Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It took Rusev a loooooong time to get back to this. And they can pull the trigger at any time, IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rusev is like Big E. He is a legit star in the making. He’s big, he’s a hoss, he’s charismatic, he’s got good mic skills and is over. Rusev can’t be killed.

Wyatt could because while he’s a great talker, it was just nonsensical garbage that didn’t make sense because he always lost. At least Rusev has the benefit of not having a complex character and can just be goofy and funny and entertaining to make up for any losses.

at least WWE does see the value in him and aren’t having him eat any pins since this tag team began and they seem to be giving him every opportunity to keep getting over. His shirt is also back ordered, so I’m sure they see money in him. Rusev is everything Vince should love in one of his guys. Last night was the closest thing to Yes movement vibes since the Yes movement itself honestly. Not everyone can be a star right away and I’m okay with waiting — Rusev being on SD affords him the opportunity to actually hold the top title in 2018 too.

If he keeps being this over I’d say either he or Big E win MITB tbh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
See I’m ready to start giving up on Big E getting a big singles push anytime soon.

I don’t think they want to get off the New Day merch ride, and instead want to make them the undisputed greatest tag team ever.

Rusev really deserves a huge singles push and I hope it eventually happens, but I’m not holding my breath considering what company we are talking about.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Big E isn't getting a run for a long time. New Day is likely a thing for years to come and its not like...I dunno...a Wyatt Family thing where it's a clear group but Bray can go off on his own...nah. Big E, I imagine, is a tag team guy for the foreseeable future.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
New Day doesn’t need to break up for Big E to get a singles push and singles title. The act will still be great regardless even if E has the WWE Title and Kofi/Xavier are chasing or holding the tag titles.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That goes against the way WWE books. A mid card belt run? Sure. Not top belt unless they break up New Day.
Yeah but the WWE hasn’t had a team like The New Day in... ever? When has a team ever sold so much merch and been so over? It’s completely doable for The New Day imo.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah but the WWE hasn’t had a team like The New Day in... ever? When has a team ever sold so much merch and been so over? It’s completely doable for The New Day imo.

It is doable , I just don’t see this Creative staff booking that way. Another company wouldn’t hesitate, but WWE really likes to keep their divisions segmented and seperste if they can help it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah but New Day has really changed things, and in doing so, have helped elevate The Usos and the rest of the SD tag division. It’s no longer far fetched to believe SD’s tag division could main event a PPV for example, and not far fetched to believe The New Day just lasts forever, always tied together even when chasing singles gold.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When was the last time an established group in WWE had a run at the top singles title rather than a top guy getting the title then establishing a group around him? Orton? Trips?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It would be a bit of a radical idea but the idea of New Day holding the WWE Title collectively is something that would intrigue me. It’s never been done, but I’d argue there’s never been a situation like this where it could be argued that collectively, the New Day is one of the biggest acts in the company.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
She did still wrestle on the weekly shows as well though. Just because a lot of people didn’t watch weekly doesn’t mean she wasn’t used a lot.

She was never booked like Lesnar.

She wasn't on every NXT. Since it was taped she'd be on T.V what, maybe twice out of 4 shows

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't read the Observer yet, but I'm listening to the radio show. They're talking about Cena being scheduled for a headliner at WM. Not many guys available who fit the bill, other than you know who...

Oct 18, 2011
the only way i'd want to see cena and hogan in a match is if they were a tag team but you'd have to find opponents big enough to make it worthwhile.

i have said over and over Undertaker is not retired, this is WWE, they are not subtle. if he was retired they would beat us over the head with it

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't read the Observer yet, but I'm listening to the radio show. They're talking about Cena being scheduled for a headliner at WM. Not many guys available who fit the bill, other than you know who...

I think the exact wording was “bigger then AJ”

I might actively avoid Mania if it turns it to be Hogan.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
bigger than AJ in WWE terms. All of us know there's not much bigger than AJ at this point. He's the best in the world right now (imo) and easily the best in WWE

AJ deserves a big Mania match, but that's just what I want.

I'm very curious as to who AJ will face now.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
One day we'll get Seth vs AJ and I'll die a happy man.

Until then it'll probably be Jinder again or some other shit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
HHH vs Kurt Angle
John Cena vs Hulk Hogan
The Undertaker vs ....
Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton

Would be absolutely hilarious and likely end up being one of the worst WrestleMania’s ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad