around $ 35 mil from the Isles--yikes !! I'm glad it's not coming out of the Jet's bank account, or we'd suffer the consequences. Lucky we have Chevy here. Little's contract may be a problem 2-3 years down the road, as he's already showing wear. Same for Wheeler, when he's up--you have to be very careful to not get in to deep with these 32 yr old ( plus) guys.

When Wheeler's contract is up, may be a good idea to trade him, while his value is still high ??--although he still looks pretty good right now. I'd give this some thought if I were Chevy, and I'm sure he will.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Enstrom is still out Friday , Maurice has to change the D pairings . Myers has to be with Morrissey otherwise we may see another awful game from Myers . It is amazing how good Morrissey is , talk about underrated . Not to us Jets fans but around the league .

Man--what is up with that Enstrom--he blocks a shot and he's out of the lineup ? You'd think his $ 5.5 million dollar contract would ease the pain a bit ??

Enstrom is not very durable or tough, and if you hit him with a snowball in the parking lot--he'd be out for 3 weeks.

If I resigned Enstrom--it would not be for a penny more than--$ 1.5 mil per year.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Enstrom plays next year for anyone , it's not going to be for 5.5 million a season that's forsure . I like the way Enstrom moves the puck in our zone and he has a good hockey IQ but he is brittle and that's not going to get better as he ages and slows down .

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Enstrom plays next year for anyone , it's not going to be for 5.5 million a season that's forsure . I like the way Enstrom moves the puck in our zone and he has a good hockey IQ but he is brittle and that's not going to get better as he ages and slows down .

Totally agree with you Jet's 31 --when Toby is healthy and feeling good--he's very competent and efficient defenseman. Just that it seems his smaller size body is starting to break down-- Jet's have to be careful on what they do with him?? ( 1 year tops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad