Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Shinkaruk has a youtube video "showing off" his skills

That pretty much seals it, he's a Wings prospect :sarcasm:

Sheahan, Jurco, Athansiou and now...Hunter Shinkaruk.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
I think Slepyshev is certainly worth a later round pick and Dano looks like a Wings kind of pick for sure. I think the organization could go a lot of different ways with their first pick.

I think the Wings should draft Nichushkin, a big guy with very good hands, plowing through the opposition at high speed knocking away defenders like traffic cones.
He has "Kovalchuk game-breaking" style written all over him.:yo:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think the Wings should draft Nichushkin, a big guy with very good hands, plowing through the opposition at high speed knocking away defenders like traffic cones.
He has "Kovalchuk game-breaking" style written all over him.:yo:

Hes a russian Rick Nash from what I've seen

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hes a russian Rick Nash from what I've seen

Do you mean that in a really good way or a bad way? For me at least Rick Nash is a step down from Kovy. Then again I am pretty much the president of the Rick Nash is not a superstar club. Still super happy we didn't break the bank for him.

I guess any prospect should be happy to have Rick Nash comparisons, I just could actually see this particular one becoming more of a consistent point producer if all pans out. Not just one 70 point season in his first decade in the league.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Do you mean that in a really good way or a bad way? For me at least Rick Nash is a step down from Kovy. Then again I am pretty much the president of the Rick Nash is not a superstar club. Still super happy we didn't break the bank for him.

I guess any prospect should be happy to have Rick Nash comparisons, I just could actually see this particular one becoming more of a consistent point producer if all pans out. Not just one 70 point season in his first decade in the league.

Nichushkin would be a good use of a mid to late 1st round pick regardless of how he compares to Nash. The comments about him lacking vision don't really bother me at this stage. I think he would bring a nice dimension to the organization.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
I don't think Hartman is a Red Wings type player, but I personally love his game.

Definitely a player i would not mind because he can either develop into a strong bodied winger with scoring potential in the top 6 or play a bottom 3 spot and give you the odd goal and good hit.

I wouldnt mind him but not in the first.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

If Nichuskin was a sure bet for more consistent production then Nash he would be talked about in the top 5. People bag on Nash but hes still a guy whose had 1 season in his entire career where he hasnt hit 30 goals and thats being the only offensive threat on his team and having no good center to play with.

Nash has a dominant power game as well to score his goals, like Nichuskin

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
His Height makes me uninterested in this player.

I'm all about size but we're talking about a potential star who doesnt play small slipping because of his height. If he falls out of the top 10 someones getting a steal, he should've made the World Junior team but Canada already had 2 draft eligibles going, he was one of the best in that camp

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nichushkin would be a good use of a mid to late 1st round pick regardless of how he compares to Nash. The comments about him lacking vision don't really bother me at this stage. I think he would bring a nice dimension to the organization.

I thought the big knock on Nichushkin, leading to speculation he'll fall down the draft board, was that he signed a 3 yr deal with a KHL team?

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Man... If we could get a Nichushkin....Or heck our future as is makes me drool so much...

Valeri Nichushkin-Calle Jarnkrok-Teemu Pulkinnen
Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Jurco
Andreas Athanasiou-Landon Ferraro-Martin Frk
Pontus Bodin-Joakim Andersson-Mitch Callahan

Xavier Ouellet-Ryan Sproul
Brendan Smith-Alexei Marchenko
Danny DeKyser-Mattias Backman

Petr Mrazek
Jake Paterson

:D:D:D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought the big knock on Nichushkin, leading to speculation he'll fall down the draft board, was that he signed a 3 yr deal with a KHL team?

That is the big problem, although he hasn't produced points at the level expected overseas either. Still think if his name is Barry Smith from London, Ontario he is a top 5 pick and Drouin is probably sitting on his couch right now instead of in Russia. They would have taken the 6'4" kid out of camp in that case.

On the positive side for us who cares about waiting three years, we do that with everyone.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Man... If we could get a Nichushkin....Or heck our future as is makes me drool so much...

Valeri Nichushkin-Calle Jarnkrok-Teemu Pulkinnen
Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Jurco
Andreas Athanasiou-Landon Ferraro-Martin Frk
Pontus Bodin-Joakim Andersson-Mitch Callahan

Xavier Ouellet-Ryan Sproul
Brendan Smith-Alexei Marchenko
Danny DeKyser-Mattias Backman

Petr Mrazek
Jake Paterson

:D:D:D

lol, highly unlikely a team consist of 100% drafted players :D

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I think Slepyshev is certainly worth a later round pick and Dano looks like a Wings kind of pick for sure. I think the organization could go a lot of different ways with their first pick.
dano does seem like a DRW pick, and not just b/c they have picked several slovakian F's recently (tatar, jurco, tvrdon). he looked good at WJC in the small amount of video i saw. smallish, skilled F's very often fall in the draft. he's a gritty/chippy player, and CSS says he plays a 2 way game.

dano seemed more to me like a W than C, b/c he looked more a shooter than playmaker. would be a good pick, imo.

thread about dano says he will play in WHL next season.

i very, very strongly prefer players with good skills and good vision than great skills but without good vision, but russians are almost always good value.

another interesting russian F is pavel buchnevich. buchnevich was ranked 27th by ISS in october (nichushkin was 14th). very unlikely either will be picked that high. both have 3 year contracts in KHL.

slepyshev was 1st pick in KHL draft in 2011 but was not picked in last year's draft. prokhorkin was also ranked high last year, but was picked 121 by LAK.

i wish they would, but i don't expect them to risk a pick on any russian players.

If Nichushkin was a sure bet for more consistent production then Nash he would be talked about in the top 5. People bag on Nash but hes still a guy whose had 1 season in his entire career where he hasnt hit 30 goals and thats being the only offensive threat on his team and having no good center to play with.

Nash has a dominant power game as well to score his goals, like Nichuskin.
agree

i am not a big fan of nash and i think he does lack vision of better star F's, but nash has been a very reliable and productive player. a lot of criticism of nash comes from his draft position and problems associated with CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad