Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Robin Kovacs to 3 year ELC (803K per)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
according to CapFriendly waiver calculator,
Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers_calculator

Paliotta is still exempt

he's only 23,
and although i guess he burned a contract year in '15 as a Hawks 'black ace' after leaving UVm, i am not sure that affects waiver status

to-date has only appeared 2 NHL reg season games (1 in '15), only 68 AHL regular season games, so only 70 total pro regular season games

ah, that's awesome I did not realize that about Paliotta. Didn't realize he's only played 2 seasons. That will be a huge help if Girardi is bought out next year.

Clendenning will require waivers unfortunately, my hope is that he can prove his worth this year OR provide the case to move Girardi out. if Clendenning AND Paliotta both grow immensely, that gives you full reason to move out Girardi AND Klein.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
ah, that's awesome I did not realize that about Paliotta. Didn't realize he's only played 2 seasons. ....

yeah Palliota is an odd case of a kid who's gotten a bit more attention
(not headlines, but if you follow the chatter/tweets/blogs)
than he's actually earned.
His signing with draft team CBH was news
because there was speculation he might Hayes/Vesey,

then he was with Cup winning team,
then traded in Saad deal before his first real pro season and considered a key piece,

then he got criticized for his only NHL game with CBJ and Torts,
then got non-qualified because CBJ has strangled their Cap with overpaying contracts to guys like David Savard so they couldn't afford his qualifying offer

he's a local kid who grew up as NYR fan and played Hockey East

I see him as a contributor over time

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

How do you see the possibility of getting a chance from the start in the Rangers?
- I think obviously that possibility there. Everything depends on me. I show up feet and is good from the start, I have a little hard to see that they can remove me.

What is required of you if you'll take a seat from the beginning?
- What I'm good at, full speed and give everything in every situation in the offensive, scoring goals and simply take for me.

Are you set to begin in the Rangers or Hartford?
- As I said, my goal is to start in the Rangers. Then I'll take it from there. Becomes Harford do I start there and then I get to work my way up.

http://translate.google.com/transla...rt-mig/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think the Rangers made a solid move signing Stromwall, who Kovacs has a history with. It's a lot easier to adjust to life overseas at that age if you have someone you know, helping you out with the basics.

However, both players have some serious talent. It's nice to see us adding forward talent and hopefully they can get a shot to show what they can do. Especially Stromwall has been impressive in Traverse City but both have had 2 good games.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Great to see that he is aiming high. To correct google a bit, and its a sentence that doesn't easily translate, but what he say is basically "if I put the competition in the rear mirror they will have a hard time sending me down", but its a much more natural saying in Swedish, more of a cliche.

I think the Rangers made a solid move signing Stromwall, who Kovacs has a history with. It's a lot easier to adjust to life overseas at that age if you have someone you know, helping you out with the basics.

However, both players have some serious talent. It's nice to see us adding forward talent and hopefully they can get a shot to show what they can do. Especially Stromwall has been impressive in Traverse City but both have had 2 good games.

Good point. This is a good story from the summer on Kovac talking about his neuropsychiatric disability:
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/kovacs-berattar-om-sin-diagnos-npf/

I really like this kid, would be amazing if he can become a hit for us. I was a little tense about how he would look in a new environment for us and so forth, so it has been great to see that he looks very relaxed and comfortable on the ice. Like he is having fun. All that matters. Its probably been great for him to have Stromwall with him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Great to see that he is aiming high. To correct google a bit, and its a sentence that doesn't easily translate, but what he say is basically "if I put the competition in the rear mirror they will have a hard time sending me down", but its a much more natural saying in Swedish, more of a cliche.

Good point. This is a good story from the summer on Kovac talking about his neuropsychiatric disability:
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/kovacs-berattar-om-sin-diagnos-npf/

I really like this kid, would be amazing if he can become a hit for us. I was a little tense about how he would look in a new environment for us and so forth, so it has been great to see that he looks very relaxed and comfortable on the ice. Like he is having fun. All that matters. Its probably been great for him to have Stromwall with him.

On the Traverse City roster page Kovacs is listed at 6'0" 186 lbs. which is up 10 lbs. from last year's 176. To me that can be a big deal in taking the next step. I'm usually a bit leery about players being too scrawny. Players get bottled up and roughed up in smaller rinks. What I've noticed with both Kovacs and Stromwall is they're both getting around the smaller ice surface--finding space with no particular problems. Kovacs has some sweet hands. If he gets in on a goalie one on one it's like Yvan Cournoyer--you can almost forget about the goalie stopping him. The one thing I haven't seen from Kovacs too much so far is his agitation game.

He is one of my favorite prospects.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kovacs looked pretty good in Traverse. Not phenomenal, but good enough where I think he realistically sticks in the AHL this season. If that's the case, he should stay in the US. I think Malte-Center-Kovacs would be a good third line to start the season for Hartford.

Hrivik - Nieves - Jensen
Brown - Rambo - Butcher
Stromwall - Gerbe - Kovacs
McRae - Fogarty - Glass
13F: Joly/Chapie/Carey

(This is not based just on ability, but to mix up rookies with vets and play complimentary players with each other.)

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Kovacs looked pretty good in Traverse. Not phenomenal, but good enough where I think he realistically sticks in the AHL this season. If that's the case, he should stay in the US. I think Malte-Center-Kovacs would be a good third line to start the season for Hartford.

Hrivik - Nieves - Jensen
Brown - Rambo - Butcher
Stromwall - Gerbe - Kovacs
McRae - Fogarty - Glass
13F: Joly/Chapie/Carey

(This is not based just on ability, but to mix up rookies with vets and play complimentary players with each other.)

Butcher in the AHL, on the second line...HOW DARE YOU! But really I like that lineup I think Hartford will be very competitive this season; a good environment for our young guys like Kovacs to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad