Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Of all the Russians I feel Mantha will be most similar to a Malkin than OV. But I'm just basing this off YouTube videos.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
CHL award nominees are out

http://www.chl.ca/article/chl-announces-2013-14-award-nominees

Mantha nominated for top scorer along with Brown and Holmberg

Notable winners: Brendan Leipsic and Nicolas Petan (Portland Winterhawks 2013), Patrick Kane (London Knights 2007), Sidney Crosby (Rimouski Oceanic 2004 and 2005)

and player of the year along with Connor Brown and Sam Reinhart

Notable winners: John Tavares (Oshawa Generals 2007), Sidney Crosby (Rimouski Oceanic 2004 and 2005), Joe Sakic (Swift Current Broncos 1988)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Game 5 beginning in less than an hour. I'll edit this post later on to keep you guys updated.

Val d'Or's coach, Mario Durocher, fined for criticizing officials' work. Especially for the games in Val d'Or, it was terrible. Some of the worst I've seen all season. Durocher said, among other things, that the refs have to cut down on all the hooking and interference BC is doing in their zone.

intense start in Baie-Comeau. Game is already 2-2, Mantha just had a great rush to the net coming off the wing and over-powering the D. Henley couldn't convert on the rebound. Ranger jumped on the loose puck and went on a breakaway (was awarded a penalty shot but couldn't score). Lots of chances already on both sides.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
as far as people saying Mantha plays the pk don't all junior superstars do that?

Well, if you're a superstar you probably have decent hockey sense and stick skills. That would come in handy when on the PK.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
reviewing the goal Mantha cleaning up after his teammates ... goal is allowed, not sure what they were looking at, maybe some interference on the goalie but nothing blatant, so another goal for Mantha and it's now 3-3

... on a side note, loving the Bills draft with Watkins (paid the price though) and Kouandjio. Lions not too bad either, really like that Ebron kid.

game is over, Drakkar win it and take the 3-2 lead in the series. Mantha had his chances, puck couldn't cross the red line. Great game for Zykov, 2G and 3A did some great work in corners.

Last edited:

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Guelph (Bertuzzi) wins the OHL championship!!!!!!! Got a pic with him after the game too!

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
CHL award nominees are out

http://www.chl.ca/article/chl-announces-2013-14-award-nominees

Mantha nominated for top scorer along with Brown and Holmberg

Notable winners: Brendan Leipsic and Nicolas Petan (Portland Winterhawks 2013), Patrick Kane (London Knights 2007), Sidney Crosby (Rimouski Oceanic 2004 and 2005)

and player of the year along with Connor Brown and Sam Reinhart

Notable winners: John Tavares (Oshawa Generals 2007), Sidney Crosby (Rimouski Oceanic 2004 and 2005), Joe Sakic (Swift Current Broncos 1988)

Isn't the "top scorer" award handed out the the player with most points, like the Art Ross in the NHL?

Lots of awards I never heard of too.. Guess only Defenseman and player of the year are relevant.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seems like Mantha has a good shot at player of the year. Guess it depends on how they view Connor Brown, though.

I think Mantha should have a clear edge on Brown because of the team theyre both on. Val D'or doesnt have a McDavid or Dane Fox to take pressure off of him. The goals edge is big enough to be significant as well

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I think Mantha should have a clear edge on Brown because of the team theyre both on. Val D'or doesnt have a McDavid or Dane Fox to take pressure off of him. The goals edge is big enough to be significant as well

GP too no? Brown played 11 more games, Mantha would have beaten him in points too quite easily if he had played the same amount of games.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Isn't the "top scorer" award handed out the the player with most points, like the Art Ross in the NHL?

Lots of awards I never heard of too.. Guess only Defenseman and player of the year are relevant.

looks like it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHL_Top_Scorer_Award

not sure why they have nominees when you know who'll win it in advance. At least, if it went to the top offensive forward I could understand but anyways.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
GP too no? Brown played 11 more games, Mantha would have beaten him in points too quite easily if he had played the same amount of games.

Yeah, I'm sure if youre missing time because youre hurt or something the voters might let that hurt your stock but when you miss the time because Mantha was busy dominating at the world juniors on a team Brown couldnt make it wont hurt you

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
not looking good for Mantha. Fell awkwardly in the corner. Looks like he hurt his knee. Hope no ligaments were touched there. Couldn't put weight on his leg as he tried to go back to his bench.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I wish I could watch these games.

Looking at the box score it looks like Val D'or just took a 3-2 lead on a shortie.

edit - Now its tied 3-3
edit 2 - 4-3 Val D'or

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad