Red Wings at the Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
At the time of the deal, Seto was still considered a good player. The problem is, Detroit didn't have a compareable player that Minnesota wanted.

True, though I'm just saying that players fitting the bill were moved and it wasn't like that package was so massive that Detroit couldn't match it in their wildest dreams. It is likely that Detroit didn't have anything sexy enough to grab them, but the response from Babcock made it seem like the team wasn't even interested. If Minnesota doesn't include their 2nd and Detroit includes a Coyle level prospect, all that is left is deciding on the roster player to go back. Not saying Minnesota would've wanted Wings prospect or roster player, just that it wasn't impossible to put something together or meet someone halfway in a trade negotiation.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I keep reading these DET/TOR rumors. I would swap Weiss+Kindl for Him ( if Z and H were healthy) and if they retain any salary add pick/ B level prospect. I prefer Kindl I really think we should keep Weiss though especially with Z and Helm possibly out for a bit.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Eric cole....

I hope we got a Jim nill discount and not a Steve Yzerman generosity payment.

Brandel*

No idea what has happened but Phaneuf is now #4 on TSN's trade board.

GrosEcossais

Feb 1, 2015
Nova Scotia
Pretty stoked about the Cole move. Didn't move a lot to get him. I truthfuly see him as a more consistent, more physical, harderworking player then Franzen and think he can bring a lot to the wings. Still need to pull the trigger on a dman though. Here is hoping for anther move from Kenny.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
So, now that Cole is a Wing, does the deal for Weiss and Kindl for Phaneuf seem more or less likely?

Personally I'm less inclined to move Weiss with the injuries to Z and Helm but upgrading the defense would be a major step forward and put this team clearly into the contenders category.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
As long as the Cole trade is move one of two, I'm happy with it. He's exactly the type of player that could be a great deadline rental, and he adds a dimension the Wings lack. With that said, if the Wings don't improve the D, then there is no point to this movie.

My predictor trade is:

Weiss + Smith for Phaneuf + 4th

Tatar-Dats-Cole
Nyquist-Z-Abby
Pulu-Sheahan-Jurco
Miller-Glenny-Andy

Kronwall-E
Dekeyser-Phaneuf
Quincey-Marchenko

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'd do Weiss for Phaneuf straight up or Weiss + Smith for Phaneuf with $2 million salary retained per year. If they're going to trade for Phaneuf Toronto have to take Weiss as any part of the deal. That's the only way I'd be happy with it.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
I'd do Weiss for Phaneuf straight up or Weiss + Smith for Phaneuf + $2 million salary retained. If they're going to trade for Phaneuf Toronto have to take Weiss as any part of the deal.

Toronto would not retain salary unless the Wings add something that is really enticing. If a trade gets done it will be Weiss + Kindl+ for Phaneuf (no retained)+ as a base. Makes Detroit a very complete team in the near term and Toronto gains flexibility in the long term. The adds on both sides will be where the deal is made or not made.

davecrockburn

Jun 8, 2011
I don't think they eat salary AND take a huge cap dump unless we are paying a lot. Its one or the other. I see it as:

Weiss + Kindl + 1st for Phaneuf (0-1mill retained)

OR

Kindl + 1st for Phaneuf (2+mill retained)

Either way - we have to send a Dman back to make room as well as a 1st or no deal to begin with.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
If we trade with Toronto, I'd bet Ryan Sproul would be involved as his Soo Greyhound (OHL) GM was current Maple Leaf assistant GM Kyle Dubas. Also it would make sense that we're taking on a long term defenceman to be shipping out a defensive prospect in the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad