Rant of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
Then learn to be nice or go away, this is a place of love. I'm pretty sure the internet is the only place you've ever been able to play the "tough guy", but if you can't bring yourself to tone it down, take it someplace else..

I can't miss your "points", because I don't think you have any to make. I can, however, see how rude you insist upon being to the esteemed posters here, and that is how you define yourself..

Just do what I did with him. They added the ignore list for a reson. It makes the average CBA thread about a 5 min read instead of 20 posts of Spungo fighting with the people who continue to fight with him day in and day out.

Spungo*

Bring Back Bucky said:
Then learn to be nice or go away, this is a place of love. I'm pretty sure the internet is the only place you've ever been able to play the "tough guy", but if you can't bring yourself to tone it down, take it someplace else..

I can't miss your "points", because I don't think you have any to make. I can, however, see how rude you insist upon being to the esteemed posters here, and that is how you define yourself..

G.E.D, right?

Spungo*

gscarpenter2002 said:
Many of the posters who crossed swords with you today were clearly yanking your chain while one of two things were going on: (1) you were thrashing about wildly in the throes of an imagined impugning of your prognostication skeellz, or (2) you were sitting there thinking YOU were yanking THEIR chains. If it is (2), you have been had. If it is (1), please go back and think about it a little in light of the above explanation and perhaps you can calm down a little.

You make a lot of sense there, buddy. If they were yanking my chain, then I was "thrashing about wildly". But if I was yanking their chain, I've "been had". Yeah, ok then. Makes tons of sense. :shakehead

Believe whatever you want to believe because your above post shows 100% that you don't know the first thing about what's actually going on.

GSC2k2*

Spungo said:
You make a lot of sense there, buddy. If they were yanking my chain, then I was "thrashing about wildly". But if I was yanking their chain, I've "been had". Yeah, ok then. Makes tons of sense. :shakehead
If you don't get it, I cannot help you.

Believe whatever you want to believe because your above post shows 100% that you don't know the first thing about what's actually going on.

Thanks, I will. You can only imagine my relief that I have your support to do so.

Spungo*

gscarpenter2002 said:
If you don't get it, I cannot help you..

Oh, I get what you are trying to do. But I'm not letting you get away with it.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
The call to lynch Bob Goodenow has started

Yepp, it's starting and the CBA has not even been announced yet.
The players will vote on it ( no choice here ) and it will take about a week for the rank and file to disect the 600 pages and see just how much the Goodenow bluff has backfired.

The call to linch Goodenow is starting and just wait till all the facts of the new CBA are understood.

For years Bob told the NHLPA not to trust the owners, don't renegotiate anything, don't trust the books, don't trust Bettman, don't trust owners, TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

The players are about to find out that trusting the NHL about two years ago would have been far better then trusting Goodenow.

All that's left to do now is pay for your mistakes, and pay the players will. But the players should remember, if the revenue goes up so does the cap.

As for Goodenow ? I bevieve that he will be fired before the start of the next season. Over the next two to three weeks we will hear tons of players attack Goodenow. As he was in a no-win position concerning the CBA he is now in a no-win position to respond to the
player that will call for his head.

Goodenow is a gonner and will slip quietly into the night.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
There is no doubt that his power is over. Not sure he will be fired. I believe he still has 2 years on his contract. They are going to have to pay him anyway, and basically there is nothing for him to do, so they may just let the contract run out and not renew it.
Either way - he is finished.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Aki Berg said:
Goodenow cost Aki $1.4 million. :cry:

Not just 1.4 million, but also all the money difference between what you could have negotiated two years ago and what the new CBA will end up costing.

The 1.4 million is just the lost season. You must add on the difference between the two CBA options.

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
RLC said:
Not just 1.4 million, but also all the money difference between what you could have negotiated two years ago and what the new CBA will end up costing.

The 1.4 million is just the lost season. You must add on the difference between the two CBA options.

The result is still the same: Aki's mad.

littleD

It's called rant of the day right?

Rant of the day, hell, rant of the lockout is everyone who hears that a deal will come on this day or that day ("it's coming July 1!" "Tuesday!" "Thursday!"), who then completely flip out if no deal is announced that exact day.

Give it a rest people. I want some hockey back for September too, but media people have an idea on the exact day as much as we do. Which is NO idea.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
can we all....

just stop talking about when they will get the deal done?

i mean i can't take anymore of this "few days away from finishing a deal" crap. man i hate everybody in hockey right now for the past 2 months of a week away crap! :madfire:

i would still not be surprised if next season is canceled, the way these guys work. :rant:

sorry...had to vent

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I'm in an overly optimistic mood! I bet they sign on the dotted line today.™®©

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Or you could all just go to other boards or out of HF altogether until this settles if these threads are that painful for you to read. This is the business of hockey board and for the most part people come here to get any bit of news on when this may settle, what details may be in the new CBA, when and what form the lottery will take, etc, etc. Until the new CBA is signed that will be the primary fodder here. Mods lock these threads? Uh Huh. What is the problem with talking about this issue again?

ps: Rant thread is due north.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
Or you could all just go to other boards or out of HF altogether until this settles if these threads are that painful for you to read. This is the business of hockey board and for the most part people come here to get any bit of news on when this may settle, what details may be in the new CBA, when and what form the lottery will take, etc, etc. Until the new CBA is signed that will be the primary fodder here. Mods lock these threads? Uh Huh. What is the problem with talking about this issue again?

ps: Rant thread is due north.
Doesn't happen often, but I agree.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Bob Goodenow does not want to be known as the union head that negotiated this contract.

Bob Goodenow will not sign off on this deal, nor will he present himself at a press conference basically for a slaughter and humiliation.

Bob Goodenow still has many years left (at several millon $ per year) on his contract with the NHLPA.

This does not add up, how will it all end? Who is going to waer that ugly 'game on' cap with Bettman?

Will he quash the deal? :madfire:

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
ti-vite said:
Will he quash the deal? :madfire:

Good points, but I don't think (and I am willing to stand corrected) that he can "quash" the deal if the actual players executive want to present it to their members for ratification.

He may want to be a tad careful here, as the players' lawyers could use it (his interference) to find a way to fire him with cause, and let him come after them in court for his severence package.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Timmy said:
Good points, but I don't think (and I am willing to stand corrected) that he can "quash" the deal if the actual players executive want to present it to their members for ratification.

He may want to be a tad careful here, as the players' lawyers could use it (his interference) to find a way to fire him with cause, and let him come after them in court for his severence package.

This assuming there is dissention (sp) in the ranks.

I don't like it. I think if Goodenow shows up for the slaughter at a press conference, there are loopholes. That or the deal is not at all like what is being reported.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Translation of Avery's "interview":

"We burned a year for nothing," Avery said. "We didn't win anything. We didn't prove anything. We didn't get anything. We wasted an entire season."

really means..." Now that we have lost I am really mad because I am losing a ton of money, but if we won I would be happy and would not care about the fans because I'd be getting mine"

"I am furious at Bob," Avery said.

really means, "I'm gonna blame someone above me even though I am just as much to blame and I voted the bum in to begin with."...

"Bob thought he was bigger than he was," Avery said. "Bob brainwashed players like me."

really means.."man I just realized how weak-brained I am because I thought Bob was a higher life form but he is really only human."

"To be honest with you, most of us didn't know what was going on," Avery said. "Guys had no control over the situation. Guys were out there giving interviews and we didn't know the real story. Bob embarrassed a lot of guys."

really means..."All the stereotypes about dumb hockey players are basically true ...especially in my case"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad