Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Apparently if FIFA goes through with this Club World Cup thing, Manchester United and Liverpool will be invited along with every other team that has won 3 European Cups. They will be given a payment of 100m too.

So that would be RM, Inter, Ajax, Liverpool, Milan, Barcelona, United, Bayern.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For Liverpool to win:

- They have to score first
- They can't go into extra time
- They have to score more than once.

I think there will be a 15-25 minute period of the game where Liverpool get Madrid on the ropes. LFC need to finish them off during that time period.

Of course I could be wrong. Everytime I go over this game in my head I see Liverpool going up 2-0, Ronaldo getting one back and then Ramos scoring a late header off a dead ball to get it tied up. As outlined about I don't think that is a good scenario to Liverpool. Liverpool can't look back on this game and know that they had the chance to get it to 3-0 but couldn't do it. That may sound silly to say but they need to bury Madrid if they get the chance. It's that simple.

As I said before the season started, two of the only teams I didn't want to play were the ones based in Madrid. That being said, Liverpool has gotten better since then. They dont have as much man power as they should but they will be fresh.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Despite being a Chelsea fan, I'll be pulling for Liverpool here. I can't stand Real Madrid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How can this be suggested after their bitter encounters in the mid 2000's?
Real Madrid winning yet again is unpalatable. I don't like Liverpool at all, but they have already made it to the final which is a big accomplishment in itself.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For Liverpool to win:

- They have to score first
- They can't go into extra time
- They have to score more than once.

I think there will be a 15-25 minute period of the game where Liverpool get Madrid on the ropes. LFC need to finish them off during that time period.

Of course I could be wrong. Everytime I go over this game in my head I see Liverpool going up 2-0, Ronaldo getting one back and then Ramos scoring a late header off a dead ball to get it tied up. As outlined about I don't think that is a good scenario to Liverpool. Liverpool can't look back on this game and know that they had the chance to get it to 3-0 but couldn't do it. That may sound silly to say but they need to bury Madrid if they get the chance. It's that simple.

As I said before the season started, two of the only teams I didn't want to play were the ones based in Madrid. That being said, Liverpool has gotten better since then. They dont have as much man power as they should but they will be fresh.

Liverpool will win if RM allows them to play their game. It is pretty much as simple as that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I feel literally the exact opposite. Chelsea the most, then Arsenal, then Tottenham who have never been our rivals.
Something about Chelsea's dysfunctionality appealed to me.

The other two i have been over and don't care to go over it again.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
With Kroos starting to get his form from last season Modric being well still best over midfielder I can't see how Liverpool midfield is going to cope Real Madrids midfield. Yes Liverpool have a better attack upfront with both defense being shaky at best. This game will be won in midfield where Real Madrid has a big advantage.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
With Kroos starting to get his form from last season Modric being well still best over midfielder I can't see how Liverpool midfield is going to cope Real Madrids midfield. Yes Liverpool have a better attack upfront with both defense being shaky at best. This game will be won in midfield where Real Madrid has a big advantage.

Same way they coped with every other midfield. They will not have room to think, and with how clinical Liverpool has become, it just takes one mistake. Obviously those players are extremely press resistant, but it only takes the one chance of being caught upfield.

I think the game will hinge on whether or not Lovren plays well. If he plays his best, Liverpool's defense will limit chances very much, that's what they do when he plays his best. If he doesn't it will go badly.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Same way they coped with every other midfield. They will not have room to think, and with how clinical Liverpool has become, it just takes one mistake. Obviously those players are extremely press resistant, but it only takes the one chance of being caught upfield.

I think the game will hinge on whether or not Lovren plays well. If he plays his best, Liverpool's defense will limit chances very much, that's what they do when he plays his best. If he doesn't it will go badly.
If your hoping for Lovren to play well then you know your chances are not that good. No better players under pressure then Kroos and Modric. The footballing brain is what separates those two from other great technically gifted midfielders. Also Varane can cover for more mistakes then any other CB in the world. Casemiro is the guy Liverpool will have to expose as he is prone to mistakes when pressured. I'm guessing Casemiro will start but Zidane did start Kovacic in the second leg vs Bayern as he is much better at handling pressure but not as good defensively in breaking up plays so it will be interesting what Zidane will do. I'm guessing it will be Kroos Modric Cassemiro and Isco in midfield.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Van Dijk is just an absolute monster. For that reason, I pick Liverpool.

Keep in mind that objectively I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to football and teams that aren't chelsea.

Except with Willian. That guy sucks and is now a :eek::eek::eek::eek: too. Always knew it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
While I'm obviously biased, I'd start Kovačić rather than Casemiro, for the reasons stated above. Anyway, this will be the biggest test for Liverpool yet, while they have the clear advantage on the bench, where I rate Klopp quite a bit higher than Zizou, the guys in the midfield - Modrić being the brains of the operation - are just on another level compared to what Liverpool faced thus far. Not to mention the clinical finisher up front in Ronaldo. It will be tough sledding for LFC to beat them in a one-off game.

Personally, I dislike both teams, however, due to having Modrić on the team I am more inclined to wish a Madrid win as he is my favorite footballer at the moment and joins the pantheon of Zvone Boban, Rhino, Maldini, Nesta, van Basten and Baresi as my all time favorites.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kovacic should start over Casemiro, but I'm pretty sure he won't thankfully. Also Lovren plays well in big games. Wijnaldum will be the one causing RM's midfield fits.

Should be an entertaining game though.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool need to put up an insane tempo, can't give the RM midfield time to even blink. If they fail with that it's over but Liverpool are more than capable of doing that and give the likes of Modric and Kroos a very tough game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad