RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018
I see. And in that 5-7 mins of ice time, you (who have watched all the games) have derived that he is in fact worthy of being a top 3 pick?
I was at the 5 Nations tournament and he got plenty of ice time in which he did nothing. You can not argue with that.
I'm sorry, but I did not say I had seen him play in my post.

I was simply pointing out that it is unfair to judge him by his SHL play because he has not been given opportunities.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
5 Nations stat line.....
4 Games
0 goals
1 assist
1 point
Is this where we celebrate his skill and dominance?

So you watched one tournament where Boqvist in your opinion didn't play well and now you want to let everyone know how bad you think he is. Good stuff man.

He was dominant at the Ivan Hlinka and he's been dominant in juniors. Pretty much every expert and scouting service has him as a top8 pick.

What do you know that these guys don't? How many games have you watched of him in Sweden? Did you watch him at the Hlinka? For how long have you been following Boqvist? Did you watch him last year at all?

I would love to hear about your resume and what it is that you think qualifies you to be so vocal in your opinion about this player. It's actually pretty hard to take someone who bashes a player repeatedly and with very little substance behind those posts seriously.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Boqvist is a talented kid, with a ton of upside (perhaps one of the highest in the draft), and a late-birthday as well, but I also think he is one of the bigger boom (could end up being a top 3 guy in his draft class) or bust guys, and one of those picks that would scare me a little taking him top 5. That being said he is still a top 10 pick to me, but picked in that 7-10 range.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Boqvist is a talented kid, with a ton of upside (perhaps one of the highest in the draft), and a late-birthday as well, but I also think he is one of the bigger boom (could end up being a top 3 guy in his draft class) or bust guys, and one of those picks that would scare me a little taking him top 5. That being said he is still a top 10 pick to me, but picked in that 7-10 range.

To be fair though, a lot of these dmen ranked 4-8 are quite boom-bust to varying degrees. Boqvist, Hughes, bouchard all have sky-high potential but have significant risk attached. Boouchard is probably the safest but has the lowest ceiling of the 3 imo whereas its the opposite for boqvist. Dobson is probably the safest bet of the 4 top-10 rated dmen but id give him the lowest ceiling.

I think teams in full-rebuild like arizona, canucks, sabres probably go for a guy like boqvist/hughes whereas teams needing more immediate and guaranteed help like montreal and edmonton go for dobson/bouchard.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Wait a minute. I did say he was a good player. My opinion is that he is rated very highly, and because of that he falls under greater scrutiny.
I have watched him play live 4 games at 5 Nations.
I watched a couple Hlinka games.
Resume? I hardly think anyone on here is actually qualified (whatever that means) to dissect a player. We are fans. That’s it.
I think he’s good, but hasn’t proven his greatness to me.
Simple.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I was at the 5 Nations and I thought Boqvist was very good. The fact that he played solid defense and was covering up for a lot of Lundkvist's mistakes and was able to hold his own in front of the net and in corners simply bolstered his reputation.

I'm as big a stats guy as anyone, and sure you want a consensus top five pick to dominate the stat sheet. But he's already doing that at the J20. He's a dynamic player who garners the most attention from the opponent than any other Swede. He's capable of making plays every shift and other teams know that.

Special player.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Wait a minute. I did say he was a good player. My opinion is that he is rated very highly, and because of that he falls under greater scrutiny.
I have watched him play live 4 games at 5 Nations.
I watched a couple Hlinka games.
Resume? I hardly think anyone on here is actually qualified (whatever that means) to dissect a player. We are fans. That’s it.
I think he’s good, but hasn’t proven his greatness to me.
Simple.

Well, when you repeatedly bash a player I'd expect a bit of substance behind it. Something to back it up. It's one thing if you go into a thread and make one post about you not liking a player or thinking he's rated too highly. That's okay, even though it's not very constructive. Even better if you go into a thread and say that you don't like a player and explain why with solid reasoning behind it. You're doing neither of those things. I see you in several threads just straight up bashing players in multiple posts for no apparent reason. It adds zero value to the discussion and is frankly just annoying to read.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Who are you? The thread police?
I didn’t bash. I put forth that he is over rated By my standards.
He’s Over rated
Like Kupari
Like Kotkaniemi
Like Tkachuk
Like Noel
Like Kaut

Not under rated like
Veleno
Merkley
McBain
Foudy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He’s Over rated
Like Kupari
Like Kotkaniemi
Like Tkachuk
Like Noel
Like Kaut

Not under rated like
Veleno
Merkley
McBain
Foudy

Okay so you have some strong opinions on certain players. Why not make some more fleshed out posts and provide more context to why you feel a certain way about these prospects? What's the point of just making blanket statements? I don't get it.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
He’s Over rated
Like Kupari
Like Kotkaniemi
Like Tkachuk
Like Noel
Like Kaut

Not under rated like
Veleno
Merkley
McBain
Foudy

Is it possible that you haven't had the chance to actually watch the players that you list as overrated?

Because if you haven't actually seen them play properly, how come you have such strong opinions about these guys?

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
The only ones I haven’t watched live in person are Kupari and Kaut.
Watched Kupari in Hlinka and a number of other opportunities.
Kaut has been mostly snippets.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Out of the Brynas games i have watched in SHL he just looked so lost out there. This is just weird. Better to take a player that deserves his spot.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This is just a practice opportunity for the key guys ahead of the U18 WC. Boqvist won’t play more than a handful of minutes in these games.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
But isn't it better to take a look at a player that actually has a shot of making the WHC team then?

There are very few players available with a real shot of making the team and they play more than enough practice games so they can watch them all anyway.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Always something to complain about, eh :sarcasm: ?
Not really complaining just found it really out of character especially with Grönborg who normally has a fondness for 7ft tall guys with limited skill and lots of grit.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
It is ofc just about giving Ginning and Boqvist some experince from this level nothing more than that, which can be good in the long run. It also makes it more fun to watch the games, if they actually will get some minuts.

Not sure which youngster (not counting Dahlin) that is left out and that is available that would have even a remotly realistic shoot at the final team? Lucas Carlsson?Elvenes and J Boqvist could have also got a shoot, they have shown more.

But i like that they did go young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad