Rant of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbert*

No problem, Spungo. I think that deep down, given everything that had happened, we all understood your pessimism.

I'd tell you to remove that humble pie from your hand and replace it with a cold, celebratory beer.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bring Back Bucky said:
I'm pretty friggin bitter. Guess all those post-dated cheques Mr. Hull gave me can go in the old shredder now :cry:
Hey, no worries BBB. I hear the WHA is already reloading and planning a new Invitational for the next NHL work stoppage.

So just how far are those cheques post-dated? ;)

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Cloned said:
Hey, no worries BBB. I hear the WHA is already reloading and planning a new Invitational for the next NHL work stoppage.

So just how far are those cheques post-dated? ;)

NHLers: Are you tired of rollbacks and salary caps??
Do you like A &W hamburgers??
Are you willing to accept post dated cheques??

If so, please write to Bring Back Bucky's Fantastic Hockey League. NOTE: Mr. Hull is in no way affiliated with, employed by, endorsed by, welcome at games of, or authorized to charge items to my new league.

Sincerely,

Bring Back Bucky
Commissioner
BBBFHL

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bring Back Bucky said:
NHLers: Are you tired of rollbacks and salary caps??
Do you like A &W hamburgers??
Are you willing to accept post dated cheques??

If so, please write to Bring Back Bucky's Fantastic Hockey League. NOTE: Mr. Hull is in no way affiliated with, employed by, endorsed by, welcome at games of, or authorized to charge items to my new league.

Sincerely,

Bring Back Bucky
Commissioner
BBBFHL
Superb marketing strategy BBB.

I can't think of any player that doesn't like A&W hamburgers.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Cloned said:
Superb marketing strategy BBB.

I can't think of any player that doesn't like A&W hamburgers.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with that strategy, too. I gave the guy at the adverrtising agency a hundred dollar (rubber) cheque for dreaming that one up. I've had several inquiries already!! Who'd have ever guessed that Lemieux loves teen-burgers enough to leave Pittsburgh??? ;)

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Between lottery picks, Bettmans gimp (that bald guy), should atomic wedgy Healy and Kypreos on TV.

I'd pay for that.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The NHL Draft

[rant]Why did the NHL decide to exclude the public from the draft? Is this not an opportunity to relaunch the league and get some good PR? The Corel Centre was offered to them but they said no. I don't believe the timeframes were prohibitive. Anyway it seems like it will be an opportunity missed to reconnect with the league's fans. [/rant]

ClaudeLemieux4HOF

Jul 15, 2005
long island, ny
its a huge error on the leagues behalf not finding a way to televise the lottery, if it was on tv i would have taken off work and found a way to make a drinking game out of it or something, like drink for every time the devils ball isnt called.....(that saying if they got the 1st pick id drink everything i had in celebration)

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
ClaudeLemieux4HOF said:
its a huge error on the leagues behalf not finding a way to televise the lottery, if it was on tv i would have taken off work and found a way to make a drinking game out of it or something, like drink for every time the devils ball isnt called.....(that saying if they got the 1st pick id drink everything i had in celebration)

Sorry to break this news late to you, but I was able to watch the lottery on Fox Sports Net...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->