Rant of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I like peanut butter. I do not like marmalade though.

Oh...right...and as someone who wants cost certainty in some form, I think both sides are a bunch of morons whose egos are wrecking the game. I would like to see both removed when this thing is over.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
The owners have decided from day 1 to lockout the entire season. I feel insulted. The players, on the other hand, should realize a hard cap isn't such a bad thing. They can still make their money, especially if they demand significant revenue sharing (thus allowing the small markets to dish out the cash), lower UFA, among other things in return for giving in to the cap. Both sides still have room to compromise as they're both very inflexible at this point. However, the owners are ultimately responsible because they caused their own economic "hardship" and want the players to fix it entirely on their own. The owners have forgot that the players are the product.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Ego's are ruining this game. I am angry...

Damn you Bettman!

Damn you Goodenow!

Get a deal done!

Hockey will be lost soon as a major sport down here. I know alot of people don't care about hockey in the United States, but some of us do care, and always will. I want my kids (when I have some) to play hockey, and not have to ship them north to find a good program. I want the game to catch on like gangbusters down here, because hockey is the greatest game God ever gave Man.

I don't want it to be a niche sport. I'm tired of people asking me when the hockey season starts. I'm sad to see less people at the rinks this year.

I could go on and on...

I'll spare you folks my rant for now.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Something tells me nothing will ever work. Small market fans complain about the fact that they lose their best players under the current(well, not current really) system. Big market fans complain about the fact that they can't get the best players under the new(well, not new yet) system. The players can't accept being capped at only making millions/hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. The owners can't trust one another because there will always be that one owner that screws everything up, and creates the absolute mess that the NHL finds itself in today.

I have a plan. Let's get all the players together before the season starts. You group the forwards together, the defensemen together, and the goalies together. You throw their sticks in the middle of the rink, blindfold someone to pick the sticks out, and toss them on either side. You get 30 piles of sticks, and whoever is on the team is on the team. Then you do it all over again next year. Luck of the draw. Sidney Crosby comes along, chuck his stick in the pile too.

I remember when sports were a game. Only it was when I was 8, and some friends and I would play. Now it's just as big a headache as anything else on this planet.

Billion dollar business, and neither side can figure out how to make everyone happy. Good job!

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
I just want to hear an intelligent repsonse - wait, just A response wil suffice - as to WHY these clowns will not accept a cap!

AND...

... I want to hear WHY making an average salary of $1.3 mill, without any kind of post-secondary education - is such a bad salary to take. Some of the most educated minds on the globe don't nearly make that amount.

AND...

... that if the players want a free-market system, one where they get paid what they're worth, then the union needs to be abandoned. You CANNOT have a purely free-market system WITH a union. It just does not work that way.

I'm thinking of more...

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
OH!

And having a salary cap does not mean that you, as a player, can't make $10 mill a season...

.... just play like you damn well deserve it!

You want to get paid what you're worth, right? Then PLAY, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, like you deserve every penny you ask for!

These players are always wanting more for less, but using their logic of a market-based system, then this is simply the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm done. Thanks for your time.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
I want to know why some people keep saying that the players deserve to be paid as much as they want because they are such a scarce commodity. If the NHL players are such a scarce commodity, they should be absolutely dominating these other leagues that they are playing in, yet I haven't heard nothing about that happening.

Does that mean that there are a lot more decent hockey players out there that are not playing in the NHL?

Does this mean that the NHL has not over expanded as some other people think and that all the clutching and grabbing is more responcible for the boring hockey games we seen in recent years?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
The 30 owners have decided that the template that suits them both financially and competitively is the 32/38 model and they are telling the players they can join or not. It's business and the players are going through the emotional process of coming to grips with the fact the world has changed on them. I don't think it's so hard to understand that it might take a little while for the players to lick their wounds and come to the realization that their skills are now worth 50 cents on the dollar.

That's what the last 24 hours have showed me. Despite all the talk, and the clear outlines from the NHL, the players somehow believed Santa dad wouldn't shoot all the reindeer and kill Christmas.

Bambi's dead, there's no food in the cupboard and baby needs new shoes.

Have a drink son, and then pick up the phone.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
txomisc said:
basketball is an annoying sport fill with thugs and a me first attitude!

and hockey players are angels sent from heaven who would surely never put themselves before the common hockey fan, especially when the common hockey fan makes barely 1/50th of what the average hockey player makes. Yea, thuggery and me first attitude. Please. I'm sure I can find just as many thugs in hockey as in basketball.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
I really love the NHL and all, but its obvious that its going to be a long time before they play again... just stinks.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Also... the Sens suck. They do. They talk like theyve won the Cup 11 times before or something.. I guess its just the Leafs' mission on earth to put them in their place...

Year.... after Year.... after Year.... after Year... after Year.

See you Ottawa fans in the playoffs (whenever the league starts up again) :)

Brent Burns Beard