Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn't comment on that. To answer your question, specific to Messi, yes and no. Of course both answers are the case. Generally though I'd say he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt more than he does. Still I think most calls made as regards him being fouled are correct.

And with your prior post, saying Roma got calls proves your point false.
I mean I think you are being needlessly punchy here. People think Barca and Madrid get calls. The two teams certainly say that about each other. That's my point. It's not even a negative. You are just deflecting here.

Everyone gets calls everyone doesnt get calls. That's soccer.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, you aren't so sure. If you actually watch every match and keep it all in perspective you'd know that certain decisions that favor a club, like Barça, get blown out of proportion while other decisions that go against Barça are completely ignored. If you polled people and asked the two biggest decisions that Barça received in the last decade in the Champion's League they'd cite two very specific ties. Yet in one of those ties every call that Barça didn't get wouldn't be acknowledged. In fact one of those ties was at worst dead even in terms of calls going in favor of each side, yet few (though it should be noted there are a few on this very forum who fall into this category) either know the rules or put it all into the context of the entire tie. As for the other tie, it kept Barça from likely winning the CL which would have meant back-to-back wins and all other tournaments being the same actually three wins in a row. If someone actually thinks that Barça get as many or more calls than Madrid in whatever period you're referring to then they're either ignorant, biased or both.

It's hilarious that someone actually sees both sets of supporters as exactly the same when in my experience it's not remotely the case. And this is coming from someone who has actually seen La Liga matches live and has interacted with numerous Cules and Madridistas for nearly two decades.

This is rich coming from the supporter of a club that has had more calls in 2-3 matches in this year's CL than we've probably had all tournament.

Let me guess...

Madridistas = bad
Cules = good

That's how it works with you, right? Seriously man, you and @Duchene2MacKinnon waste so much energy trying to blast Madrid, it is kind of sad.

I mean, I dislike Barca a lot and want them to lose, but I don't care THAT much about them. Little brother's syndrome much?

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Let me guess...

Madridistas = bad
Cules = good

That's how it works with you, right? Seriously man, you and @Duchene2MacKinnon waste so much energy trying to blast Madrid, it is kind of sad.

I am mean, I dislike Barca a lot and want them to lose, but I don't care THAT much about them. Little brother's syndrome much?

Don’t bother. The bias is too much from them, it’s not worth it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is rich coming from the supporter of a club that has had more calls in 2-3 matches in this year's CL than we've probably had all tournament.

That has a lot to do with Barcelona not being in the tournament long enough. There were multiple at Camp Nou that went against Roma, but it's irrelevant because they advanced anyway.

Reactions: YNWA14

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Let me guess...

Madridistas = bad
Cules = good

I mean, I dislike Barca a lot and want them to lose, but I don't care THAT much about them. Little brother's syndrome much?

Actually no, I know a cool Madridista. Most though are really sad. I mean can you believe that there are actually Madridistas out there whose favorite player is Bale? TF?

This coming from the guy who before has had to come in and just have a laugh at Barça losing or going out. You should never be calling myself or @Duchene2MacKinnon sad.

That has a lot to do with Barcelona not being in the tournament long enough. There were multiple at Camp Nou that went against Roma, but it's irrelevant because they advanced anyway.

Doubtful. I can't comment on the match you referenced, but I would guess it went both ways. Either way, it's beside the point. Savant's point was that the "teams with the most superstars", the biggest clubs which he cited as Barça, Madrid and United under Ferguson, get the calls. Yet both your lot and Roma, the latter being a team he cited, both also got calls which disproves his point.

Well this is just being purposely obtuse; though any time there might be any slight against Barcelona this becomes the case.

No, it actually proves my point, something you're incapable of doing as you've demonstrated year after year.

Yeah. And he didn't even quote me back for a response!

:facepalm: Seriously? The number of times I'm not quoted back... As if it actually makes a difference and you failed to reply now anyway.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Actually no, I know a cool Madridista. Most though are really sad. I mean can you believe that there are actually Madridistas out there whose favorite player is Bale? TF?

This coming from the guy who before has had to come in and just have a laugh at Barça losing or going out. You should never be calling myself or @Duchene2MacKinnon sad.

Doubtful. I can't comment on the match you referenced, but I would guess it went both ways. Either way, it's beside the point. Savant's point was that the "teams with the most superstars", the biggest clubs which he cited as Barça, Madrid and United under Ferguson, get the calls. Yet both your lot and Roma, the latter being a team he cited, both also got calls which disproves his point.

No, it actually proves my point, something you're incapable of doing as you've demonstrated year after year.

:facepalm: Seriously? The number of times I'm not quoted back... As if it actually makes a difference and you failed to reply now anyway.
Because I wasnt notified! I do have work during the week you know :)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Because I wasnt notified! I do have work during the week you know :)

C'mon... Like you wouldn't be checking this thread anyway. I don't bother with notifications myself and I 99.9 times out of 100 do quote. Anyway, good to know at least one other person here has a job. Maybe we need to switch industries though if we can't post here all day.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
C'mon... Like you wouldn't be checking this thread anyway. I don't bother with notifications myself and I 99.9 times out of 100 do quote. Anyway, good to know at least one other person here has a job. Maybe we need to switch industries though if we can't post here all day.
Agreed. Thats why we are friends.

Reactions: les Habs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well you should have taken whatever crazy offer I was throwing at you for Marcos Llorente. Glad you didn't.
Agreed. Although, when i picked Llorente it was before he went to Madrid. when is the next draft? We should squeeze us what we can before the World Cup methinks. Just dont get like 20 people again. That was ridiculous

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Agreed. Although, when i picked Llorente it was before he went to Madrid. when is the next draft? We should squeeze us what we can before the World Cup methinks. Just dont get like 20 people again. That was ridiculous

I was actually thinking we should do it after the World Cup. As long as it could take it might bleed into the World Cup and then it becomes more difficult.

As for the group, I wouldn't want to say some can join and some can't. I also think the more the more challenging it is. We could do simultaneous groups, but I don't like that idea because one gets ahead of the other. We'll see. We may not have so much interest anyway. It was only 13 guys last time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think doing it before or during the World Cup might actually be beneficial. People check the board a lot during those times.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think doing it before or during the World Cup might actually be beneficial. People check the board a lot during those times.
This is what I was thinking too.

10-12 is a fine number of participants.
10 hour time clocks, must pick after trading into a pick; what were the other rules?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Let me guess...

Madridistas = bad
Cules = good

I detest Madrid always will... would rather any other team win than them. Probably more than I want Barca to succeed loool

Don’t bother. The bias is too much from them, it’s not worth it.

It's clear there's a disconnect about what I'm saying and by the looks of it @les Habs as well and what you two among others. No one is saying Barca doesn't get calls that ludicrous. What I have an issue regarding this board mainly (its an on going on) is that people refuse to acknowledge the calls against barca. That whole Uefalona garbage was almost unbearable... on here. Sometimes pure fabrication of stuff.

Barca do get calls in their favour nobody has argued against that. What I and i'm certain LH is saying is the degree in which these calls happen.

Also Madrid the past 2/3 years was highway robbery at times nothing I've seen like it TBH.

Reactions: les Habs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, Barca/PSG beat all records. That was complete robbery.
But yes, Real somehow is allowed to have a huge advantage year after year. Only two or three non Barca fans have said it. BluesFan and LITN I think.
Others are saying "it's OK, there was a little foul", or "it's OK, refs don't always call that", etc... Unbearable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad