Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VI - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Do you guys think Mantha is going to jump straight to the NHL next year or spend some time in Grand Rapids first?

I really think he'll spend a year in GR.

Just curious, does anyone know who was the last player to jump straight from the CHL to Detroit full-time? It wasn't Yzerman, was it?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Janmark had an assist in his first game back from the injury. 2 SOG, -1 and 18:49 ice time. Bäckman 0+0, +1, 16:24 ice time in a 3-2 OT win.

Bodin and Melén did not play.

Mantha on the board again tonight. One assist so far in their game vs. Baie-Comeau.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mantha is actually performing so well and carrying his team offensively to the point I don't think he is going to be traded anymore. I pretty much thought he would get moved, I am not so sure anymore.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Do you guys think Mantha is going to jump straight to the NHL next year or spend some time in Grand Rapids first?

Probably in the AHL for a year so he can learn to play "heavy" against the pros.

This is a new feeling to be this excited about a prospect who is absolutely lighting up a league.

Little fact: Mantha is currently on the longest point streak of his career (13 games after tonights game)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't mind Mantha spending some time in the AHL. But if he's still lightning it up, he better be brought up for a chance.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Mantha 0+1, +1, 2 hits in a 4-2 loss
Athanasiou 0+3, +3, 1st star in a 8-2 win - HIGHLIGHTS
Bertuzzi 1+1, +1 in a 4-3 OT loss
Nastasiuk 0+0, -1 in a 4-2 loss
Wheaton 0+2, +2, 3rd star in a 4-3 win
McNulty 0+0, +2 in a 3-1 win
Marshall 0+0, +2, 1 shot in a 3-0 win
De Haas 0+0, -3, 1 shot in a 4-3 loss
Paterson, Pope and McKee did not play

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 2h
Andreas Athanasiou signed his entry level contract with Red Wings. 3 years / 651 000 AAV (2 way)

He tweeted it out in English just after. :laugh:

Seems like he has picked up his game recently so the Wings rewarded him with the contract.

Do all the CHL players get same entry level contract? Or does it differ? if so, how much? And what do they base it on... potential? points?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Do all the CHL players get same entry level contract? Or does it differ? if so, how much? And what do they base it on... potential? points?

I think the better players get paid more. The limit is 925,000 but performance and signing bonuses can be added up to a maximum amount (not sure what it is). Minimum is same as league minimum, I believe.

They're two-way contracts though. Meaning if a player is sent down to the minors he gets paid less, so the 651,000 is just the NHL salary.

There's a good chance that Athanasiou rides out most of that contract in the AHL due to his position on prospect rankings. So he won't be getting the 651,000. Just whatever the minor league salary is.

And the size is based mostly on potential (and junior/college production). Mantha for example is signed to the maximum of 925,000.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Frk 2 goals and 2nd star with Toledo last night. Parkes 1+1 and Coreau 21/26 saves in the 5-4 loss.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not positive/ I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure Mantha is playing in the subway super series tonight for the Q team. Its a bit of a world junior tryout and will be on sportsnet for Canadians

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Not positive/ I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure Mantha is playing in the subway super series tonight for the Q team. Its a bit of a world junior tryout and will be on sportsnet for Canadians

Yeah, I'm pumped for that. Have seen very little of Mantha outside of highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad