Rant of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

two out of three*

Sat.. Thurs.. Next week.. WHO CARES?

The deal is GOING TO happen whether its tomorrow, whether its saturday, next week, next month.. Its gonna go down. They are close either way. This could be a rant of the day.. But every time I check into the business of hockey forum its a different day.. A different rumor, from different journalists. STOP. Leave the deal annoucment's up to the guys in charge. Let the 'deal in principle' announcement's be announced when the people in charge are ready to announce it.

Sorry.. I'm just so sick of this lockout, all the BS. Feel free to move to rant of the day.

FlyerFan

Jun 4, 2005
crump said:
Translation of Avery's "interview":

"We burned a year for nothing," Avery said. "We didn't win anything. We didn't prove anything. We didn't get anything. We wasted an entire season."

really means..." Now that we have lost I am really mad because I am losing a ton of money, but if we won I would be happy and would not care about the fans because I'd be getting mine"

"I am furious at Bob," Avery said.

really means, "I'm gonna blame someone above me even though I am just as much to blame and I voted the bum in to begin with."...

"Bob thought he was bigger than he was," Avery said. "Bob brainwashed players like me."

really means.."man I just realized how weak-brained I am because I thought Bob was a higher life form but he is really only human."

"To be honest with you, most of us didn't know what was going on," Avery said. "Guys had no control over the situation. Guys were out there giving interviews and we didn't know the real story. Bob embarrassed a lot of guys."

really means..."All the stereotypes about dumb hockey players are basically true ...especially in my case"

:biglaugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I can't wait until this stupid CBA is settled.No more multiple threads on the same subject already being discussed in other threads.No more amateur accountants putting together their own revenue sharing programs.No more which side is right and which side is wrong.Enough :shakehead

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
peteo said:
2004-2005 No Play No Pay.

I don't think the players have ever asked for the 2004-2005 money. Some people are talking about having last year's contracts counted this year, as to not lose a year off the contract, but it's not like they are asking for 2 salaries this year.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Robber Barons of the NHL?

It's actually shocking that the Toronto's and Philadelphia's of the world think they deserve a chance at Crosby. If there had not been a strike would they have had a shot at Crosby? No.

What a way to stick it to the teams with a poorer record. You win on a technicality!@@@@@

What a joke. Any draft not based on order of finish needs to be challenged in court.

Just say "No!"

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
borro said:
It's actually shocking that the Toronto's and Philadelphia's of the world think they deserve a chance at Crosby. If there had not been a strike would they have had a shot at Crosby?
If they had finished last in the league, then yes they would have.

What a way to stick it to the teams with a poorer record. You win on a technicality!@@@@@

What a joke. Any draft not based on order of finish needs to be challenged in court.

Just say "No!"
Since nobody knows what team would have finished last, you have to give every team a shot at getting him. What order do you plan on using since there was no season and the team that finsihed last in 2003 has already been rewarded with the 2004 draft.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Icey said:
If they had finished last in the league, then yes they would have.

Since nobody knows what team would have finished last, you have to give every team a shot at getting him. What order do you plan on using since there was no season and the team that finsihed last in 2003 has already been rewarded with the 2004 draft.

Then you use the last draft or cancel the draft all together and use 2005-2006. That would duplicate the whiningm that 2003-2004 year has double impact.

It's a bunch of hogwash. You know the BPA. Are you saying the guys so skilled in evaluating players could totally miss on teams? You do not HAVE to do anything, except be true to the draft helping the poorer teams.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
borro said:
It's actually shocking that the Toronto's and Philadelphia's of the world think they deserve a chance at Crosby. If there had not been a strike would they have had a shot at Crosby? No.

Just say "No!"
according to many of the posters here, the leafs suck, so they might have ended up in last place

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
borro said:

Just say "No!"

...This coming from a WSH fan who wishes the Caps get the no1 pick. Again. Both Crosby and Ovechkin on the same team because they decided to dump their overpaid stars half way through the season -Jagr, Bondra, Lang, Gonchar...

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
The Macho Man said:
...This coming from a WSH fan who wishes the Caps get the no1 pick. Again. Both Crosby and Ovechkin on the same team because they decided to dump their overpaid stars half way through the season -Jagr, Bondra, Lang, Gonchar...

It's ok for Atlanta to get high pick after high pick. The Caps get ONE guy and people are up in arms. The Caps decided to rebuild. They have stuck by that. Nobody is asking Pittsburg why they deserve Crosby...Yeh, your team doesn't want Crosby. Just another case of hearing what you want to hear.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
borro said:

And yet the Philadelphias of the world are more apt to take Bobby Ryan than Sidney Crosby. What? There is more than one prospect in this draft? :amazed:

borro said:

Just say "No!"

You just contradicted yourself in several ways.

What a way to stick it to the teams with a poorer record. And what record would that be?

Any draft not based on order of finish needs to be challenged in court. Oh I suppose except the drafts that have Washington at #1. Oh but wait, Washington had a poorer record... oh but wait there wasn't a season so there was no record.

Spungo*

Spungo Was Wrong

And I'm choking down a big slice of my home made humble pie. I really need to be on a diet guys, so this isn't helping. Humble pie has a lot of calories.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Wow, a poster admitting when he erred in his opinion? I am genuinely impressed. Taken aback, even. What was your original prediction? I haven't been doing much more than quickly skimming this section of the board for several months.

I want to say it was something like, "ratification by mid-August at the earliest." Or perhaps, "Partial 05/06 season." If that's the case, you can hardly be blamed... I think more people than care to fess up felt the same way.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Spungo said:
And I'm choking down a big slice of my home made humble pie. I really need to be on a diet guys, so this isn't helping. Humble pie has a lot of calories.

Nicely done.

Though, given your previous level of optimism, I'm surprised that you're not clinging to the hope of ratification failing, or taking three weeks. :)

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
Spungo said:

Hows that pie taste! lol Ah well it's all good, no hard feelings, I think we are all just glad it is finally over!!!!!!!!
BANK ON THAT! Brah! :yo: :D

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Spungo said:

Wow...a guy admitting he was wrong...I respect that. Now I cant come in here and rub it in your face anymore :D

SPARTAKUS*

Well guys this is a big days for all of us true hockey fans and I want say thank you to all of you who have helped me thrue this frustrating time. I really enjoy reading you guys it's been great.

But now the real fun begins I can't wait to "talk" to you about all the transaction that will occur in the upcoming weeks it's going to be great. Let's talk hockey!!!!!

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
Spungo said:

I respect you for apologizing. This is a wonderful day for hockey! Now let's get on with the free agency period, when the fun begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad