Recalled/Assigned: Raphael Díaz

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Dylan got beat twice very badly in Game 2. His lack of speed (especially on the transition) is still a huge detriment to his game.

This is why you tread with caution on who to pair him with.

Putting him with an offensive dman who jumps into the play would make any coach think twice.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
dancing Diaz gr8 - I thought we traded him earlier.. :s

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
There is a reason why he is considered to be a fringe player.

Yeah by some arbitrary standard of what constitutes an NHL player or not, mostly at the discretion of the doofuses in charge, especially regarding this particular team.

Meanwhile a true fringe player will get top minutes as soon as he is healthy enough to. Another beyond fringe AHL player will continue to get ice time when he should be the stick boy.

I wouldn't want Diaz getting 20 minutes a night, but he's a good option for the bottom pair, and I'd rather see him than Ding Dong Dan at this point.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wouldn't it be wild if the Rangers brought Diaz up to sub in for Boyle instead of McIlrath?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I am sorry but I don't how anyone thinks Diaz is good or even decent from watching him in training camp. He's an ok PP guy but he's softer than a pile of baby crap.

McI should play over him all day and every day. He's ok if he plays 9 minutes a game.

McI got beat 2 times yes but who knows how he would have played if he actually got some games in during the season like he should have and was accustomed to the speed. Good roster management as always by AV.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
i am sorry but i don't how anyone thinks diaz is good or even decent from watching him in training camp. He's an ok pp guy but he's softer than a pile of baby crap.

Mci should play over him all day and every day. He's ok if he plays 9 minutes a game.

Mci got beat 2 times yes but who knows how he would have played if he actually got some games in during the season like he should have and was accustomed to the speed. Good roster management as always by av.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It's obvious that AV wants more speed and agility in the back end to combat the Pens speed up front. Some more agility/speed on the PP would be great as well.

If McIlrath could provide this, I think he would have been in on a nightly basis. Diaz is not the garbage that some of you are making him out to be.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Wonderful I never said he was a bad AHL player. He's a 30 y/o old vet, he should do well in the AHL. I still don't think he's a very good NHL player, hence he's pretty much a fringe guy where ever he has played (NHL). Fringe guys should be pretty good AHL players (Glass a notable exception).

The debate is do we want him in the Rangers lineup, I do not. Especially since Yandle is a million times better as a power play guy, rendering Diaz a luxury the Rangers can't really afford on the backend. The Rangers back end isn't good enough for that.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wonderful I never said he was a bad AHL player. He's a 30 y/o old vet, he should do well in the AHL. I still don't think he's a very good NHL player, hence he's pretty much a fringe guy where ever he has played (NHL). Fringe guys should be pretty good AHL players (Glass a notable exception).

The debate is do we want him in the Rangers lineup, I do not. Especially since Yandle is a million times better as a power play guy, rendering Diaz a luxury the Rangers can't really afford on the backend. The Rangers back end isn't good enough for that.

Diaz and Yandle together on the PP could be ****ing lethal.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What was his most recent injury in Hartford?

I really don't like him as a player, but he is quick and can move the puck, which is a good asset to have against the Penguins. I guess we'll find out more at the morning skate later

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What was his most recent injury in Hartford?

I really don't like him as a player, but he is quick and can move the puck, which is a good asset to have against the Penguins. I guess we'll find out more at the morning skate later

Lat muscle injury (back)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
When was Diaz good on the PP to get this praise? Preseason?

People talk like he's a solid offensive d man but his career numbers are horrible

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he's considered low risk, but didn't look low risk in pre-season

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Untitled-copy.jpg

People acting like subbing Diaz in for McIlrath will cause the apocalypse...

I'd rather Diaz go in for Boyle, but it's not like swapping Diaz/Wrath is the end of the world. Jesus...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad