GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
HFBoards tonight an hour before puck drop…….

View attachment 864545

HF mod staff……

View attachment 864546

Let’s do this!

IMG_6105.gif

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Apparently, so were the Broons.
I don’t see the Bs coming out sleepwalking for a third game in a row.
Hopefully the ice is ice tonight
I’m expecting nothing other than Boston blitzing the Leafs early and often in the first period. Leafs are going to have to weather the storm

Reactions: Summer Rose

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Florida would have already done this last season.

Oh no. No no no. Florida is a good team. We're talking about choking to the Leafs here. After game 4 this entire site had already done the Leafs funeral and were lowering the casket. Before the series people thought realistically this could be a sweep.

No my good sir, you have not seen demons yet. You will know when you do.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Oh no. No no no. Florida is a good team. We're talking about choking to the Leafs here. After game 4 this entire site had already done the Leafs funeral and were lowering the casket. Before the series people thought realistically this could be a sweep.

No my good sir, you have not seen demons yet. You will know when you do.

How many “it’s over” posts were posted in the first gdt? Lol

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It's honestly fans of other teams trying to play up a Toronto loss for their own entertainment. Leaf nation will be on fire if it loses but it is on fire every loss. Most fans have wanted changes to the team for a few years which the rumor is will happen with a loss. A coaching change and a core change for sure.

So either the Leafs lose and they finally try something different (which gives us hope), or the Bruins have the choke job of the century and we are so happy we don't care. Hell maybe the Leafs are finally figuring it out and get some hot goaltending and make a deep playoff run.

Either way, pressure is fully on the Bruins. Leafs need to get an early goal and hope the crowd gets restless.

How many “it’s over” posts were posted in the first gdt? Lol

Yup. Not just choking to the Leafs, choking to the Leafs missing Nylander and then Matthews the entire series AND against a rookie backup goaltender

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's honestly fans of other teams trying to play up a Toronto loss for their own entertainment. Leaf nation will be on fire if it loses but it is on fire every loss. Most fans have wanted changes to the team for a few years which the rumor is will happen with a loss. A coaching change and a core change for sure.

So either the Leafs lose and they finally try something different (which gives us hope), or the Bruins have the choke job of the century and we are so happy we don't care. Hell maybe the Leafs are finally figuring it out and get some hot goaltending and make a deep playoff run.

Either way, pressure is fully on the Bruins. Leafs need to get an early goal and hope the crowd gets restless.

Yup. Not just choking to the Leafs, choking to the Leafs missing Nylander and then Matthews the entire series AND against a rookie backup goaltender
Bruin fans in full cope mode. Imagine starting off this new era of Boston Bruins with a choke job against the leafs? None of them want that.

Leafs been dead since game 4, at this point were just along for the ride. We lose again in the first round its nothing new. Would be the 7th time in 8 years for us.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I’ve said it last game. And I’ll say it again

(I’m not the only one obvs)

But the first 10mins are crucial , for both teams.

Toronto not only needs to keep up the level of composure in front of Woll; but understand that Boston is more than likely going to cheat for offense early. (They gotta) so a counter punch is an absolute dagger within this timeframe too.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Let’s face it - Leafs are extremely lucky to be in Game 7. They got a lucky bounce in Game 5 after a ton of opportunities for Boston to put away the game. Game 6 they got away with murder and Boston got called for literally touching the Leafs lol.

But there’s very few things promised in life - death, taxes, and Leafs choking in Game 7.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Boston has been so focussed on how they’ll shut down Marner and Nylander, they never considered they needed the depth to hold back max domi

Leafs depth is showing up with their backs against the Woll

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Let’s face it - Leafs are extremely lucky to be in Game 7. They got a lucky bounce in Game 5 after a ton of opportunities for Boston to put away the game. Game 6 they got away with murder and Boston got called for literally touching the Leafs lol.

But there’s very few things promised in life - death, taxes, and Leafs choking in Game 7.
Was wondering when you'd come out of your hole to share your terrible take.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean I sort of get why Leafs fans are trying to convince everyone of how all of the pressure is on Boston, but that sounds so much like coping lol. "Either we win a game 7 finally and slay the Bruins, or we are going to get a change in the core and philosophy, so we win either way". Yeah sure I get that, but where was this narrative when the series started? I don't think I heard any Leafs fan say that they would be happy if they lose a G7 because at least change is coming. This narrative has been worked up since the comeback.

The only people who really don't have any pressure are neutral fans, we get to laugh either way.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
According to the percentages on game 7s, playoff OT losses at home, first round exits, choke jobbing, etc, neither team is supposed to win tonight. Not sure if the game should even be played.

The hockey gods will have the final word, and we need to respect their decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad