Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Giannis is the big one I assume.

That said, Toronto is a much better city, and tends to pay coaches VERY well.

In my opinion this says a lot. You do not have to agree.
I mean...money...maybe Toronto's offer provides less job security...maybe he doesn't want to live in Canada...realistically there could be a lot of reasons is all I am saying.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Giannis is the big one I assume.

That said, Toronto is a much better city, and tends to pay coaches VERY well.

In my opinion this says a lot. You do not have to agree.

Yeah, it's called managing expectations. He's already been swept by LeBron twice, why do it in a bigger city with crazier fans and media.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Nick Nurse anyone? he’s 50 and hasn’t been a head coach? Why all of a sudden does the media keep saying how good he is? If he’s that good why hasn’t had a head coaching gig?

P.S. I know nothing about him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nick Nurse anyone? he’s 50 and hasn’t been a head coach? Why all of a sudden does the media keep saying how good he is? If he’s that good why hasn’t had a head coaching gig?

P.S. I know nothing about him.

Nick Nurse is the offensive coordinator for the Raps. Kerr tried to poach him when he got hired by the Warriors back in 2014.

Pros: Turned the Raps into a top 5 offensive team
Cons: Not a new voice

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I know it’s been speculated but I’m thinking one big reason we got rid of Casey was he wanted an extension and the Raps weren’t willing.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We should have just kept and paid Tucker and Biyambo and traded Derozan and Powell.

Ujiri better do something this off-season and better win two rounds or he is gone.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Ya when is Masai contract expire? I know he signed an extension a few years ago BUT not sure of the length. He has to take some accountability for these players he assembled.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
ya that #1 seed and most wins ever. That Masai should definitely get fired cause the team he assembled!!

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Ya when is Masai contract expire? I know he signed an extension a few years ago BUT not sure of the length. He has to take some accountability for these players he assembled.

According to Sam Amick of USA Today, Toronto Raptors President Masai Ujiri signed a five-year extension worth $32 million in September 2016.

Why did Phil Jackson, Knicks part ways? Let's count the reasons
June 28, 2017

But the Toronto timing is problematic, as Ujiri signed a five-year extension worth $32 million
last September and the Raptors are already down a man in the front office after former general manager Jeff Weltman left for the Orlando Magic in late May. The Magic had to send a second-round pick to Toronto to pry Weltman away, too, meaning the price tag for Ujiri would be significantly higher. Not long after the Knicks announced they were parting ways with Jackson, Toronto announced that assistant general manager Bobby Webster would be promoted to general manager and a reminder was given that the Raptors’ priorities are their own.

If only Dolan had done this a year ago.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Seeing how Boston is just so easily dismantling LeBron and the Cavs in the Eastern Finals just makes me absolutely furious.

Furious because like all of us we cannot understand how less talent in Boston is able to stick to a system and plan but we were not. Had we stuck to the plan we would be in conference finals as we have a far superior team then both Indiana and Boston who both are having their way with Cleveland.

Telling you guys its on the coach. Not the players.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Can someone explain what happened to Powell? Why has the whole world soured on him and banished him to hell. He was so good that Masai gave him a huge contract.

Isn’t this going to happen with Fred? I see this happening again.

Thanks

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Can someone explain what happened to Powell? Why has the whole world soured on him and banished him to hell. He was so good that Masai gave him a huge contract.

Isn’t this going to happen with Fred? I see this happening again.

Thanks

Norman Powell has never been, in his three years, as productive or valuable as Fred VanVleet was in 17/18.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I want the team to tank and see how that goes. We have seen them fail year after year in the playoffs. It can't hurt to try and tank. I know it's not absolute.

This team tanked for 20 years. How did it go then? Oh, wait, 20 years of JUUUST missing the top 5 due to the NBA's mysterious draft rules, and getting players that are just "good pieces" without any superstars. They lucked into Vince Carter, otherwise it looks even WORSE.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Furious because like all of us we cannot understand how less talent in Boston is able to stick to a system and plan but we were not. Had we stuck to the plan we would be in conference finals as we have a far superior team then both Indiana and Boston who both are having their way with Cleveland.

Telling you guys its on the coach. Not the players.

Boston players have more dawg in them. Guys like Smart/Tatum/Rozier/Morris/Horford aren't taking any guff from guys like Thompson/Smith etc.. A new coach isn't going to instill a dawg mentality with these guys. Too many guys act like the refs and league are out to get them instead of just playing the damn game.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
This team tanked for 20 years. How did it go then? Oh, wait, 20 years of JUUUST missing the top 5 due to the NBA's mysterious draft rules, and getting players that are just "good pieces" without any superstars. They lucked into Vince Carter, otherwise it looks even WORSE.

They never tanked properly.

They were always trying to win. The Damon years went into the Vince years, which went into the Bosh years, which went into the current disaster.

The proper thing to do would be to look at a five year window when you expect top end prospects to come through, and tank hard for those years. You won't get #1 every year, but you will likely get a few very good pieces.

Either that or just trade DD and KL for existing players and see where the team ends up. But this leadership group will always get crippled in the playoffs.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
We lost after having significant leads in g1/g2. That's not on coaching, otherwise are you giving credit to coaching when we're dominating?

I understand why Casey has to go, but he didn't teach the guys on the court to go 0 for 10 down the stretch. We have mental midgets on our team. Build around Lowry and whatever pieces you can get for DD and try again.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
We lost after having significant leads in g1/g2. That's not on coaching, otherwise are you giving credit to coaching when we're dominating?

I understand why Casey has to go, but he didn't teach the guys on the court to go 0 for 10 down the stretch. We have mental midgets on our team. Build around Lowry and whatever pieces you can get for DD and try again.

It absolutely falls on the coach for running rotations that were routinely exploited. He even admitted to tossing random guys out there in hopes that something would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad