Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Came across two guys trying to open a safe just off the road. They used dynamite and blew themselves up, leaving me to pick up the money in the safe that's now open. :laugh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't know....I am just starting chapter 6 and I don't feel like anything is dragging at all. I don't really care if this game takes me until Christmas to finish to be quite honest.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
With my work schedule, it might take me another month to finish it. Still pretty much at the beginning of chapter 3. lol

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I was a bit buzzed last night during a mission that I probably should have done differently & killed a ton of people in a town. I've still had to do missions in the area but I've been avoiding that town & I haven't been caught/had to deal with the 300 dollar bounty yet. That was a few hours ago in game play and I nearly have the cash to pay it off, finally.

So I'd say, keep playing and see what happens. I've found it fairly easy to avoid being caught thus far.
Highest bounty I've had was $750, I was doing a side mission in Rhodes where you take down wanted posters for a couple escaped prisoners and for one poster you have to fight a guy, so then you get the law on you and then I found myself cornered. Killed the guys chasing me and then hid in a barn but then got surrounded, killed all of them eventually and then just had to run and gun my way over to camp as my horse was taking too much time to get to me. I killed a lot of lawmen, it was real hairy.

Next time I left camp I went straight to the nearest post office which was out of the state to pay the bounty, didn't even bother riding on the tracks to get there just stuck to the fields and forests.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Highest bounty I've had was $750, I was doing a side mission in Rhodes where you take down wanted posters for a couple escaped prisoners and for one poster you have to fight a guy, so then you get the law on you and then I found myself cornered. Killed the guys chasing me and then hid in a barn but then got surrounded, killed all of them eventually and then just had to run and gun my way over to camp as my horse was taking too much time to get to me. I killed a lot of lawmen, it was real hairy.

Next time I left camp I went straight to the nearest post office which was out of the state to pay the bounty, didn't even bother riding on the tracks to get there just stuck to the fields and forests.
Mine was in (or around, I was a little more than buzzed...) strawberry I think. I haven't had to go back into that town but I have done a few missions outside of town in that territory. Basically it was a jail break, and I probably should have/could have played it differently but I was surprised how quick the breakout happened then I just started shooting everyone hahah.

Going to fire it up in 20/30 minutes and probably go take care of it once I hit up the newly opened fence so I can unload all my loot, that'll get me where I need while still having some cash left over.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Alright so I'm still pretty early on in the game, but I managed to rack up a $150 bounty that I can't really pay. Did I screw myself or is there some magic fix?

Best way to go if you have less than $150 would be to donate all your money to your camp, then go to Valentine, punch some random guy out to get a crime reported, then surrender to the sherrif. You'll spend a night in jail and your bounty will be gone.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Best way to go if you have less than $150 would be to donate all your money to your camp, then go to Valentine, punch some random guy out to get a crime reported, then surrender to the sherrif. You'll spend a night in jail and your bounty will be gone.

My dude. Thank you

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Finally got to play the first hour! Controls will take some getting used to, but I really dig it so far.
Controls are tough. Can't tell you how many times I've pulled a gun on a random or, more often, pulled a gun on someone I saved because I forgot to switch to unarmed before talking. Aim & "talk to that person" being the same button is tough.

Also, I've randomly choked like 4 people because I hit the wrong button in a town and they happened to have their back to me, but close.

And I've been playing for 10 games hours or so? I love it, but I have to really pay attention to the buttons/controls.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Hss anyone been challenged to a random gun duel by any npc? I remember on rdr in random town some people would challenge you to a duel. I havnt encountered this yet in rdr2

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
When I look at my character, I see locked traits (I have opened none, and I think I'm close to ending chapter 2). I tried googling it and didn't find anything specific. Can anyone tell me what these are/when they open/what I should do? Is it a "keep playing" situation or have I (likely) missed something?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Hss anyone been challenged to a random gun duel by any npc? I remember on rdr in random town some people would challenge you to a duel. I havnt encountered this yet in rdr2

I've had it happen once in my entire time playing and it was right near the beginning of the game in Valentine, across from the butcher. I had no idea what to do so I lost. I think the guy was drunk and I just walked up to him and greeted him and he challenged me to a duel. I haven't had it happen again since.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I've had it happen once in my entire time playing and it was right near the beginning of the game in Valentine, across from the butcher. I had no idea what to do so I lost. I think the guy was drunk and I just walked up to him and greeted him and he challenged me to a duel. I haven't had it happen again since.
This is the exact thing that happened to me too. Knowing how buggy this game is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a glitch preventing future random duels from happening.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

I've had two, both in Valentine. The one by the butcher everybody else said, and one at the main street saloon - I lost the first one because the "draw" mechanic kind of sucks, and the second guy was really drunk and collapsed before we could get started.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Controls are tough. Can't tell you how many times I've pulled a gun on a random or, more often, pulled a gun on someone I saved because I forgot to switch to unarmed before talking. Aim & "talk to that person" being the same button is tough.

Also, I've randomly choked like 4 people because I hit the wrong button in a town and they happened to have their back to me, but close.

And I've been playing for 10 games hours or so? I love it, but I have to really pay attention to the buttons/controls.
It's amazing how quickly the situation escalates. Go to town to get supplies...try to greet random guy....huge "misunderstanding . . 750$ bounty.....
Go to the middle of nowhere to talk to a gunslinger. Accidentally try to shoot him. Now he doesn't want to talk to me...what'd I do?!

Reactions: Bocephus86

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This happened to my once in Van Horn. I smoked that fool like a bad cigar.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Potential spoilers: I am on the mission where I have to meet up with Raining Falls and the other bloke at the Oil fields, how far am I from finishing?

RDR1 is a fantastic campaign/game too, I really recommend finishing it.
RDRI is fantastic as well and the campaign is unbelievable, but the map is duller than watching paint dry. There's noway I can find myself going from one end of the map to the other end of the map again. Just no way.

Came across two guys trying to open a safe just off the road. They used dynamite and blew themselves up, leaving me to pick up the money in the safe that's now open. :laugh:
Lol, I will be looking out for that since I haven't seen it.

Rockstar needs to fine tune the wanted system. You should not get a bounty on your head for defending yourself.
I've gotten a bounty by simply pushing people with my horse since I accidentally rode too fast in the game - Strawberry is by far the worst town to try and navigate in. I don't think it's wrong by Rockstar to do this, but it is also quite frustrating at times.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've gotten a bounty by simply pushing people with my horse since I accidentally rode too fast in the game - Strawberry is by far the worst town to try and navigate in. I don't think it's wrong by Rockstar to do this, but it is also quite frustrating at times.
I can't stand trying to get through Saint Denis, seems like there's always someone right around the corner for me to take out with my horse.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Potential spoilers: I am on the mission where I have to meet up with Raining Falls and the other bloke at the Oil fields, how far am I from finishing?

RDRI is fantastic as well and the campaign is unbelievable, but the map is duller than watching paint dry. There's noway I can find myself going from one end of the map to the other end of the map again. Just no way.

Lol, I will be looking out for that since I haven't seen it.

You still got hours.....many hours to go yet lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't stand trying to get through Saint Denis, seems like there's always someone right around the corner for me to take out with my horse.
Well, that's the place where I consider it okay since it is the biggest place in the game where you can honestly call it a "city". Strawberry though is this mountain town with like eight buildings and insanely narrow streets.

You still got hours.....many hours to go yet lol
Fantastic news, I've already got what I consider my sixty dollars out of this game already and I've only explored like 60% of the map. I just hope that Texas/New Mexico/Mexico isn't as boring as the previous game map wise.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Just had it happen in the Epilogue in Van Horn. Two dudes were duelling and the winner called out for challengers, I said ok and shot his gun out of his hand and that was that, no physical or honour reward...

Reactions: tacogeoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad