Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VI - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Mantha is on pace to score 157 points in his final season of QJML, 11 shy of Crosby's 168 points in his final year. Just think what Matha could do with a little more talent.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Mantha is on pace to score 157 points in his final season of QJML, 11 shy of Crosby's 168 points in his final year. Just think what Matha could do with a little more talent.

Keep in mind that Mantha will be almost 2 years older than Crosby. Mantha is grade A prospect but we shouldn't even consider comparing him to NHL superstars until we see what he is like at the WJC and even then er should wait until he turns pro.

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It's easy to get overly excited about Mantha, his current scoring pace is not something we, as Wings fans, are used to seeing from our prospects. But he's still a long way off from being a 40-goal dominant force at the NHL level, so I try to temper my expectations. He still has to make the jump to pro hockey, which in all likelihood will not be seamless. I really like what he's doing right now, but there are still a lot of potential speed bumps and road blocks in his path that he'll have to overcome.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mantha is doing what Fischer and the Wings say a lot in interviews. He is dominating the level he is currently on, that is all we can ask out of him. I think there will be more bumps along the way, but he is a legitimate elite prospect with so many physical gifts. He is probably the best physical specimen product we have had since Primeau in all honesty in terms of upside and gifts, even Primeau who had a very solid NHL career didn't hit the heights many envisioned for him.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah, I definitely can't expect any more out of Mantha than he is showing. My tempering of expectations is based more on where he is in his development than it is on any deficiencies he may have. I'm excited about him, but he's still early enough in his development where he could crater and it really wouldn't be surprising.

Brandel*

Anyone know the lines for tonight's game?

edit: Just as I say that I see that Bobo tweeted what I was looking for

@TSNBobMcKenzie:

Top line for Q tonight:

Hudon (MTL) - Drouin (TB) - Mantha (DET).

Poirier (CGY) - Gauthier (TOR) - Gregoire (MTL).

Christien

May 1, 2010
As said, Hudon-Drouin-Mantha is the Q's first line. Very excited

All four lines

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha
Poirier-Gauthier-Grégoire
Clapperton-Girard-Roy
Duclair-Dauphin-Carrier/DeLuca

Defense :

Morin-Fournier
Walcott-Weegar
Graves-Haché
Vanier

goalies:

Fucale
Auger

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really shading towards Mantha in coverage, has a good heavy shot also had a massive reverse hit on one of the Russians in the first period. Should have had an assist on the PP but a great desperation save kept out a beautiful pass, a couple of turnovers where he was a big soft with the puck. One thing that jumps out at me is the short shifts tonight, Mantha seems to go off quicker than his linemates so far.

Brandel*

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 11m
Hudon (MTL), again, makes it 2-0 Q over RUS. Above average assist from Drouin (TB), again. Mantha (DET) gets 2nd assist.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 11m
NHL GM sightings thus far: MTL's Marc Bergevin and DET's Ken Holland.

Mantha better pot a couple for kenny

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Mantha is pretty damn big, 6'5 for sure. Really fast out there and looks like a good possession guy. Hard to get the puck from him along the boards. Has been using his shot on the PP theyre trying to feed him, he hasnt buried one yet though.

Definitely like what Im seeing

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Big dude, he just went where he wanted and there was no stopping him. good stuff.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
He sucked the Russian player into spearing him and negating the 4 on 4 situation at the end, giving the Q a 5 on 4 advantage still.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I really liked Tkachev at last year U18's and a nice goal last night. Wouldn't mind the Wings picking him next summer.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I really liked Tkachev at last year U18's and a nice goal last night. Wouldn't mind the Wings picking him next summer.

He's like 130 pounds, i guess a 5-7th rounder wouldn't really matter, but damn he is small.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He's like 130 pounds, i guess a 5-7th rounder wouldn't really matter, but damn he is small.
I wouldnt worry about a draft picks weight too much. But he's super skilled. I actually thought he was better than Buchnevich in some of those games.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Bertuzzi scored a goal in this mornings school day game. Guelph destroyed Mississauga 9-3. Tied for 4th on the team (with 2013 1st rounder Jason Dickinson) with 28 points. Actually has a better PPG then Dickinson as well.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anthony Mantha

Is it safe to assume that Wings fans are overjoyed with the start he has had? Saw him last night for the first time on the tv and he looked pretty impressive. Big with some wheels and a skillset. Sounds to me like he should've gone earlier than 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad