RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Dobson reminds of me a right handed Klefbom. I don't see the elite ceiling but #2D is still very good. Both players were/are very raw during their draft years. What you can expect from them is 25-35 points a year in their prime but nothing otherworldly like 50+ points
I really don’t see how you see Klefbom in him, either, or where these limits are coming from...

I don’t know who I’d compare him to. He does everything very well. Who in the NHL is rock solid defensively, incredibly intelligent in both ends, has a great pass and offensive instincts, and just “good” skating? That’s who I’d compare him to, and I fully expect that 40 points will be his floor for about a decade.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
From what I’ve seen of Dobson and it’s been a fair amount, he’s got huge upside. He’s not a pure dynamic offensive player but I think that’s because of the style he plays and how committed he is to both ends of the ice. He’s a big kid, height wise but isn’t very thick yet and should be able to put on a lot of weight. When I’ve seen his frame without the hockey gear on, I can easily see him putting on a lot of strength and playing at 210-215. He’s currently at about 180. He’s a very efficient player on the ice, good in both ends, makes smart decisions with the puck and puts up offence. He’s got upside to be a #1 dman, if not I think he’d settle in as a real nice #2. To me his game is so safe that his floor is that of a #4 dman, obviously it’s hard to talk into definitives with guys his age but he’s going to be a pro and a real good one for a long time.

I think when all is said and done, he’s going to finish in my top 5 for prospects this year. He’s grown exponentially since the start of his rookie year and has taken his game to another level even this year. Sky seems to be the limit for him.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I've watched Dobson quite a bit as well. To me he seems to be a very adaptable kid. Whatever role he's asked to play he's going to play it at a very high level. I think his ceiling will rely on the coaching. If he lands on an offensively explosive team expect him to join in. If drafted by a more conservative team he will no doubt round out his game on the second/third pairing while putting on weight and getting used to the speed and size of the opposing players. He'll get there but I don't expect him to explode onto the NHL scene.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I love the way he defends. He doesn’t just flip the puck out or throw it off the boards when under pressure. He turns his body to protect the puck and buy an extra second and makes an intelligent pass to a teammate. He’s great when the puck is on his sick. Definitely needs to get stronger for corner battles, but as mentioned before, he will fill out.

For the people drooling about Bouchard’s offensive numbers, Noah wasn’t far behind and he doesn’t stand around and watch the play go by him defensively.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He has a booming slap shot from the point that reminds me of a slap shot version of paraykos writer. It looks like it's slow, then just zips to the back of the net.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I see a lot of Noah Hanifin in his game. Excellent skater with a high IQ in all 3 zones.

Indeed, both Noah's do play a similar game. Hanifin might be a little more powerful, although Dobson should gain some strenght. IQ wise i think Dobson might have the edge but too early to tell. I like the comparison.

Reactions: 99664987

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Really looks like he's potentially that prototype two way #1 defenceman, don't understand why people question his upside. I have him as the second best defence man in the draft (with Hughes close) and a top 5 overall prospect

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Really looks like he's potentially that prototype two way #1 defenceman, don't understand why people question his upside. I have him as the second best defence man in the draft (with Hughes close) and a top 5 overall prospect

People are scared of Q defencemen, that’s the only reason.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I’m hoping you guys get Dahlin, as I’d rather see him in Detroit than anywhere except maybe Edmonton - just because the Internet would blow up - but if not, I think Dobson would be a fantastic fit with the Red Wings.

Ottawa and edmonton in house watching Evan Bouchard
will be interesting

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Quietest top 5 pick of a draft ever?

Whoever takes Bouchard over Dobson will have made a grave mistake.

Why is that?

I’m trying to learn about the next tier of D in the draft since the Canucks are trying their hardest to avoid drafting Dahlin with a late season surge.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
How did he play outside of the QMJHL? He looks fantastic playing in QMJHL but it's also the weakest Canadian league

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
How did he play outside of the QMJHL? He looks fantastic playing in QMJHL but it's also the weakest Canadian league

Laughable comment at best. Sure the league doesn’t have the same depth as the OHL or WHL top to bottom but the high end talent is absolutely as good. Dobson consistently plays the best players and dominates, there’s no concerns on how his skill set transfers.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
He was awesome at the Hlinka tournament. Always rushed into the offensive zone with so much confidence and was able to get back in his zone and cause problems for the opposing teams attack.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Idk why people say this, it's just a different style. Easier to score in, sure, but there are great players in every league. So even if the Q is a tad worse than the Dub or OHL, it doesn't really make a difference.

Three assists in the Hlinka isn't bad tho

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I really don’t see how you see Klefbom in him, either, or where these limits are coming from...

I don’t know who I’d compare him to. He does everything very well. Who in the NHL is rock solid defensively, incredibly intelligent in both ends, has a great pass and offensive instincts, and just “good” skating? That’s who I’d compare him to, and I fully expect that 40 points will be his floor for about a decade.
Its so overused at this point, but Pietrangelo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3