Post-Game Talk: Record breaking Slaf and the Habs lose to dirty Rags

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
We see where Kova would be a servicable 7th D and Xhekaj needs to step up his D game to stay on the 3rd pair. That def needs experience and they got shown tonight what speed and offensive zone domination is. The parts are good, but the Rangers really put the boot.
Yes, the inexperience of Kova and Xhekaj showed tonight. They were tourniquets Ozak 500e. That didn't help. And upfront we have only one line and an half. Rangers have 3 or 4 good lines, not 1 1/2.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
62% vs 38% for the face-offs in favor of the Rangers. Newhook 30% Suzuki 38% Evans 42% Gignac 45%

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Would lack grit tbh.

Maybe but that's still adding a 60pts forward (for now) and a PPG guy. The team would get an insane offensive boost with this

That said it's pretty unrealistic and i don't think any of these will happen

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We are still missing 2 top 6 forwards once Dach comes back.
Roy and Newhook feel like 3rd liners on a contender.
Yeah but last time i checked we still have our first round pick this year. We also have Flames 1st for next season which could very well be a 11th - 15th overall (where Guhle and Caufield were drafted).

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Anderson effort is really a shame. He doesn’t even try to hit. He always holds back his opponents when he hits them softly.

From power horse, to donkey, to sleeping fawn damn.
Anderson, Armia, Gallagher are all station to station players that don’t fit the unstructured concept being enforced by MSL - he’d do well under a traditional old school coach who empathize a north south station to station game

It’s also why IMO Zegras would fit in flawlessly under MSL - who can then slowly work on addressing his defensive deficiencies

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Now, what the heck is going on between Slaf and Matheson?? You could see Slaf getting frustrated and beaver tailing during that last PP. The crazy thing is that, as a LD, the quick no look or fake slapper pass to Slaf should be a no-brainer play. I just don't get it.
Yes, on one of the last pps Slaf took the puck and skates it to the blue line and basically into Matheson before passing it to the other winger, figured he thought "you won't pass it to me, I won't pass it to you!".

It's ridiculous.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coming up in your PGT tonight ...

OvC5YYB.gif

Stay tuned!

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Would lack grit tbh.
WITH Dach who would play Slaf's role on this line though... ok maybe not Guentzel but Zegras-Dach would be a solid pairing to start with. Add a good complementary piece that can follow and that's a real second line.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Very disappointing Caufield only got 2 goals,and Slaf only got 1goal
and 1 assist for 2pts.....these 2 need to get better, anything
less than 3 to 4 pts each every game is unacceptable.

:wg:
2️⃣0️⃣ ➕1️⃣4️⃣➕2️⃣2️⃣🟰🔥🔥🚒🚨
Wow..this line keeps on cookin, congrats to Slaf on entering into the Habs record books.

Last edited:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Would be the worst thing to do. They need to build this team properly, not trying to accelerate anything if they want to be a good team eventually for the long run.
At some point there will be a Dach type trade again trying to jumpstart somewhat without compromising the future. We have 4 1st choices in the next 2 drafts. I would'nt mind taking 2 of them + a def for a youngin about to explode but yeah, it's not time for a crazy all in move.

I think that next season or the one after we will be in a good position to go for a true top 6 FA given the 2nd line is solidified with a legit top 6 winger to make it appealing. The kids will push for top 6 but once they are ready to take the spot we'll be having something like a 1st and 2x 2nd lines. Then pick and chose the future and recuperate a few picks from leftovers.

Reactions: Sam I Am

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
We’ll need Celebrini. Make it happen… lottery gods!
I'd give our 2 1st this year and 2 1sts next year for a guy like that.

Not kidding. We have so many young guys coming up and so many picks, we're at the point where we need quality, not quantity. Just pure, top end talent.

And no need for more dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad