RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If the canucks pick himi 2nd, I would be with everyone else telling you it was wrong pick

That’s fine. When we drafted boeser it was the “wrong” pick, when we drafted horvat it was the “wrong” pick when we drafted Pettersson it was the “wrong” pick, just saying I wouldn’t mind him at 2, that said the Canucks will absolutely not choose him at 2 just like how I said Canucks will not select vilardi at 5 like 500 times.

I do like boqvist a lot.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That’s fine. When we drafted boeser it was the “wrong” pick, when we drafted horvat it was the “wrong” pick when we drafted Pettersson it was the “wrong” pick, just saying I wouldn’t mind him at 2, that said the Canucks will absolutely not choose him at 2 just like how I said Canucks will not select vilardi at 5 like 500 times.

I do like boqvist a lot.

I think it's cute you skip over the most obvious examples for your argument - Virtanen and Juolevi - while naming the picks maybe 5% of fans had a legimitate problem with.

Keep it up.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
My prediction is the Canucks pick 8-10 and have no chance at Boqvist
We cant pick 10th and the odds for us to pick 9th are 2%. So realistically its 6-8 for us which could be in the Boqvist range , the problem is out of all the consensus top ten players he's the one player that is difficult to gauge where he'll go. He could go anywhere from 4 to out of the top 10 in my opinion

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We cant pick 10th and the odds for us to pick 9th are 2%. So realistically its 6-8 for us which could be in the Boqvist range , the problem is out of all the consensus top ten players he's the one player that is difficult to gauge where he'll go. He could go anywhere from 4 to out of the top 10 in my opinion
ok sure ... 6-9 then ... good job arguing the point though.
  • 1st overall: 7.5%
  • 2nd overall: 7.8%
  • 3rd overall: 8%
  • 6th overall: 16.3%
  • 7th overall: 38.9%
  • 8th overall: 19.4%
  • 9th overall: 2.1 %

Reactions: TheCoach

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think it's cute you skip over the most obvious examples for your argument - Virtanen and Juolevi - while naming the picks maybe 5% of fans had a legimitate problem with.

Keep it up.

very cute, as this is the style of hfboards.com, they cherry pick certain things, and in return I will do the same. Just like earlier some users were saying out right and very proudly that they didn't like our Virtanen and Juolevi picks ups, but like our Pettersson draft out right ignoring the Boeser pick. Mind boggling.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Can this thread please get back on topic? Any insight into why Boqvist hasn’t produced at the SHL level? He’s statististically pretty far behind where Erik Brannstrom and Timothy Liljegren were a year ago despite being a much more hyped prospect.

Reactions: TheMule93

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Can this thread please get back on topic? Any insight into why Boqvist hasn’t produced at the SHL level? He’s statististically pretty far behind where Erik Brannstrom and Timothy Liljegren were a year ago despite being a much more hyped prospect.

The pre draft SHL sample size for all three is pretty small, but especially so in Boqvist's case. He only played 15 SHL games, and when he did play he didn't get a lot of minutes. I think what makes him more hyped than those guys is the obvious potential he shows when he does get a lot of ice time, with his skating and his shot.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

He averaged about 7 minutes per game, whereas Brännström had close to 12 minutes per game last year. If you take a look at his ice time, he really got a decent shot in 3 or 4 games. That being said it was a combination of circumstance (Brynäs had like 8 or 9 defensemen under contract including Boqvist), and the fact that he didn't really knock it out of the park in the SHL when he did play.

He had a really up and down, all over the place year. They struggled to find an appropriate level for him to play at. The loan to Almtuna was good, IMO, but he was only there for 7 games. Otherwise he was left to pointlessly rend SuperElit asunder, or play hardly any minutes in Brynäs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It would be best for his development to come to London next year and dominate the CHL.
I know you're joking, but what would be best for him is to do a full season in the SHL next season, then do a full season in the AHL, and then in his D+2 year, join the NHL.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007

maybe because he's almost a full year younger than most prospects from this draft?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

I don't know about that. Liljegren had 5 points in 19 games (and 1 in 5 games in Allsvenskan), Brännström 6 points in 33 games. We're talking about a handful of points here, which can pretty easily be explained by more games played, more icetime and Liljegren also being more physically developed. SHL points for guys this young, especially d-men, are pretty pointless to look at anyway. Look at Klingberg and Karlsson vs. Kylington, Rundblad, Larsson as an example.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
after what really was an odd and sometimes uninspiring year, combined with a sub par 5 Nations, Boqvist is another who needs to have an excellent u18 WC.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I know you're joking, but what would be best for him is to do a full season in the SHL next season, then do a full season in the AHL, and then in his D+2 year, join the NHL.
That would be his D+3. Your draft season culminates in your draft (or to be more specific, your first time being eligible for the NHL draft).

Draft year: 2017-18
D+1: 2018-19
D+2: 2019-20
D+3: 2020-21

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
He averaged about 7 minutes per game, whereas Brännström had close to 12 minutes per game last year. If you take a look at his ice time, he really got a decent shot in 3 or 4 games. That being said it was a combination of circumstance (Brynäs had like 8 or 9 defensemen under contract including Boqvist), and the fact that he didn't really knock it out of the park in the SHL when he did play.

He had a really up and down, all over the place year. They struggled to find an appropriate level for him to play at. The loan to Almtuna was good, IMO, but he was only there for 7 games. Otherwise he was left to pointlessly rend SuperElit asunder, or play hardly any minutes in Brynäs.

He went from 2nd pair to sheltered 3rd pair in Almtuna rather quickly. Even in his 1st game when Leman got ejected they didn’t give him more minutes. The 2nd loan he was straight 3rd pair. When those who get to see him closest don’t really rate him, you have to wonder.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

He ought to show he can compete against men at any level before they even think about taking him to the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad