Raptors Discussion: Raptors name Nick Nurse as new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It absolutely falls on the coach for running rotations that were routinely exploited. He even admitted to tossing random guys out there in hopes that something would work.

3 of 20 shooting isn't on a coach unless the play he is calling is heave it from half court. 1 of 16 shooting isn't on a coach. Several missed tipins is not on coaching. If you think coaching can change execution, good luck. We had several good looks and they didn't finish.

Everything can change if we win Game 1.

I'm done with DeMar (pass it to will) DeRozan.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I guess Houston should tear it down as this core obviously isn't going to get it done. Of course the same can be said for pretty much every team in the NBA except for GS and wherever Lebron decides to play next year. It should be interesting with 30 or so teams all battling it out for last place. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: stickty111

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I guess Houston should tear it down as this core obviously isn't going to get it done. Of course the same can be said for pretty much every team in the NBA except for GS and wherever Lebron decides to play next year. It should be interesting with 30 or so teams all battling it out for last place. :laugh::laugh:

Houston will be in the hunt for either LeBron or Kawhi in the offseason they have hope for a team that's only 3 wins away from going to the NBA Finals and most likely winning it.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Houston will be in the hunt for either LeBron or Kawhi in the offseason they have hope for a team that's only 3 wins away from going to the NBA Finals and most likely winning it.

How could they possibly get LeBron? They’d have to renounce Paul’s cap hold, and trade the majority of their secondary players without having any salary coming back. As for Kawhi, I’d say there’s a very, very slim chance that San Antonio would trade him to Houston.

As for the whole win thing, it’s pretty much irrelevant because they don’t win this series without an injury to Curry or Durant.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
How could they possibly get LeBron? They’d have to renounce Paul’s cap hold, and trade the majority of their secondary players without having any salary coming back. As for Kawhi, I’d say there’s a very, very slim chance that San Antonio would trade him to Houston.

As for the whole win thing, it’s pretty much irrelevant because they don’t win this series without an injury to Curry or Durant.

Paul is a free agent at the end of the year they only have 80 mil in salary returning next year.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Paul is a free agent at the end of the year they only have 80 mil in salary returning next year.

And he has a 39m cap hold, so they'll be well over the cap until he signs somewhere else, but he won't, because the entire LeBron to Houston scenario is predicated on his relationship with Paul. Only way this works is if they both sign for like 19m and Houston still trades Anderson (impossible), Tucker, Capela, and let Ariza and Mbah a Moute go.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
And he has a 39m cap hold, so they'll be well over the cap until he signs somewhere else, but he won't, because the entire LeBron to Houston scenario is predicated on his relationship with Paul. Only way this works is if they both sign for like 19m and Houston still trades Anderson (impossible), Tucker, Capela, and let Ariza and Mbah a Moute go.

I have an idea, let Lebron go to Houston and let Ariza and Moute walk to Toronto. Exactly what we need on our team.

Now only if we can shed some player like Ibaka and Powell!!!! Then we have a team

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Tear it down?

They're 2-2 with homecourt advantage against a super team

Nobody swept them for a 2nd straight season by a lower seed

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Where's the hate for the most complete NBA player going missing last night in Harden???

Just pulled a Derozan. Guess Houston needs to blow it up once they get trounced by Golden State.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Right now the Raps and the East are trash. There are probably 4 teams in the West that would beat LBJ in a playoff series. It's not an excuse. Build a team that can beat him. Or at least bring in some actual men that won't be scared shitless at the sight of him. It's a loser mentality to say "we can't beat LBJ, so we should just be happy with some meaningless regular season wins and accept getting humiliated by him in the playoffs" sick of that. How about we beat him? Now that would be exciting. You think that only GS can beat him? If Houston wins and Cleveland met in the finals Houston would mop the floor with them.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Right now the Raps and the East are trash. There are probably 4 teams in the West that would beat LBJ in a playoff series. It's not an excuse. Build a team that can beat him. Or at least bring in some actual men that won't be scared ****less at the sight of him.

Name me the 4 teams that can beat Lebron in the West?? Because I think he has proven that he can beat them as well as history has shown.

My point is that any given player at any given time can go into a slump, it doesn't make him trash. Sometimes a team has another teams number. Golden State is that for Houston. The Cavs is that to the Raps.

It doesn't matter how you win its winning that counts. The Cavs have the Raps number end of story. It doesn't matter who Lebron plays in the East, he will beat them. As he will to Boston as well.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Right now the Raps and the East are trash. There are probably 4 teams in the West that would beat LBJ in a playoff series. It's not an excuse. Build a team that can beat him. Or at least bring in some actual men that won't be scared ****less at the sight of him.

Maybe, maybe not. Did anyone expect them to win the title two years ago? I know I didn't.

Which are the 4 teams you think can beat LBJ and how sure are you that they would do so?

As far as the Raptors go, I'm tired of people talking about how useless they are etc., we'll see what they do in the off-season. If people want them to start tanking and they don't do so they can feel free to stop watching and posting at any time.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Name me the 4 teams that can beat Lebron in the West?? Because I think he has proven that he can beat them as well as history has shown.

My point is that any given player at any given time can go into a slump, it doesn't make him trash. Sometimes a team has another teams number. Golden State is that for Houston. The Cavs is that to the Raps.

It doesn't matter how you win its winning that counts. The Cavs have the Raps number end of story. It doesn't matter who Lebron plays in the East, he will beat them. As he will to Boston as well.

I think New Orleans, Utah, Houston and GS beat him and his trash Cleveland team. Oh and if Irving and Hayward were healthy, I am pretty sure they would beat them too.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Maybe, maybe not. Did anyone expect them to win the title two years ago? I know I didn't.

Which are the 4 teams you think can beat LBJ and how sure are you that they would do so?

As far as the Raptors go, I'm tired of people talking about how useless they are etc., we'll see what they do in the off-season. If people want them to start tanking and they don't do so they can feel free to stop watching and posting at any time.

Thank you, finally someone with some common sense and not a bandwagon jumper.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I'm not counting out the Celtics yet. Admittedly it doesn't look good but then again, they won the first two games in fine style so ... in any case, I'm looking forward to tonight's game and hopefully it'll be a good one. You just never know, I wasn't expecting Houston to beat GS after losing by a zillion last game but ...

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And Indiana would've gotten swept had anyone other than LeBron had a decent series. It's all about matchups, and Casey continually mismatched himself into a corner against the Cavs.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
And Indiana would've gotten swept had anyone other than LeBron had a decent series. It's all about matchups, and Casey continually mismatched himself into a corner against the Cavs.

Let's talk reality rather than hypotheticals
Indiana won more games against Cleveland in 1 series than the Raptors have in 3 series combined
Boston missing their 2 best players are 2-2 against Cleveland

Casey is gone so that's done
Our "all-stars" has continually underperformed playoff after playoff
If your best players aren't your best players in the playoffs then you don't continue bringing them back hoping for a miracle

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

What should Casey have done to combat Korver/Smith/Green hitting open shots? It's not Casey's fault that Ibaka dogged it and guys like Poetl and Siakim can't handle Kevin Love. Kevin Love after game 1 had 74 points, 33 rebounds, 26-48 shooting. The problem for Casey is for some reason and this is on the roster is their defensive intensity wanes and will absolutely disappear for a quarter or two, quite possibly a whole game. They didn't want to guard anybody against Cleveland, ignored scouting reports and now they are searching for a new coach.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Maybe? Lol. GS and Houston mop the floor with that team. There is a loser mentality here. Oh Cleveland has our number let's just accept it.

Why do I suspect that you were saying exactly the same thing about GS two years ago and when they went up 3-1 you were gloating - see, I told you guys, it was so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad