Post-Game Talk: Record breaking Slaf and the Habs lose to dirty Rags

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
That was (checks notes) Caufield’s first multi goal game of the season.

Trash.
HRI7zad.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Newhook was a disaster tonight although his linemates sucked and he's not a center so I'll cut him some slack. Marty playing Pearson/Gallagher/Anderson over Roy is ridiculous.
Roy is not going to be played over vets at this point. Not going to happen.

Next year I expect him to be in the top six at some point - hopefully out of camp.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Despite the loss and the goals difference it was still a relatively entertaining game. As i sais in the GDT winning is good for the confidence and losing is good for the tank. The most important thing is that the kids keep producing and improving. The rest is secondary

And MSL is getting some heat for not implementing a defensive system but under Therrien or Julien we would still have lost something like 5-2 but most of us would have fallen asleep vy the 2nd period. At least there is an element of entertainment in the losses. Long term we'll have to fix this but short term it doesn't really matter imho.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Good game for the tank, defense was a complete mess though. I'll say it again, I need to see an updated "best lines in hockey" chart hehe, the amount of points these guys have scored since the break has been unreal.

Now, what the heck is going on between Slaf and Matheson?? You could see Slaf getting frustrated and beaver tailing during that last PP. The crazy thing is that, as a LD, the quick no look or fake slapper pass to Slaf should be a no-brainer play. I just don't get it.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
We are still missing 2 top 6 forwards once Dach comes back.
Roy and Newhook feel like 3rd liners on a contender.
With a mature Beck that will be a great 3rd line imo.

Good game for the tank, defense was a complete mess though. I'll say it again, I need to see an updated "best lines in hockey" chart hehe, the amount of points these guys have scored since the break has been unreal.

Now, what the heck is going on between Slaf and Matheson?? You could see Slaf getting frustrated and beaver tailing during that last PP. The crazy thing is that, as a LD, the quick no look or fake slapper pass to Slaf should be a no-brainer play. I just don't get it.
Looks like Matheson does'nt want to pass to Slaf. It can't just be that he does'nt see him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why not? Because we are fighting for a wild card spot? Because Anderson and his 22 career powerplay points needs the time? Or Pearson who is likely out of the league next year? Can't forget about Gallagher who's no longer NHL capable.
Because we aren’t fighting for a wild card spot.

He’s only up because of injury. MSL isnt going to put him ahead of vets right now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Newhook is looking good. Roy could use some extra ice time too.
That line was complete shit. Newhook was not on his game at all. He wasn't skating freely and that long layoff caught up to him. I was expecting it last game but well you saw it...
The Mighty Ducks who turned it around and shit on the Senaturds. :eek3:

Reactions: Runner77 and Pomee

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Despite the loss and the goals difference it was still a relatively entertaining game. As i sais in the GDT winning is good for the confidence and losing is good for the tank. The most important thing is that the kids keep producing and improving. The rest is secondary

And MSL is getting some heat for not implementing a defensive system but under Therrien or Julien we would still have lost something like 5-2 but most of us would have fallen asleep vy the 2nd period. At least there is an element of entertainment in the losses. Long term we'll have to fix this but short term it doesn't really matter imho.
What impressed me the most is that we keep playing until the final whistle.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Because we aren’t fighting for a wild card spot.

He’s only up because of injury. MSL isnt going to put him ahead of vets right now.
I see, makes sense to develop important vets like Pearson/Gallagher/Anderson and call up a random plug like Roy as a filler in a lost season. The vets f***ing suck. I'm not even asking him to play ahead of a guy like Newhook, just to play him on that 2nd wave PP. Why not just send him to Laval at this point if you don't want him to succeed offensively?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad