Raptors Discussion: Raptors name Nick Nurse as new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
People laughed at me when I said the Raptors are better then the Celtics. Well the evidence is right there.
Brad Stevens deserves a lot of credit for making this team competent

Remember when Jaylen Brown was a reason why Celtics are better. He is really bad. Boston regretting the draft pick?
Lebron has exposed this fraud Loltecs team.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
People laughed at me when I said the Raptors are better then the Celtics. Well the evidence is right there.

Remember when Jaylen Brown was a reason why Celtics are better. He is really bad. Boston regretting the draft pick?
the celtics just took the cavs to 7 games without kyrie and hayward.

How one can say the raptors are better than them is mind BOGGLING. Raptors got their asses swept.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
The excuse will be "its his teammates fault"
052118-shannon-sharpe-kal-1080x608.jpg

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Tatum taunted James like he is a somebody...shameless plug who hasn't accomplished anything in the NBA yet...LOL.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

lol. You might want to put some maple syrup on those hot takes.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Salt.jpg

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think that I would have no problem if we pushed them to 7 games and lost. I'd accept that, because LBJ is the greatest player ever. I don't accept a sweep and looking like a bunch of wimps.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He already quite literally did the impossible in the 2016 finals when he led both teams in the 5 major stat categories and took down a 73-9 team in 7 games after going down 3-1 in the series. Stickty, among others, can't recognize the greatness.

That was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the NBA. Lebron is simply incredible!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He already quite literally did the impossible in the 2016 finals when he led both teams in the 5 major stat categories and took down a 73-9 team in 7 games after going down 3-1 in the series. Stickty, among others, can't recognize the greatness.

It helped that Thompson, and Curry to a lesser extent, absolutely choked down the stretch in that series.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Does that invalidate the feat? The Jazz should've beat the Bulls in '97 but they choked in crunch time.

No, but let's not act like Lebron single handedly defeated the Warriors at their peak performance either.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No, but let's not act like Lebron single handedly defeated the Warriors at their peak performance either.

I think choking is such an overused phrase and it's really getting ridiculous. There were people calling WSH chokers when they went down 3-2, that looks pretty dumb now doesn't it? Top golfers were always losing to Tiger Woods when paired together in the last round, does that mean that all the top golfers in the world at the time were chokers except for Woods himself? Maybe it's hard to play your peak when you're playing Lebron or Woods?

It's really hard to be in that spot and not be even the slightest bit intimidated and play at your absolute best. I think we should give some credit to all-time greats for being so great that they're hard to play against.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Well yeah, you can likely say that about every finals winner beating a team that didn’t play to their peak.

However, seeing LeBron control the game at every aspect on the floor is simply unmatched by other finals performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad