Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Honestly if the 4 on 4 is off it might be better to match Ronda up with Charlotte first.

It’s too soon to do Asuka vs Ronda when neither have gotten a good long main roster run of dominance.

Ideally you have both dominate 2018 and put them on a collision course afterward with either a roster shakeup, the next Rumble, or something else.

It'll all come down to what kind of deal Ronda is signed to. If she's going to be around for a while then you've got time to do everything eventually. But if it's just a short run then you have to pick the right matches in hopes of a second run.

I'd probably want to do the 4v4 first, then vs Charlotte, then vs Asuka. But that would assume that she's sticking around for a while and you'd get use for her afterward too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ronda probably will get a Lesnar-type deal where she only is showing up for x-number of TV’s and most PPV’s. I think she wants to make it and be real but I also am sure she doesn’t want to be out on the road.

4v4 should be a major PPV, it’s sonething you could even main event with, but that probably has to happen while Ronda is shiny and new.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
How I would do it:

Concot a trade between raw and smack down where Charlotte and Becky get moved to raw for bliss and Asuka.

Rousey shows up at the rumble (and somehow is eliminated by Becky - Asuka wins the rumble)
rousey attacks Becky on raw saved by Sasha following week second ufc women debut and attack Becky and Sasha.
Sets up a elimination chamber match between Becky/Sasha and rousey/ufc2 girl

Rousey/ufc2 wins and after the match the other 2 ufc women join in an attack on banks/ Becky

Raw comes and Becky/ banks attacked by 4 ufc women and saved by Charlotte and bayley.

Sets up 4v4 at wrestle mania which is the only show that can handle that matchup and gives the other ufc girls time to train.

Asuka wins the title at wrestlemania from bliss

Rousey vs Charlotte at summer slam where Asuka and rousey bump into each other.

Rousey wins at summer slam and we build slowly with both Asuka and rousey dominating until the following wrestlemania where they say we have beaten everyone now I want to face rousey/Asuka to show I’m the greatest.

It’s an 18month build and I’m not sure the wwe can keep it in their pants long enough but god damn would it be worth it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Didn't someone mention that 2/4 aren't training anymore and 1/4 is going to NXT meaning the 4v4 is off?

But yeah I'd do 4v4, Charlotte/Ronda then an eventual Ronda/Auska.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't someone mention that 2/4 aren't training anymore and 1/4 is going to NXT meaning the 4v4 is off?

But yeah I'd do 4v4, Charlotte/Ronda then an eventual Ronda/Auska.
Dave wrote it in the Observer. 4v4 definitely looks off for now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She might not have an official deal, but she's definitely working them. She's been at the PC.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, she isn't going to the Performance Centre everyday to train to be a wrestler without having the intent of signing some kind of deal with the WWE.

What is likely happening is that she's deciding if she wants to do a one-off 'Mania run, or sign some kind of longer deal. Once they've decided that they'll workout a contract.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently there's been no talks of Nakamura getting a title match at Wrestlemania, but there have been discussions of Cena vs. AJ for the 17th reign at Wrestlemania.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Apparently there's been no talks of Nakamura getting a title match at Wrestlemania, but there have been discussions of Cena vs. AJ for the 17th reign at Wrestlemania.

Dang... don't get me wrong it would be an amazing match because those two have great chemistry but it gives away the ending. At least with Nakamura we know he might not win the title because Vince gonna Vince.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please dear lord do not have part-timers stealing the show in WrestleMania season again. The way to get your stadiums sold out is to allow new stars to come up. Could you imagine if young John Cena got ass whipped by part timers until he was 35? :laugh:

And if they hadn't booked Roman like an idiot for a few years, this would be the perfect time to make him shine. If they slow rolled him or turned him heel first, this would be a sweet moment for him to beat Lesnar. Instead it's going to get a massive groan from all in attendance.

Since I was a 5 year old, I said I'd be a WWF fan over WCW and didn't even watch WCW. I typically like entertainment over wrestling, but ROH, NXT, and NJPW offer entertainment now and not just wrestling. I'll admit language barrier gets me for NJPW, but i'll take another long long long break from WWE and move to easier to watch programs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cena and Ronda are the two current Rumble favorites on betting sites. I don’t think that means much this far out.

I imagine Cena/AJ would absolutely be amazing at Mania I honestly don’t need to see it again this soon. Do something new for AJ.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
See the problem I have with Ronda winning the rumble is that Asuka is in it. Sure it could be a cool moment to see Ronda eliminate Asuka to win the rumble (which can later be revisited in their own feud) but still, they should have had Alexa vs Asuka at the rumble. Id be okay with Asuka winning at a big 4 PPV

Asuka should still remain this unstoppable, unbeatable force.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I know Cena/AJ would deliver at Mania but I'd rather AJ have someone new at Mania, someone else who can also put on a show with him.

If Taker is coming back just finally do Cena/Taker.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Asuka's aura is already practically gone.

Yeup, they've made her pretty boring on the main roster. I kind of wish she was used like Lesnar (but with a lot more dates). Doesn't need to wrestle on every RAW, make her appearances feel huge.

When ever I watched a Takeover and she made her entrance I knew someone was about to die!!!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wasting Cena in a Taker match is dumb. Cena can go and Taker can barely move in his matches. New hip or not, they had their chance at Taker/Cena for WM 30 and it would have been insanely awesome. They should have never ever ever ever given up the streak.

Over exposure is a mega issue with WWE. Obviously. Way too much content.
- Also horrible booking. (Royal Rumbles 2014, 15, 16)

- Putting part-timers over everyday stars is sad. It's told the fan to ignore these guys wrestling every night because the ones who only show up once every 3 months are way better! Terrible idea.

- God awful short-term thinking (CM Punk return anyone?)

- KILLING, not just poorly booking, possible great wrestlers (Nexus, Rusev, Bray, etc).

Sorry.. I needed to vent a bit. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeup, they've made her pretty boring on the main roster. I kind of wish she was used like Lesnar (but with a lot more dates). Doesn't need to wrestle on every RAW, make her appearances feel huge.

When ever I watched a Takeover and she made her entrance I knew someone was about to die!!!

She did still wrestle on the weekly shows as well though. Just because a lot of people didn’t watch weekly doesn’t mean she wasn’t used a lot.

She was never booked like Lesnar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In NXT it's only a 1-hour show, so you don't need everybody every single week. When they do tapings, which covers usually 3-4 weeks, the talent rarely works more than 2 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad