We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
1708053090233.gif

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I see, makes sense to develop important vets like Pearson/Gallagher/Anderson and call up a random plug like Roy as a filler in a lost season. The vets f***ing suck. I'm not even asking him to play ahead of a guy like Newhook, just to play him on that 2nd wave PP. Why not just send him to Laval at this point if you don't want him to succeed offensively?
Easing him in is probably better for him at this stage. Less responsibility and better integration with teammates. This season doesn’t matter anyway.

Roy will be in the top six eventually. There’s no rush.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
We are still missing 2 top 6 forwards once Dach comes back.
Roy and Newhook feel like 3rd liners on a contender.
I think I agree. I hope we take a forward with our 1st this year to eventually fill one of those gaps. Newhook or Roy might be able to develop into a complementary piece alongside a strong duo to make a solid second line though with Dach and a guy like Lindstrom/Iginla/Catton (if they reach their potential).

Reactions: Habs13 and McGees

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Easing him in is probably better for him at this stage. Less responsibility and better integration with teammates. This season doesn’t matter anyway.

Roy will be in the top six eventually. There’s no rush.
You ease a player in with easy minutes such as PP minutes. I'm not disputing his 5v5 usage and I'm aware he's going to get chances soon.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Worst part of watching a game is after loses conference by Habs coach, and players. always repeat the same clichés, in both language. The tone voice of the coach is so sorry, sounds he's mourning, always some kind of mumble. I like when they go back to the studio talk, they talk 'normaly' and we can get the analyses of what happened. I don't expect from the coach to explain anything.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
You bring a Zegras and a Guentzel in and pouf, contender team with Armia/Ylo/Gally/Pearson out and Beck on 4th line to ease him in. But it would cost...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Worst part of watching a game is after loses conference by Habs coach, and players. always repeat the same clichés, in both language. The tone voice of the coach is so sorry, sounds he's mourning, always some kind of mumble. I like when they go back to the studio talk, they talk 'normaly' and we can get the analyses of what happened. I don't expect from the coach to explain anything.
I made sure not to watch this one. :laugh:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
At least we know now the limits of Monty. This is his worst game. But not 10 or 12 goals. In this game, Monty stopped everything after goal 7.
We see where Kova would be a servicable 7th D and Xhekaj needs to step up his D game to stay on the 3rd pair. That def needs experience and they got shown tonight what speed and offensive zone domination is. The parts are good, but the Rangers really put the boot.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was surprised like hell when they posted it was Zibanejad's fourth 3 point game this season.
He actually has fewer points than Suzuki.
It pretty much confirms what I've been saying about Nick who only has one 3 point affair.
He is super consistent he just needs more of those multi-point games to reach that PPG level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad