RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

I didn't watch the Five Nations tournament myself but just looking at this shift-by-shift vs Finland Boqvist played very well. His defensive play in particular is looking real good. Reading situations perfectly, really active stick that he's using to his utmost advantage and he also showed a willingness to engage physically, even if he's not that strong at the moment, but that's something you like to see from a smaller guy. Gap control is good too. I really have no questions about him being able to translate his game to the NHL. He's got it all. Exceptional mobility and hockey IQ to go along with his hands and shot. He's going to be a good one. I have him #3 on my list. This kid is special, you North Americans who question his production will see in due time :)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Scored vs Slovakia

The games is only on cmore hockey??

Edit: Olle Liss got the goal

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

I didn't watch the Five Nations tournament myself but just looking at this shift-by-shift vs Finland Boqvist played very well. His defensive play in particular is looking real good. Reading situations perfectly, really active stick that he's using to his utmost advantage and he also showed a willingness to engage physically, even if he's not that strong at the moment, but that's something you like to see from a smaller guy. Gap control is good too. I really have no questions about him being able to translate his game to the NHL. He's got it all. Exceptional mobility and hockey IQ to go along with his hands and shot. He's going to be a good one. I have him #3 on my list. This kid is special, you North Americans who question his production will see in due time :)

Tbh I would think he'd be a little more dominant for u18. Not saying he played poorly, thought he was great defensively and was good at causing turnovers for a rush the other way. He just didn't seem as great as a top 5 pick would be at taking the puck up. Thought he didn't create as many chances as he could have. I do like him as a player though, just didn't think he had a great game offensively.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Tbh I would think he'd be a little more dominant for u18. Not saying he played poorly, thought he was great defensively and was good at causing turnovers for a rush the other way. He just didn't seem as great as a top 5 pick would be at taking the puck up. Thought he didn't create as many chances as he could have. I do like him as a player though, just didn't think he had a great game offensively.

Not every player is dominant every game, or even every tournament. I don't know why people would question him. To me it's very positive to see him play so well defensively. Everyone should already know how good he is offensively and it shouldn't even be a concern going forward. I bet if he was super dominant offensively in that tournament people would instead say "Oh, but he can't defend". Just can't win if you're a smallish d-man I guess.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Of course, he played a game maybe a bit above his league. But to be fair, how many 17-year-old d-men have you seen being dominant offensively in the debut in their national team. Name one and I would be surprised…

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
How has he played on NA sheet surface
?
just a drastic difference in room out there...which always is concerning with european players

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Of course, he played a game maybe a bit above his league. But to be fair, how many 17-year-old d-men have you seen being dominant offensively in the debut in their national team. Name one and I would be surprised…
Debuting at the age of 17 for a u18 is different though. It's a lot easier to do. I would refer to Dahlin being the best player at the wjc Imo, but his first debut internationally was in his d-2 year.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Not every player is dominant every game, or even every tournament. I don't know why people would question him. To me it's very positive to see him play so well defensively. Everyone should already know how good he is offensively and it shouldn't even be a concern going forward. I bet if he was super dominant offensively in that tournament people would instead say "Oh, but he can't defend". Just can't win if you're a smallish d-man I guess.
No, no-one would say he can't defend unless he really messed up in his d-zone. I'm saying in a lot of those situations I saw him in the video, he could've made a better play to promote offense. I am usually less harsh on smaller defensemen.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I have tried to make a point to watch him more recently, because I didn't watch a whole lot of him other than the international competition and highlights up until the last month and a half or so, and his defensive game looks better than it did when I previously watched him.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He created the most scoring chances at the tournament. I don't know what more you want.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
My prediction is the canucks draft him and immediately everyone on hf will call him a bust

Disagree.

No matter who we choose with exception to dhalin it would have been the wrong pick, which gives users like buretomogilny one long summer of reminding canuck fans and letting other fans know that it was the wrong choice.

But that said wouldn’t mind seeing this kid get drafted by vancouver even if it was the 2nd pick.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Disagree.

No matter who we choose with exception to dhalin it would have been the wrong pick, which gives users like buretomogilny one long summer of reminding canuck fans and letting other fans know that it was the wrong choice.

But that said wouldn’t mind seeing this kid get drafted by vancouver even if it was the 2nd pick.
If the canucks pick himi 2nd, I would be with everyone else telling you it was wrong pick

Reactions: lawrence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad