Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
wow, just WOW!!

amazing game through and through. Game 7 for the championship, doesn't get any better than that

Seriously, I was so pumped when Mantha scored that BEAUTY of a goal. So clutch. That was just a big FU to all the doubters.

I'll post Anthony's comments after the game for those who couldn't understand what he said :P

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Now this is impressive. You know it has to be when the Grand Daddy tweets it.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
According to @TSNquizmaster, that's 81 goals in 81 GP for Mantha. 57 in 57 reg season; 24 in 24 playoffs. No math major but that's GAG.
Pretty good I guess. :sarcasm:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So, calmed doen a bit :laugh:

Lots of emotions watching that game. To come back to Mantha's comments after the game:

Commentator tells him about the end of the game and how the Drakkar came back in this one. Mantha starts with an ''Oh boy'', looks relieved the say the least lol!

Says guys were sweating on the bench watching the Drakkar come back as they played very well down the stretch. But guys couldn't be happier ending with a goal like that.

Commentator tells him about winning two game seven on the road. Mantha saying they were confident coming in Baie-Comeau. They played well all season long the road and proved they can deliver again tonight.

Big smile on his face when he's asked about going to the Memorial Cup. Says no one believed in them winning the whole thing this year. But proved everybody wrong and gives a big heads up to rest of the team.

Asked about his dream season. Says it's been a dream for him and the team as they worked hard to improve their game the whole year. Says they want to keep it up at the Memorial Cup and win the championship.

About Bibeau. Says he came in very happy. Proved he's a n'1 and and an excellent goalie.

won't lie, so happy for Mantha. Took all that crap at the draft last year and answers in the best of way. Wish him all the best.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
wow, just WOW!!

amazing game through and through. Game 7 for the championship, doesn't get any better than that

Seriously, I was so pumped when Mantha scored that BEAUTY of a goal. So clutch. That was just a big FU to all the doubters.

I'll post Anthony's comments after the game for those who couldn't understand what he said :P

i'm sure grant will find another way to mock him ;).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I can see him get his 9 games in next to Datsyuk and Franzen. That would be an amazing experience for him, I'm sure!

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Great to see, good for the kid.

Anyone know what kind of team the oilkings, storm and knights are compared to top-tier QMJHL teams like Halifax and BC? What are the odds for Val Dor?

Why is London there? They host the tournament but do they really deserve the chance to win it just because of that? I don't understand this about the Memorial Cup.

Btw, shouldn't Mantha have won the QMJHL playoff mvp award?

Last edited:

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH

Anyone know what kind of team the oilkings, storm and knights are compared to top-tier QMJHL teams like Halifax and BC? What are the odds for Val Dor?

Why is London there? They host the tournament but do they really deserve the chance to win it just because of that? I don't understand this about the Memorial Cup.

They need a 4th team, history and fodder. Somtimes the home team wins though, Shawinigan in 2012 I think. It's always a fun wrinkly in my eyes.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

In 2012, Host team Shawinigan won it despite being eliminated in the early rounds of the QMJHL playoffs.

At any rate there is a reason the Host team is included and that is for ticketing purposes. Prior to 1983 it was a tournament for the 3 league champions. To boost revenue and ticket sales (read fan interest) the home team was added.

The Oil Kings are a great puck possession team. Their puck movement and passing is as good as I have seen in the CHL. It really is their bread and Butter. They are anchored with a great goalie (Tristan Jarry) and have a solid blue line lead by big Griffen Rienhart. He is the type of guy to play safe mistake free hockey. He is very good defensively and plays with great size and strength. He will be matched up against Mantha. The Oil Kings like to attack in waves led by (arguably) the best 1-2 punch in Junior hockey in Henrick Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar. VDO and Mantha will be in tough

Last edited:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
any word on when Mantha joins the Griffins? Game 5?

He has to play in the memorial cup first. Its the CHL champions tournament. by winning the QMJHL, VDO qualified. Now the earliest we could see Mantha in Grand Rapids is May 21st. If they make it to the finals he won't be in Grand Rapids before the 26th.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Val D'or along with London will be pretty big underdogs in this tournament.

Really Guelph is likely an overwhelming favorite over everyone. They were the top ranked team in the country this year, and their playoff performance was dominating.

Edmonton is really the only team I can see beating them, but this tournament is so short that anything can happen.

Even London shouldn't be taken too lightly as they have been resting and preparing for this tournament at home for weeks while the others have been slugging it out for the right to go to the memorial cup.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
He has to play in the memorial cup first. Its the CHL champions tournament. by winning the QMJHL, VDO qualified. Now the earliest we could see Mantha in Grand Rapids is May 21st. If they make it to the finals he won't be in Grand Rapids before the 26th.

Didn't know thats how it worked. Good for him, bummer we probably wont see him but glad to see him playing well.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Anyone else see that London tried to get Olli Maata to join the team? Such BS. Came here to share the story and then found out it's not possible, luckily.

NormanJamesCTV ‏@NormanJamesCTV
Confirmed: Olli Maatta will not be rejoining the Knights for the @MCMemorialCup. Had to be on the roster by February 20th. @CTVLondon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad