Red Wings at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Myers is a long-term asset

he is 25 years old, big, very big, good skater who can move the puck

he has his warts which become exposed very easily on the worst team in the league

i would venture it safe to say that dekeyser on the sabres would love half or a third as good as he does on the red wings to the rest of the league

Myers would become a CORE piece moving forward for the next decade

It is possible he would come here and not put up 40 or even 35pts consistently let alone once but he would come here and form a very competent if not above average future top four(myers, dekeyeser, ouellet, sproul/marchenko) and that is way more important than what net benefit he brings for the next 4 months

trading assets today for ufa's is a waste. Franson will have NO effect on our playoff success, none whatsoever as he is not an impact player, and if we dont sign him then we will look like and be fools. Green will not be traded for prospect or picks and will not be traded to a team directly in Washington's own playoff aspirations(i assume they ahve the same as we do)

either trade for a guy who can make a lasting impact on our franchise even at the expense of good assets

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

he has his warts which become exposed very easily on the worst team in the league

i would venture it safe to say that dekeyser on the sabres would love half or a third as good as he does on the red wings to the rest of the league

It is possible he would come here and not put up 40 or even 35pts consistently let alone once but he would come here and form a very competent if not above average future top four(myers, dekeyeser, ouellet, sproul/marchenko) and that is way more important than what net benefit he brings for the next 4 months

trading assets today for ufa's is a waste. Franson will have NO effect on our playoff success, none whatsoever as he is not an impact player, and if we dont sign him then we will look like and be fools. Green will not be traded for prospect or picks and will not be traded to a team directly in Washington's own playoff aspirations(i assume they ahve the same as we do)

either trade for a guy who can make a lasting impact on our franchise even at the expense of good assets
So do you give in and offer a Mantha package for Meyers?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
longtime lurker, Detroit fan from Winnipeg, root for the jets as a hometown team and red wings got me into hockey years ago

Just wondering with the whole Evander Kane fiasco, would the Wings ever trade for a guy like Kane (WPG has an influx of D that Detroit can potentially get packaged in the deal as well)?

WPG doesnt have leaders like Babcock, Kronwall, Z, Dats and Holland i dont think the type of stuff Kane does would fly, and i think Kane knows that. Guy plays hard on the ice, some issues off the ice -yes, but i think that can be fixed. hes 3rd on the team in ES points/2nd in goals over the last 3 years while missing 25 games and being only 8 points/1 goal behind the next guy, not to mention the injuries and playing with AHL 3rd line

or is Detroit probably good w/ the pool of prospects they have now

Thanks.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
longtime lurker, Detroit fan from Winnipeg, root for the jets as a hometown team and red wings got me into hockey years ago

Just wondering with the whole Evander Kane fiasco, would the Wings ever trade for a guy like Kane (WPG has an influx of D that Detroit can potentially get packaged in the deal as well)?

WPG doesnt have leaders like Babcock, Kronwall, Z, Dats and Holland i dont think the type of stuff Kane does would fly, and i think Kane knows that. Guy plays hard on the ice, some issues off the ice -yes, but i think that can be fixed. hes 3rd on the team in ES points/2nd in goals over the last 3 years while missing 25 games and being only 8 points/1 goal behind the next guy, not to mention the injuries and playing with AHL 3rd line

Thanks.

I'd love to trade for Kane. Would depend on asking price and if he's healthy.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

WPG doesnt have leaders like Babcock, Kronwall, Z, Dats and Holland i dont think the type of stuff Kane does would fly, and i think Kane knows that. Guy plays hard on the ice, some issues off the ice -yes, but i think that can be fixed. hes 3rd on the team in ES points over the last 3 years while missing 25 games and being only 8 points behind the next guy, not to mention the injuries and playing with AHL 3rd line

Thanks.

i guess it's possible but i don't think it will happen.

there are other teams that have bigger need for guy like him and willing to pay more. i think wings want to use cap space/assets on D.

i like kane and i think wings could use many of his qualities though (PF, works hard, great puck carrier and shot generator, good forechecker etc).

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Thanks.

no thanks

wayyy to many personality red flags for my liking

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
We are fine at wing and don't need a guy like Kane even if the return wouldn't be a lot.

Defense defense defense.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

The problem with Myers is SABRES want to value him as the player they hope he can possibly be someday, not as the player that he is currently.

That's the problem I have with Myers. I wouldn't mind having him on the team so he can re-learn how to play hockey again the right way. I view him as a project with great potential who you can build a team around someday. But right now he's not that player and may never become that player.

barnztormre

Our goley is awsom
Jan 21, 2013
West Palm Beach, FL
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but:

TO DETROIT:
Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian

TO WINNIPEG:
Tomas Tatar
Stephen Weiss (primarily to even out the cap, still productive)
Anthony Mantha

Wings get the RHD-PP QB they desperately need. Jets get a young, NHL ready player in Tats and a damn near sure thing in Mantha.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

TO DETROIT:
Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian

TO WINNIPEG:
Tomas Tatar
Anthony Mantha

Wings get the RHD-PP QB they desperately need. Jets get a young, NHL ready player in Tats and a damn near sure thing in Mantha.

Mantha is a non-starter for Holland. Unless you're prepared to massively overpay just leave him out of these deals.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i don't think the value is bad, on paper but i'm not sure if it makes much sense to swap tatar for kane; seems very much a lateral move at best. tatar makes much less than him and is never injured.

and mantha seems to be pretty much off the table. i'd immediately move him for certain michigan kid on jets roster but that ain't happening.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

TO DETROIT:
Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian

TO WINNIPEG:
Tomas Tatar
Anthony Mantha

We'll talk again at the Draft. Not trading for a player that won't help us this year.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Lebrun on radio just said that Holland told him he isn't moving the 2015 1st round pick.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013

TO DETROIT:
Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian

TO WINNIPEG:
Tomas Tatar
Anthony Mantha

My main issue is that we lose 3 wingers with that trade and get back 1 winger and 1 Dman. What happens with all our other Dmen, who takes the other winger roster spot?

I also think that's a pretty big overpayment.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
So do you give in and offer a Mantha package for Meyers?

I think if they said Mantha and a first, you'd really have to consider it. That said, Ive always been extremely high on Mantha but Myers is legitimately going to spend the next ten years in Detroit as a mainstay on the blueline. He's a monster out there and people seem to think he's struggling still which is the furthest things from the truth. He's their best D. No doubt about it.

I think you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad