Red Wings Draft Thread 2013

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
the deadline for the season his now january 11 ,my question is if we dont have a season which rank the redwings draft at the end of the season for the next draft ..

Last edited:

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
draft

the wings probably draft far in the first round again but the have a lot of good players this year

kerby rychel or anthony duclair would be nice

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
the wings probably draft far in the first round again but the have a lot of good players this year

kerby rychel or anthony duclair would be nice

Duclair would be fantastic. Seems like a type of guy the Wings would be interested too--good skill, good hockey sense and two way play, speed to burn, and he plays in the Q. That's a selection I'd love to see.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Duclair would be fantastic. Seems like a type of guy the Wings would be interested too--good skill, good hockey sense and two way play, speed to burn, and he plays in the Q. That's a selection I'd love to see.

He's 5'11 180lbs, sounds like a Wings prospect.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Number of lottery balls is determined by number of playoff appearances in the last 3 seasons. Since Detroit has made the playoffs the past 3 years, they only get one ball.. Assuming they use the same system as 2005.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Number of lottery balls is determined by number of playoff appearances in the last 3 seasons. Since Detroit has made the playoffs the past 3 years, they only get one ball.. Assuming they use the same system as 2005.

But that's the lottery system for 1st pick. How after that? How the other picks are organized?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Youre right I was off on that one but for what its worth, 3 teams with 1 ball picked in the top 10 in 2005 including one in the top 5.

I actually hope there isnt a season so that these idiots wallets take a hit but also so the wings have a chance of sneaking into the top 10 with a pick. Hit the right guy in the top 10 and they could get a guy to build around for the future. They could still end up with a 30th overall pick as well but I'm not scared of the risk really.

Assuming the wings pick around 15 I'm looking at Max Domi, Kerby Rychel, Nichuskin, or Mantha. Someone like Gauthier (6'5 center) would be pretty nice.

Now I usually hate the amount of smaller forwards Detroit takes but a guy who may fall toward Detroits range is Hunter Shinkaruk. He isnt big but watching him at the world junior camp the guy is awesome. Competes hard and is dynamic offensively. If we could get a hold of him he could be in a red wing jersey soon, hes not a soft player but doesnt have the size to be really physical in the NHL. Has potential to be a feisty scorer with a little bit of agitator to him

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
But that's the lottery system for 1st pick. How after that? How the other picks are organized?
in 2005, all picks were done by that same lottery system.

i think it might be better to have 2 or 3 lotteries. lottery for teams with most balls for the top picks, then a lottery for the rest.

or lottery for teams with most balls for the top picks, then lottery for teams with next most balls for middle picks, then lottery for rest.

it would prevent DRW from getting a top pick, though.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Would be nice if they did the reverse with the lottery this time around to actually, I don't know... Reward the teams who've managed to stay competitive for so long... 'Course since this is such a ridiculously deep draft, that'd be unfair to the bad teams... But they've been so sucky they'd probably wouldn't benefit from another top draft pick... Who knows.

I'm just dreaming, in case you're wondering. The Red Wings's system is so loaded right now. The only things they are missing are the franchise player(s) (as in two). This is such a loaded draft on the top end. I would love to have a Barkov/MacKinnon/Drouin/Shinkaruk/Jones/Elias. It would be the perfect compliment to the rest of the guys in our system.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Youre right I was off on that one but for what its worth, 3 teams with 1 ball picked in the top 10 in 2005 including one in the top 5.

Yup yup, we still have the chance to pick anywhere with one ball, I'm hopeful we can slip into the top 20 again, like in 2005. Our last first round pick in the top 20 (beside '05 with Kindl) was 1991 with Lapointe, but there are so many intriguing prospects all over the board I'm pretty excited wherever we land. Remember in 2005 they snaked the 2nd round, so even if we landed high 20s, we'd have an early 2nd rounder. Can't really be too disappointed.

and Henkka if you're still wondering, this chart explains it the best for 2013. Any team can be top 10 but the more lottery balls you have, the higher % chance you have. Props to a blog called Dirty Dangle, found it on there.
2013+nhl+draft+lottery+odds+if+lockout.jpg

Although, the Islanders first overall shouldn't be counted. They have 3 balls as well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's pretty far away man.... :sarcasm:

Hopefully something that branches off of this though.

GretzkyFamilyTree.jpg

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
i really hope they get calle jarnkrok's cousin and linemate, elias lindholm. :crossfing :innocent:

not hard to see why he is sometimes compared to peter forsberg. puck protection, skill, playmaking, 2 way play, and some physicality.

his style of play could also be compared to giroux (partly the right handed shot), backstrom and zetterberg.

almost every ranking list i have seen puts lindholm in the top 10, though.

I hope they draft Nick Lidstrom's grandson in 2103.:handclap:
lidstrom's grandson would probably be old in 2103. maybe his great-grandson would be draft eligible.

plus, NHL may be a league of cyborgs and robots by 2103.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
almost every ranking list i have seen puts lindholm in the top 10, though.

I would take Lindholm third.

Jones
MacKinnon
Lindholm
Barkov
Monahan
Drouin

Until I hear a talent evaluator tell me they really believe Drouin has center abilities, I cannot justify him over the other guys. I am pretty high on all of them and really especially from a Wings point of view value all of their positions over a 5'11" wing player with talent.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
He's 5'11 180lbs, sounds like a Wings prospect.

Duclair is a nice player, I'd be glad to have him. I am lucky enough to watch a ton of junior hockey, so I get bit more invested in the draft than I probably should.

There are about 4 players I'd really like to see the Wings draft if they are picking in the early to mid 20's ( a fair assumption I think).

1. Valery Nichushkin
2. Anthony Duclair
3. Ryan Hartman
4. Kirby Rychel

I also really like Alex Wennberg (should be a huge riser in this draft), Anton Slepyshev, Mark Dano, Sergei Kuptsov, and Brody Silk at forward. On defense, Eric Roy, Mirco Muller, Ryan Graves, and Mason Geertsen are all players that have caught my eye.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Duclair is a nice player, I'd be glad to have him. I am lucky enough to watch a ton of junior hockey, so I get bit more invested in the draft than I probably should.

There are about 4 players I'd really like to see the Wings draft if they are picking in the early to mid 20's ( a fair assumption I think).

1. Valery Nichushkin
2. Anthony Duclair
3. Ryan Hartman
4. Kirby Rychel

I also really like Alex Wennberg (should be a huge riser in this draft), Anton Slepyshev, Mark Dano, Sergei Kuptsov, and Brody Silk at forward. On defense, Eric Roy, Mirco Muller, Ryan Graves, and Mason Geertsen are all players that have caught my eye.

I think Slepyshev is certainly worth a later round pick and Dano looks like a Wings kind of pick for sure. I think the organization could go a lot of different ways with their first pick.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
I think Slepyshev is certainly worth a later round pick and Dano looks like a Wings kind of pick for sure. I think the organization could go a lot of different ways with their first pick.

Oh definitely. This is a really deep, varied draft. There are a ton of different players you can look at and justify picking. For instance, say the Wings are picking at #20 and they take an Alex Wennberg. Right now that's certainly an off the board pick, but it's not one anyone should criticize heavily (Assuming no god-sents fall to them of course).

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

1. Valery Nichushkin
2. Anthony Duclair
3. Ryan Hartman
4. Kirby Rychel

I've been interested Duclair I don't get to see him at all but have been following reports on here. What do you see from him?

I just think we have quite a bit of the 5'11 skill types. I'd like to see some good net front/power forward types in the system. But who isn't looking for that.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
It pains me to say it... It really does... But with the glut of prospects we have that could all turn into decent players... I just wonder whether we can package something up with Nyquist, Tatar, McCollum, and something else or more for a high first rounder this year. Imagine, getting a Jonathan Drouin or a Hunter Shinkaruk or and Aleksander Barkov... Heck, a Seth Jones would really make my day. I mean, I just look at all of our prospects and the one thing we're lacking is that franchise player, or that "best" player on the team. You know what I'm talking about. There are so many guys in the top 10 I'd trade up for. I suggest taking advantage of our glut to get what we need for a more secure future.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It pains me to say it... It really does... But with the glut of prospects we have that could all turn into decent players... I just wonder whether we can package something up with Nyquist, Tatar, McCollum, and something else or more for a high first rounder this year. Imagine, getting a Jonathan Drouin or a Hunter Shinkaruk or and Aleksander Barkov... Heck, a Seth Jones would really make my day. I mean, I just look at all of our prospects and the one thing we're lacking is that franchise player, or that "best" player on the team. You know what I'm talking about. There are so many guys in the top 10 I'd trade up for. I suggest taking advantage of our glut to get what we need for a more secure future.

If there isnt a season they may not even need to trade up to get into the top 10, and right around the 10 mark you could still grab a really good player like Pulock or Shinkaruk

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00