BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - THE BRUINS SEASON WILL NOT END TONIGHT - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

Winner of Game 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Matthews had a big game.
Marchand had a big game.
Nylander had a big game.

It’s Pasta turn.
It's going to be interesting (to say the least) to see how Pasta handles the spotlight that Monty put on him. Not listening to my heart, my head says he wilts and does the same as we've seen him do. Whether it was due to having "nobody good" to center/play with him, IMO he has to pull up his big boy pants by his manbun and man-up. Do or die, tonight's game will go a long way towards their legacy and reputation. If they win, it breaks the idea that they're "chokers" at least for now.
Monty is being outcoached as it turns out not by Keefe but by Guy Boucher and the other assistant coach (can't remember his name).
If they lose, there will be a ton of question marks and IMO many B's and sports fans in Boston will feel until we break through and win a round or two, that there's something flawed with the organization. Good enough to win in the regular season and raise hopes, only to let us down.
In 2011 the team didn't care so much about how they looked to the world only to each other and the fans. This team, I'm not sure what's going on in their heads and hearts. I can say that there's a big difference in leadership, talent, both mental and physical toughness. It shouldn't have taken Kevin (Fenway) to figure out the issue about practicing at Warrior vs. TDG.
Common sense things like this in the playoffs, looking at the whole of the
job, Montgomery should have learned this stuff from the debacle of a year ago, he hasn't. There's the quick and the dead. IMO he is not a fast learner. Same for Keefe but it appears Keefe is learning and listening.
At least his assistants have been thinking and applying what they know.

The other issue is if the Bruins eliminate the Leaf's TSN and Sports Net will spend more time evaluating the Leaf's ,than covering the rest of the Playoffs. Listening to the broadcasters pout over the Leaf loss brings me great pleasure
Schadenfreude is a German word that means "joy over some harm or misfortune suffered by another". It is a combination of the German words schaden, which means "damage" or "harm," and freude, which means "joy"

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Exactly.

Nothing new here.

Lots of us are also Red Sox fans. For us old-timers we had to live through 1986. No championship since 1918. Game 6 of the World Series. Two outs, no one on base in the 9th inning with a 2-run led. Hard to top that one.
1967 then 1975 taught me that I'd have a looooooooong wait. I was right.

Great point. Leafs all collapse in their end. Bruins can't seem to find any lanes. Pasta is shooting from out inside the blue paint. Hope they change the game plan. Bruins need to bump up the pace in both ends tonight.
Come out flying Bruins in front of the home crowd and "Git er done".
Will Pasta find his meatballs tonight?

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Game 7. We've all been here before. We don't need no education. Can't control the bounces, the shitty ice or the shittier refs. What we do have control of is effort. Win the one on one battles. Everything to the net. Pucks, bodies, empty beer cans, whatever it takes, throw everything at the Woll, don't overthink it.
Play like you want it. We don't need no thought control cause' all in all he's just another prick in the Woll.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Well I was very optimistic that the Bruins were going to win game 6 thought the Leafs on home ice would cave to the pressure like they always do ,this game I think it’s the Bruins who will cave again to the pressure at home once again.So let’s hope I’m wrong again or it’s going to make living in Leafland a nightmare for us Bruins fans.Please don’t do this to us I’m begging.lol

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
1967 then 1975 taught me that I'd have a looooooooong wait. I was right.

Will Pasta find his meatballs tonight?
Monty has to find a way to give Pasta room to manouver. Keefe will focus on him as one of the Bruins only threats lately. Also Nylander needs to be given a rough ride. Can't have these players free wheeling into the Bruin's end without getting knocked on their posterior. Marner also.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Just don't know what to expect tonight - neither team has a history of coming up big in elimination games

Bs need to come out like they did in game 1- apply pressure, take the body and pin the Leafs in their d- zone. And by doing this get - what will be a nervous crowd- into the game.

The longer the game goes without the Bs scoring the higher the pressure builds. Need a depth forward to step up and score ( like Beecher in game one).

On a level playing field you take Swayman over Woll every time ....if the Bs score 3 they probably win.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Monty has to find a way to give Pasta room to manouver. Keefe will focus on him as one of the Bruins only threats lately. Also Nylander needs to be given a rough ride. Can't have these players free wheeling into the Bruin's end without getting knocked on their posterior. Marner also.
Yeah, got to start banging them every chance possible. As usual the Bruins make it far too easy to free-wheel around their zone. Defense backs in, forwards are NOT playing with any real will to win. IMO the big problem is with the forwards but that's no secret.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I believe the Bruins will win.

The adjustment to having morning skate at the Garden tells me they’ve already made one adjustment that was needed.
So practicing at the Gardens is going to make them be able to get the puck out of their own ends and stop looking like the Keystone Cops,be able to win a puck battle once in awhile,not lose 80% of the face offs,get more shots and traffic in front of the net,maybe make Leafs goalie actually have to stop a rebound. Seems like a lot is going to happen just from practicing on the Gardens Ice.

Please don’t lose solely because I don’t want to see the graphic that bruins are the first team in NHL/MLB/NBA history to lose back-to-back 3-1 season leads. We will see that in every sport for years to come if it happens.
We already can’t stop hearing about how the greatest regular season team ever choked in the first round,let’s not add this to it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

How about Pasta finding a way to get room.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just don't know what to expect tonight - neither team has a history of coming up big in elimination games

Bs need to come out like they did in game 1- apply pressure, take the body and pin the Leafs in their d- zone. And by doing this get - what will be a nervous crowd- into the game.

The longer the game goes without the Bs scoring the higher the pressure builds. Need a depth forward to step up and score ( like Beecher in game one).

On a level playing field you take Swayman over Woll every time ....if the Bs score 3 they probably win.
Problem tonight is that the TML have a new attitude. That "defense first" attitude that they've adopted is befuddling the Bruins.
The Leafs "zigged" the Bruins had better "zag" and over-ride the zig.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not expecting 3 times as many penalties on Bruins tonight as in game 5 & 6 including very questionable call on Pastrnak- and a handful of missed calls including a big one late in game 5

Brian Boucher and nhl got their wish game 7

Only game on slate they must be happy

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They haven’t been hitting the Leafs top players for 6 games you really think they are going to start,it’s not their style it just isn’t.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Right. It will be a question of which team comes up smaller. Chokes vs. chokes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Feeling good this morning.
Let’s f***ing do this!

GAME 7 OFFICIALS

1714799146846.png

1714799173489.png

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Kelly Sutherland (11) Jon McIsaac (2)*

Linespersons Jonny Murray (95), Matt MacPherson (83)

from @BruinsFanMike82 in the other thread:
Kelly Sutherland was one of the refs in Boston's Game 4 win.

Bruins with Sutherland as a ref this season
  • 3-1-2
  • 2.25 Goals For per game
  • 2.00 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs with Sutherland
  • 3-4-0
  • 3.00 Goals For per game
  • 3.00 Goals Allowed per game

The Bruins beat the Maple Leafs with Furlatt on March 4.

Bruins with Furlatt
  • 3-2-1
  • 3.83 Goals For per game
  • 3.17 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs with Furlatt
  • 1-3-0
  • 2.50 Goals For per game
  • 4.25 Goals Allowed per game

Combined totals with either ref

Bruins
  • 6-3-3
  • 3.20 Goals For per game
  • 2.70 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs
  • 4-7-0
  • 2.82 Goals For per game
  • 3.45 Goals Allowed per game

* All of the above stated knowing that if the Bruins come out with the same compete-level as their last 2 games, the refs aren't going to matter.

** I'm just glad not to see Chris Lee and/or Steve Kozari. That pair reffed both Game 7 losses to the Panthers and Hurricanes.
Ok game should be fair

Last 2 were interesting - if I was a gambler game 6 didn’t not look good going in

Game 5 Bruins had favorable refs and flat out sucked

Time to nut up Bruins or your summer is going to suck

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not expecting 3 times as many penalties on Bruins tonight as in game 5 & 6 including very questionable call on Pastrnak- and a handful of missed calls including a big one late in game 5

Brian Boucher and nhl got their wish game 7

Only game on slate they must be happy

2019. NHL assists a game 7 then vanishes into the shadows so it is forgotten.

Reactions: DKH

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
An early Boston lead will go a long way toward determining the outcome tonight. I see a dirty goal, deflection or something, early by the Bs and the leafs begin to fall apart.

4-2 bruins.

Agreed for the love of god give swayman a lead

Reactions: Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Problem tonight is that the TML have a new attitude. That "defense first" attitude that they've adopted is befuddling the Bruins.
The Leafs "zigged" the Bruins had better "zag" and over-ride the zig.
The Leafs adjusted ....it says volumes that a coach like Keefe seems to have a better handle on his team and game plan

Bs get last change- they need to take advantage and free up Pasta

We shall see

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Pasta has got stop turning the puck over and looking so frustrated. So called stars have to be able to fight through adversity and still produce. This is playoff time in case you have not noticed and Monty you have to be creative you have home ice advantage.
Yes, he's got to stop with that negative look. He looks like he has no confidence. The Leafs see the his body language and the fact that he looks absolutely defeated and they're feeding on it. They know that they're getting to him.
That high sticking penalty was purely childish and foolish.
Do that is selfish, and a bad look.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I’m just meh. 🫤 My heart is hopeful, my head is hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Last seasons first round exit still stings. I’m not ready to feel that again. Please boys, just win. I don’t care how. Just do it.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad