Confirmed with Link: Rasmus Andersson signs ELC

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
He even looks like Doughty. Haha nah I don't really enjoy comparing players.

Andersson is just a good character guy. He seems very personable and humble, yet confident during interviews and you just get the feel that this guy is gonna be a player and knows it himself. I just love watching him control the play when he has the puck. Such a smooth skater and intelligent playmaker.

bWo*

I see this young gentleman as a number 3 defenseman on the depth chart if he hits his potential; however, If he does not live up to his full potential, I feel that his bottom end potential is a number 5 defenseman on the depth chart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I see this young gentleman as a number 3 defenseman on the depth chart if he hits his potential; however, If he does not live up to his full potential, I feel that his bottom end potential is a number 5 defenseman on the depth chart.

No way will he wear #5. No one's going to touch that number for a while even after Gio leaves.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think his likely upside if he makes the NHL is a number 3. But I don't think you can cap him there, I think because his fitness and conditioning were poor, that potentially he could end up being a #1 or 2 if he hits his max potential and works his butt off.

Let's just kind in mind that Gio even 3 years ago was largely thought of as an elite #3 on a championship team, now he's a top 10 league wide dman. Rasmus has a skillset where he could be great.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I think his likely upside if he makes the NHL is a number 3. But I don't think you can cap him there, I think because his fitness and conditioning were poor, that potentially he could end up being a #1 or 2 if he hits his max potential and works his butt off.

Let's just kind in mind that Gio even 3 years ago was largely thought of as an elite #3 on a championship team, now he's a top 10 league wide dman. Rasmus has a skillset where he could be great.

Both Brodie and Gio's potential kept going higher and higher as they continued to develop.

Gio was barely an NHL defenseman before that one year in Russia. Brodie had "max" top 4 upside during his first couple of seasons.

I kind of similarities in Gio/Andersson and Brodie/Kylington. Giordano's skating skyrocketed to elite level after coming back from Russia and rounding out his two way game.

Brodie had a lot of consistency issues (the flaw in Kylington now) and this season just went above what anyone thought he could be.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Had to come here and post about Rasmus because he has been so good in rookie camp.

Guy is legit. He is very good in the o-zone and even decent in the d-zone. A couple years of solid conditioning and gym time and he'll be a beast.

My gut tells me he'll be the next Weber/Subban/Keith ala beast #1 d-man drafted in the 2nd round. He styles his game after Doughty and you can tell when you watch him. If Andersson can be anything like Doughty, our d-core will be unfairly god like. Bring in Kylington and Hickey as well, oh lawdy.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
My gut tells me he'll be the next Weber/Subban/Keith ala beast #1 d-man drafted in the 2nd round. He styles his game after Doughty and you can tell when you watch him. If Andersson can be anything like Doughty, our d-core will be unfairly god like. Bring in Kylington and Hickey as well, oh lawdy.

Guess which pick range Andersson and Kylington fall into :naughty:

That said, I'm not sure he has the explosive coast-to-coast ability of Doughty. He actually reminds me a bit more of Wideman except more willing to walk the blueline, hopefully he's better defensively because that's still good praise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad